Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Side note:

Some users reported, that they got all "track zero" issues solved after having tried to install a Linux distribution like Ubuntu.

That's weird because I tried to make more space for XP by using the partition editor on Ubuntu CD. Now I have about 3 chunks of unpartitioned space(possibly due to the rounding of cylinders?) of around 1, 7 and 2MBs.

I might try this. The procedure would be format, Install Linux, reformat and then try the XP install?

Edited by holyc0w

I might try this. The procedure would be format, Install Linux, reformat and then try the XP install?
Yes, try that and report here, if you succeeded this way.

Obviously there are Operating Systems, who are able to read a bad track 0 (like Windows 7) and others, which seem to be able to repair the bad track 0 (like Ubuntu)

I meant unpartitioned in the post before.

I used the Ubuntu partition editor and closed up all the unpartitioned space. There was a 7 and 1MB chunk. I had to allocate the 1MB to the Vista partition before allocating the 7MBs to the XP partition. The trouble might have been with the 1MB as it appeared to be at the beginning of the partition.

Now XP is working fine. Thanks for the help. :thumbup

Well I ran the partition editor on the Live CD and then I installed XP.

The first time I ran the partition editor was a week or two ago to expand my designated XP partition. It added 1 or 2 small chunks of unpartitioned space. I think the 1MB chunk, which could have been the source of the problem, was there from the beginning.

Hi Fernando,

I see that you wre able to help many people here and, i think i need some as well...

I recently got my hands on a HP DV7-2045EZ which comes with Vista, all goes ok, the problem

is that i really need XP installed for school... I'll be provided with a couple of programs from school

and they only support XP...

Well, here is the point, i have a couple of XP cd's with Sata drivers and clean copies as well,

with one from those cd's i was able to reach the point where xp restarts before setup then, game over...

with the drivers you provide here, gives me always a STOP ERROR and Blue Screen or no boot from the cd.

but if i put the cd in the dvd-rom it starts :whistle:

i'm using:

XP PRO x86 clean copy

32bit_Intel_textmode_driver_v8.9.0.1023_WHQL

floppy32

Any idea? any help would be really nice, otherwise i'll have to buy another laptop...

Thanks in advance

@ icemanzh:

Questions:

1. Are you still able to boot Vista?

If yes, open the Device Manager and look for the Controller names within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "Storage Controllers".

2. Are you sure, that you have set the CD/DVD-ROM device as first bootable device?

3. Which was the text of the error messages you got?

4. Which Intel Controllers did you integrate into the XP CD?

@ icemanzh:

Questions:

1. Are you still able to boot Vista?

If yes, open the Device Manager and look for the Controller names within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "Storage Controllers".

2. Are you sure, that you have set the CD/DVD-ROM device as first bootable device?

3. Which was the text of the error messages you got?

4. Which Intel Controllers did you integrate into the XP CD?

Hi again,

1- yes, i'm able to boot Vista,

"IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers"- Intel® ICH9M/M-E Family 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 2929

"Storage Controllers"- Microsoft iSCSI-Initiator

2- yes :rolleyes:

3- with xp cd + DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_901 ( Driverpacks.ne t)

*** STOP: 0X0000007B (0XF78DA524, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

- with xp cd + 32bit_Intel_textmode_driver_v8.9.0.1023_WHQL ( from your link )

NO BOOT AT ALL, NEITHER WITH THE FILES FROM "Intel_INF_Drivers_9111014_ready_for_nLite" ( your link )

4- "Intel_INF_Drivers_9111014_ready_for_nLite" and "32bit_Intel_textmode_driver_v8.9.0.1023_WHQL",

both packs in the same cd and/ one at a time

- "DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_901" alone, without any other pack on the cd

can you guide me somehow ? i have a Quanta board with InsydeH2O Bios vF.12 but, as usual all the usefull options are missing...

Thanks

by the way, your JMicron drivers link is dead...

an unsual question in this kind of forums... are you portuguese? :P

@ icemanzh:

The driverpacks things do not work with nLite, you have to take base instead.

Why don't you do it just as I have layed down within my guide?

Do simply the following:

1. Take a clean (=untouched) XP CD as source.

2. Integrate just the 32bit_Intel_textmode_driver_v8.9.0.1023_WHQL and enable the "Intel® ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller", when you get the textmode driver popup.

3. Let nLite burn the Image directly onto the CD (that's an nLite option) or let nLite create the ISO file and burn it as bootable Image by using a burning software.

By the way:

1. Thanks for your report, that the link to the JMicron drivers was dead (reason: they added Win7). The link is fixed now.

2. No I am not Portuguese, but German.

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi Fernando,

sorry about my late coment but I was out for the weekend and only now I could get to work with my laptop again.

So, I was following your guide but something was wrong and not working and I end up finding what it was...

For some funny reason, I was loosing boot on my cd's after using nlite,

uninstall, reinstall nlite, slipstream another source and voilá !

Thanks for your help and your great guide.

Though the problem was another one :whistle: , it is good to have help from Those who know.

Cheers,

Helder Oliveira

P.S. About driverpacks, I know the method... but thanks for the point...

Edited by icemanzh

• 2 weeks later...

hi, ive got an asrock p45ts motherboard, with a ich10 chipset.

ive tried installing xp32 pro slipstreaming the achi driver provided by asrock, but i get a bsod, then i tried the driver provided here instead, and i get the same bsod, bad_pool_caller stop: 0xc2

both bsods appear at the final stages of installation right after the second installation reboot, and before the welcome screen.

im installing from a pata cd drive; since i have 2x2gb ram modules i tried using only one module, but i get bsod, then i substituted that module for the one i removed, bsod.

the bios is set to ahci instead of ide, ive got no "enable/disble acpi" setting, seems to be enabled by default but you can change acpi settings.

i dont know what im doing wrong, any ideas?

thanks in advance.

@ p45ts:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Here are my recommendations for you:

1. When you are precessing your XP CD source by using nLite, you should leave the "Computer type" settings as they are per default ("automatic").

2. If you have an Intel ICH10 (without "R") chipset mainboard, you may integrate the 32bit Intel textmode driver, which has been customized by me (Download link).

3. To avoid any problems during the XP installation, you should remove 2 GB of RAM (just for the installing procedure).

Good luck!

Fernando

hi, thanks for replying.

i tried what you suggested, i changed the computer type to automatic and burned again, removed one memory module but i still bsod.

i already had slipstreamed the file you posted.

i guess im out of luck :}

i guess im out of luck :}
... our you have done something wrong.

Do have access to any Windows OS on your computer?

If yes, open the Device Manager and post the names of the Controllers you see within the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if present - the "Storage Controllers" sections.

Edited by Fernando 1