Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

@ misterx7777:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

According to the HardwareIDs and Intel SATA Controller names you have posted, you are running your system drive in IDE and not in AHCI or RAID mode.

As long as you do not switch the Intel SATA Controller within the BIOS to AHCI or RAID mode, you will be able to install Windows XP without loading or having integrated any Intel textmode driver.

Regards

Fernando

@ misterx7777:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

According to the HardwareIDs and Intel SATA Controller names you have posted, you are running your system drive in IDE and not in AHCI or RAID mode.

As long as you do not switch the Intel SATA Controller within the BIOS to AHCI or RAID mode, you will be able to install Windows XP without loading or having integrated any Intel textmode driver.

Regards

Fernando

Thanks Fernando.

The problem is just that: I have the need to enable the ahci because I have a multi-boot system (xp - seven -win8 ).

For seven and win8 all is o.k. in ahci, there are no problems.

This forces me to change the options of the bios when I switch to xp. For this reason I would like to install the correct drivers for xp.

Can you help me?

Is a big problem for me.

The problem is just that: I have the need to enable the ahci because I have a multi-boot system (xp - seven -win8 ).

For seven and win8 all is o.k. in ahci, there are no problems.

This forces me to change the options of the bios when I switch to xp. For this reason I would like to install the correct drivers for xp.

Then you should boot into Win7 or Win8 (in AHCI mode) and post the HardwareIDs of the SATA AHCI Controller, where your system drive is connected. Edited by Fernando 1

O.k Fernando.

In windows 8 there is only one value:

1) Intel® 6 Series/c200 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI controller - 1c02

Id hardware:

1) PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&SUBSYS_76761462&REV_05

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&SUBSYS_76761462

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&CC_010601

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&CC_0106

In windows 7 there is also only one value:

1) Controller ATA seriale standard AHCI 1.0

Id hardware:

1) PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&SUBSYS_76761462&REV_05

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&SUBSYS_76761462

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&CC_010601

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C02&CC_0106

Thank's

Edited by misterx7777

@ misterx7777:

Thanks for posting the HardwareIDs.

Conclusion:

You can integrate any of the 32bit Intel RST drivers, but I recommend to take the 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL (you can take the modded version as well).

When nLite is going to integrate it as textmode driver, you should only check the listed "Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller".

If you take an original (untouched) XP CD as source, I have no doubt, that you will succeed with the XP installation in AHCI mode.

Fernando, I have to thank you:

I'm writing from xp ahci. Everything is o.k.

The drivers are correct for my system. In addition I have also tried to force the same drivers in another hard drive with xp already installed (in device manager), and I had the same result.

So it also works in post installation, the only caution before is to disable the controller eide already installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody can advice where to download ahci driver for windows 2000 for Dell Latitude E4310 and how to integrate?

If you find out the HardwareIDs of the on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller, I would try to help you.

This is the way you get them: Install Windows 7, open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section, right click onto the listed AHCI Controller and choose "Oroperties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".

Edited by Fernando 1