Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

@ garbin:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

To be honest I don't understand the correlation between your problem and this thread of the nLite Forum.

The topic of this thread is the integration of the Intel AHCI and RAID driver into a bootable Windows XP CD. The tool nLite cannot be used, if you want to get any driver slipstreamed into a Windows 7 image.

Regards

Fernando

HI,

I am trying to install Windows 7 64 bits on a intel ich7r raid 5 group disk, but I am having problems. The installation process does not recognize the (raid) disk. When I load the Intel F6 RST driver, an error appears showing that "the drive version is incorrect. Contact the manufacturer".

The raid is OK and bootable. The SATA MODE is RAID on bios.

Is it realy needed to (pré) install the Intel ich7 RST driver in a new Windows 7 installation?

I am trying to install Windows 7 64 bits on a intel ich7r raid 5 group disk, but I am having problems.
What has your problem to do with the topic of this thread? This is the nLite Forum and nLite cannot be used with Windows 7.
Is it realy needed to (pré) install the Intel ich7 RST driver in a new Windows 7 installation?
No, Win7 should be able to detect the Intel RAID array automaticly by using the Intel in-box drivers.

Regards

Fernando

Hi Fernando

i always slipstream XP CD with SATA drivers for intel and AMD chipsets without any problem.

i had slipstream XP CD as you mentioned in the past post's.

but unfurtunately i face this massage before i could rich my hard disk to install XP. (attached pic).

in this section display is seems to be freezing!

my keyboard is not working.and i can not change any option.even my ENTER key or F3 is not working.

by the way my mouse and keyboard is wireless and has been connected to my mainboard by usb pen.

my mainboard is ASUS P8Z68-V PRO.

tnx bro.

post-341960-0-12153300-1324980624_thumb.

@ rezafarah:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

my keyboard is not working.and i can not change any option.even my ENTER key or F3 is not working.
You have to enter the BIOS, to choose the "Advanced" menue > "USB Configuration" and to enable the "Legacy USB Support".

After having saved the new BIOS settings you will be able to use your keyboard even in DOS mode.

Regards

Fernando

Hi again Fernando

tnx for your fast replay.

my problem has been solved.

thank you very much.

before i was put the legacy USB option on AUTO.with your advice i switched it to ENABLE and my keyboard is working in XP menu setup without that message.

well done bor. :thumbup

Hi, I'm a holder of P5B and XP Pro, which uses FOR YEARS

Fernando's drivers to enable AHCI. ;)

I also made a demand in this hread but can not remember the account...

I wonder: I'm about to switch to Windows 7, there I will not have

these problems? The AHCI is generally recognized with P5B?

Thank you! :)

Luigi

Hello Luigi,

welcome again at MSFN Forum!

I wonder: I'm about to switch to Windows 7, there I will not have these problems? The AHCI is generally recognized with P5B?
Yes, Windws 7 has an appropriate in-box AHCI driver. So you will not get any troubles during the OS installation.

Nevertheless I recommend to install the latest Intel RST driver once Win7 is up. Usually you will get a better performance with the special Intel AHCI driver than with the generic MS AHCI driver.

Regards

Fernando

When integrating these files to a new XP build as described on page 1, is it as safe as the official Intel method which is described in the drivers readme.txt using:

like $OEM$\$1\Drivers\AHCI

Nlite differs from what Intel instructs as how to manually integrate the drivers. Is this as safe as using Intel's method??

Edited by ricardrosen

Maybe I will add freshly modded 32/64bit Intel MSM drivers v7.8.0.1012 within the start post of this thread for VirtualBox users like you.

Here are the download links:

>32bit Intel MSM AHCI & RAID driver v7.8.0.1012 mod by Fernando<

>64bit Intel MSM AHCI & RAID driver v7.8.0.1012 mod by Fernando<

Maybe you ore someone else can test one of these drivers and report here about the result.do

I confirm that with those modified drivers Xp setup doesn't give any bsod and I was finally successful to install in v.box sata controller.

