Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

i bought a dell inspiron mini 10v with a 16gig SSD and i can not install xp home OEM, because the error message "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem." comes up. i tryed to integrate any driver packege except the JMicron driver because i just can not find them.

can anyone help me with more tipps ? i do not even know with hardware i have, becuase dell doesn't clearly tell my anywhere... I am not very good in computers...

Henning

Germany

//edit maybe per messenger?

Edited by Forsti

Yeah, just working on the components page now...gotta go through each section. I wish I had some cool hotfixes though. I only had a RVMupdate.
If you want to be on the safe side, you should let do nLite nothing more than

1. integration of SP3

2. integration of the needed textmode driver

3. creation of the image file.

@ Forsti:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

i bought a dell inspiron mini 10v with a 16gig SSD and i can not install xp home OEM, because the error message "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem." comes up. i tryed to integrate any driver packege except the JMicron driver because i just can not find them.
Are you running the SSD SATA drive in RAID or AHCI Mode? Check the BIOS settings.

You can get the JMicron textmode driver from here, but I doubt, that any textmode driver will solve your problem.

I suspect, that your BIOS settings are not correct or the current BIOS version doesn't support SSD drives.

Edited by Fernando 1

I'm on unattended settings section and I was wondering if I should leave OEM install enabled?

Also, I wanted to remove Guest but the remove button is grayed out.

Edited by majax79

@ Forsti:

Look into my previous post, which I have edited after having seen your message.

@ majax79:

1. You can leave the "OEMPreInstall" option enabled, since you have integrated the needed textmode driver (don't hit F6 while installing XP!).

2. As I told you, don't try all nLite options.

Are you running the SSD SATA drive in RAID or AHCI Mode? Check the BIOS settings.

You can get the JMicron textmode driver from here, but I doubt, that any textmode driver will solve your problem.

I suspect, that your BIOS settings are not correct or the current BIOS version doesn't support SSD drives.

i really really do not know, i hope i can do snapshots of my bios soon O_O The current bios version is A05, while i can downlaod A03 on dell.com. So i guess I'm up to date?

all i can tell you from the bios is:

fixed HDD: SAMSUNG SSD UM410 Series-(S1 <- after that the boarder comes

HDD Size 16014MB SATA1

the first starting screen is so fast, that i can not read anything from it...

thanks for your help.

@ Forsti:

If you can boot into any other OS, have a look into the C:\BOOT.INI file.

It should look like this:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

right now i am trying another USB-stick solution:

i downloaded an american SP2, updated it to SP3 via nlite and integrated all 32bit intel drivers. after the 30 min routine of copying, he asks me this:

unbenanntcfi.jpg

the more i read, the less i understand... i am awake for 40 hours now ~_~. what shall i choose? //*edit* i choosed "no" yet.// after the next installation I can tell you how the boot.ini looks like.

btw: the first 20 hours i tried WinSetupFromUSB, the last 20h i try USB_multiboot_10.cmd

Henning

//at least i can see the how i met your mother seasons again...

Edited by Forsti

Fernando 1, thanks for all the help.

I'm on the other side. Man, windows xp installed like in 10 minutes...pretty insane. Everything worked properly. The only issue was that I wanted to remove Guest from user login and I now have to select my name in the logon screen. Where was I suppose to change that?

I'm gonna create another disc with a few things added on. I just wanted to make sure it would work. Thanks again.

Ok, I did run into a problem.

There is a yellow question mark by SM BUS CONTROLLER.

Here's a pic of the Hardware ID. It looks the same as the Hard Drive. I only selected iaAHCI.inf for integration and I didn't integrate anything from iaStor.inf. Could that be the problem?

86484689.jpg w1024.png

I found out that I was missing intel chipset utility. Got if from dell website. Sorry to bother.

Edited by majax79

Yet nothing helped. I tried something else now: i put the SSD into my desktop and installed via the USB stick. everything is fine, installation complete.

when i put the SSD back into the netbook, the computer doesnt start, saying "operating system not found" i guess its the same problem. i try to install all the dell drivers now via desktop and start again. maybe someone has any other idea?

i tried to "fix" the boot.ini like they guys told in the thread fernando gave me, but that did not work...

@ majax79:

Fine, that you succeeded with the XP installation by chosing the driver and Controller I had suggested.

Ok, I did run into a problem.

There is a yellow question mark by SM BUS CONTROLLER.

You have to install the Intel chipset (=INF) "drivers" which are managing the Intel System Management devices (SMBus Controller etc.). That is no problem at all since you got Windows XP up.

The solution is very easy: Just download and install this package. It contains the actual Intel chipset device "drivers".

After having done that, you will not see the yellow mark within the Device Manager anymore.

I only selected iaAHCI.inf for integration and I didn't integrate anything from iaStor.inf. Could that be the problem?
No, the Intel textmode drivers (with the IASTOR files) have nothing to do with the SMBus Controller. You have done everything correctly.

By the way:

You can prevent the yellow mark within the Device Manager from scratch, if you integrate 2 different Intel drivers into the XP CD:

1. the Intel textmode driver as TEXTMODE (as you have already done)

and additionally

2. the Intel chipset "drivers" (download link: see above) as PnP drivers.

You will find the how-to details within my guide (first post of this thread).

@ Forsti:

It seems, that either the SSD has not been detected by the BIOS or that you have wrong boot settings within the BIOS of your mainboard.

This is what I suggest:

Open the mainboard BIOS and look into the "Advanced BIOS Features" section.

There you will find different Boot order settings for

1. the Boot Devices (First/Second/Third Boot Device) and

2. the Hard Disk Drives (option name is "HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY").

Before you are going to install Windows XP onto your new SSD drive, you should make sure, that

a ) the SSD drive is listed and on the first position of the "HARD DISK PRIORITY and

b ) the USB Floppy is set as "First Boot Device" and the HDD as "Second Boot Device".

@ majax79 anf Forsti:

Good luck for both of you!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1