vLite 1.1 beta 2 - Purple pill

nuhi

Thank you for this one was very hard waiting aftrer knowing its coming this monday

Already tried seem 1 bug for now on the Compatibility selecting Aero Glass doesn't seem to work, Window SAT still shows on Components

Selecting Sample Media for removal leaving SAT prompt for missing files

time to format pc :D

thank you again

best regards

Deserapis

Edit : i was already but cd doesn't boot :-s give a try later

Edited by DESERAPIS

DESERAPIS, I tried Aero compat and it works. ISO also boots so what are you talking about? In other words are you using original Vista installation DVD/ISO or some tweaked one, and try it again. For compatibilities select means enabled while for components select means remove.

Missing files? Vista doesn't copy files one by one, it just extracts image.

ok here is wat happen

1. I was using on clean Vista RTM ( no tweaked /no component removal before hand )

2 I selected Aero Glass on Compatibility coz i wanted to keep

( Check the image attached )

3 But it doesn't work as it should ...i still get Windows SAT on Component Removal

4 I didn't select Windows SAT ( Coz i wanted it to keep )

5 I went on to select Windows Media Samples ( i wanted to remove and save 130MB of space)

( as far as i remember in your previous Release there was warning, it is needed for SAT)

6 I proceed to next then to next all was goin fine it integrated 71 updates and hotfix including Dreamscene and Hold'em

7 On last making Image it prompt for Missing files

8 i click OK and Exit

9 Deleted Vista Source file from Disk

10 Copied Vista from DVD to Disk .....Rerun the process

11 This time didn't select Media Sample for removal

12 finish made image burn it on possible lowest speed ie 2.4x

13 rebooted but it fail to boot from DVD

I will try again later to confirm it

Best regards

Deserapis

post-119429-1195476745_thumb.jpg

sp00f, missing how, there is Windows Media Samples in the Multimedia branch?

DESERAPIS, Windows SAT is not needed for Aero. Read the description for more details. You can select Aero by hand in Personalize - Color if it didn't detect it, that's all.

When did it prompt for missing files, which files if you remember?

edit: I tried it now with all removed and just kept SAT, while the setup was ok, no missing files, but the SAT didn't work. Meaning it needs something. It's not Media Samples if it's to trust another user who made me remove that dependency and when I tried without it it worked. Anyway gonna write here what it needs and you let me know about those files.

edit2: It's WMP Codecs.

yep , after remove them with vlite , there are still more samples.

del /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Administrator\Pictures\Sample Pictures.lnk"
del /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Administrator\Music\Sample Music.lnk"
del /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Administrator\Videos\Sample Videos.lnk"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Administrator\Favorites\Links\"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Administrator\Favorites\Microsoft Websites\"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Administrator\Favorites\MSN Websites\"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Administrator\Favorites\Windows Live\"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Public\Videos\Sample Videos\"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Users\Public\Recorded TV\Sample Media\"
rd /s /q "I:\VistaWork\Mount\Program Files\MSN\"

I use to run this.

Brilliant work nuhi !!!!!

With a full strip, Boot CD is down to around 525meg [Vista Basic here with driver and key hotfixes integrated]

A Clean instal including a quick format takes around 6 minutes from pc-turn-on to using the GUI [machine is a Quad core 6600]

Ram foot-print, after video and audio drivers loaded is around 240meg [2gig in system]

Runs nice and smooth and quick, and even boots up a bit quicker than before.

Out of curiosity nuhi, the above clean install, on my hard disk, sits around ~2.2gig [not including the swap file which is 3.6gig fixed and set].

Is there anything in particular that still makes it such a space-hog ? Mind you nuhi, from memory, a full clean retail Vista install [with no Vlit'ing] sits around ~6gig - ~8gig [exluding swap file] so come to think of it, maybe ~2.2gig is pretty fantastic.

You are an absolute genius nuhi !!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Ben

Edited by benifin

Strange it work this time no missing file warning

I made two image with same preset

1. Without MSXML4 (KB941833)

Prompt me wit can't integrate Windows6.0 KB941229 v2.msu

2. With MSXML4 (KB941833)

No warning at all ....everything ran smooth

Can't see why that update seem for Media Center

As per my previous post I'm attaching the preset + screenshot, its complete blank :-s this problem seem to be 1 of kind :P

Just try Ctrl+A on .ini file

Update you wit new installation soon

1 more thing ...working 2nd time doesn't seem fresh ......i mean u work 1st, create 1st image everything done fine

if want to create 2nd image.... Preset from 1st work is auto loaded everything we find tick its there any workaround beside deleting preset from installation folder

Edit : Everything working as it should no problem till now

I tried it now with all removed and just kept SAT, while the setup was ok, no missing files, but the SAT didn't work. Meaning it needs something. It's not Media Samples if it's to trust another user who made me remove that dependency and when I tried without it it worked.

No its not Media Samples....Didn't u have that already on v0.9 beta and came warning its needed for SAT in v1.0

All the beta seem to work gr8 for me ( maybe i don't twist it lot ) only this one wit empty preset

Thank you

best regards

Deserapis

post-119429-1195531124_thumb.jpg

Last_Session.ini

Edited by DESERAPIS

benifin, biggest now is the C:\Windows\winsxs folder which contains some needed runtimes and a lot of backup files. There was a component to remove them but it showed that they are needed for hotfixes so no go. It gotta go gradually, as the new component is removed backup gets removed as well.

DESERAPIS, so if I understood correctly the last session.ini gets erased on the second run? Hm I doubt that ever happened to me and there is no problem running vLite as many times as you want. Anyway there is no pressure to find a bug, just report one if you are really sure. That hotfix issue is interesting but I doubt that vLite causes it.