I think you should mention in the fir post and give instructions about this. I was going crazy not to be able to test my iso with Virtual Box! Thank you 4 everything and have a good year! :D

@ BubbleBobble:

Thank you for your feedback.

I confirm that with those modified drivers Xp setup doesn't give any bsod and I was finally successful to install in v.box sata controller.

I think you should mention in the fir post and give instructions about this. I was going crazy not to be able to test my iso with Virtual Box!

It's done at least before 2012 has come.

Happy New Year!

Fernando

I have a Packard Bell Dot S2 netbook with Intel Atom processor N450 on XP Home. It didn’t come with a mainbord manual so I don’t know about its chipsets, and I don’t know anything about chipsets anyways.

The netbook boots, goes through the Windows screen, then goes black after. I tried to format and install XP Pro from the disk, but after it loads the CD’s contents and says “Setup is starting windows…”, it hits the BSOD with the stop code “STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7A8A524, 0Xc0000034, 0X00000000, 0x00000000)”. I then changed the SATA mode to IDE; that got me past “Setup is starting windows…” but then froze at “Setup is checking for previous versions of windows”.

The first time I decided to use nLite was when I slipstreamed just the SATA driver the Packard bell website, again I froze at “Setup is checking for previous versions of windows”, but when tried again and pressed F6, it said “Setup cannot identify what type of computer you have…”. I had to choose from ACPI multiprocessor, ACPI uniprocessor, standard PC, etc. I chose standard PC… that didn’t work and that screen never came again. I then followed that above instructions as closely as I could; again I froze at “Setup is checking for previous versions of windows”, the only difference being that it skipped the licence agreement part.

Help! (Please.)

With some controllers its just impossible to find the correct driver, I have a Packard Bell desktop PC iSmart B3420 which isn't even supported / shown on their website with an unknown mainboard, when I type the model number Google shows its a Packard Bell laptop or manufactured by ECS or an ASUS etc. There is no way to find out the type of chipset because I cant find an AHCI driver to allow me to install XP (no option to change to IDE mode). The chipset has a heatsink over it and I am not planning to damage the board to remove the heatsink. As far as I know it has some ATI chipset which is now owned by AMD I recently found out. I have tried countless AMD drivers but none of them work - all produce BSOD. I have given up trying to install XP on it and its now standing in the corner. By todays specification its a slow PC but still good enough as an office PC / server (P4 3GHz HT, 2GB DDR II, 160GB HDD SATA, DVD RW SATA etc) I am sad about this but I guess thats the way it is :-(

@ muggle:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

I have a Packard Bell Dot S2 netbook with Intel Atom processor N450 on XP Home. It didn’t come with a mainbord manual so I don’t know about its chipsets, and I don’t know anything about chipsets anyways.
>Here< is the link to the manual for your Packard Bell Dot S2 netbook. It has an Intel® NM10 Express Chipset.
The netbook boots, goes through the Windows screen, then goes black after. I tried to format and install XP Pro from the disk, but after it loads the CD’s contents and says “Setup is starting windows…”, it hits the BSOD with the stop code “STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7A8A524, 0Xc0000034, 0X00000000, 0x00000000)”. I then changed the SATA mode to IDE; that got me past “Setup is starting windows…” but then froze at “Setup is checking for previous versions of windows”.
Questions:

1. Why do you want to reinstall Windows XP?

2. Have you entered the BIOS and changed the SATA mode to AHCI?

I suspect, that you were running your netbook SATA Controller in IDE (LEGACY) mode until now and want to change it to AHCI mode. According to >this< information written by an Intel Support employee it is impossible to get Windows XP installed in AHCI mode due to the lack of an appropriate AHCI driver, which is suitable for this OS. Provided he is right you have to install Windows 7, if you want to switch the SATA mode of your netbook to AHCI.

Regards

Fernando