[Release] HashTab v2.1.1

johndoe74

HashTab v2.1.1 [Released: August 24, 2008]

HashTab is a Windows shell extension which adds a tab called "File Hashes" to the Windows Explorer file properties. The tab contains the MD5, SHA1 and CRC-32 file hashes. These are common hashes that are used to verify the integrity and authenticity of files. Many download sites list the MD5 hash along with the download link. The HashTab makes it very simple for Windows users to check these hashes on any file on the system without using external tools. The screenshot to the right shows an example.

Changelog: This version contains the following changes since version 2.0.8:

• Added drag and drop support for comparing files. Once the hash has completed, files can be dragged onto the HashTab. The dropped file will be hashed using the selected hash algorithm and the result is put in the text box and compared. This will make hash comparisons a little easier in some cases.
  • Updated translations for German, Japanese, Italian, French, Ukrainian, Spanish, Finnish and Chinese.
  • Fixed hash settings listbox layout.
  • Added a "copy all" menu item to copy all hash data to clipboard.
  • Fixed a problem where you had to hash a file in order to change settings.
  • Added French translation .
  • By popular demand, added support for MD2 and MD4 hashes.
  • The translation file has been updated for the new UI elements. If you notice untranslated strings in your language, you can help by downloading the translation file, translating the missing strings and sending me the file. Thanks!

File size :: 560.25 KB (573,698 Bytes)

MD5 :: 11BD37F2180AF1DBB96941944E0CC6D5

Main :: esnips

Mirror :: mediafire

Mirror :: filefront

Edited by johndoe74

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Johndoe74,

In my last two test PC installations this hasn't worked. Used RyanVM2.2.1Beta2 and then Beta3 with T13 fix. I used nLite 1.4.1 with MrNxDmX IE7 among 20+ other addons. Then WMP11, then DriverPacks.net. Then I used RyanIntegrator 1.5RC1 with RougeSpear's Java604 Beta. I install a fair amount of stuff, but all of the other ones work from you and others.

Included my nLite .ini file for you. Could it be because I change Target Path to W_INDWS and or Program Files to Prog_Files ? Have these set on all of my PC's for long time now.

------

[Options]

OemBranding

ProfilesDir = "%SystemDrive%\Do_cmnts and Setngs"

TargetPath = "W_INDWS"

temp_dir = %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp

AdvTweaks

------

Thanks

xp_P_n1.4.1.0_Ry2.2.1B3_T22_01_20_08.ini

what you can try is, after windows is installed, extract the addon then run the executable that's inside the SVCPACK folder. if that doesn't work, download the installer from the website and see if you can install that

by the way, why are there spaces in the .cab filenames ? you shouldn't have those, just to be on the safe side

Edited by johndoe74

Hi johndoe74,

I tried what you recommended and neither worked. I also downloaded new hashtab from website and tried it on my main PC that I did a clean install on with nLite 1.3.5 around June or July 2007. Well my main PC could not install HashTab 2.08 either. So it has to be something in nLite I removed. I can't recall running into any other problems except for this. I just installed DigestIT 2004 on my main PC and that went good so don't know what to think, no big deal I'll just use this one instead.

My renaming scheme I use -r for date when it was released or last tweaked by addon maker and -d is date when I actually downloaded it. I always use -d for download date on everything I get off the internet. That way when I look at it in Explorer I know when it was released and when I dnld it. Then I can make a decision if I want to go searching to see if there might be any new ones. After doing it this way eventually I can figure out how often addons or regular programs get updated. I also use -u as last updated, -c for created date (like when I run and customize that Sysinternals Addon Builder). I do it for my bookmarks to -a for added date -p for published date on some dnlds or some bookmarks, all depends on what it is. Also use Date Modified in Explorer but when transfer to my backup USB it shows transfer date so I like using my date structure.

I didn't know about the possible spacing issue with the cab files. I've been doing it this way for 2.5 years now.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

• 4 months later...
what you can try is, after windows is installed, extract the addon then run the executable that's inside the SVCPACK folder. if that doesn't work, download the installer from the website and see if you can install that

Not working!

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Edited by boooggy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...