Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Thank you, Fernando. With nLite no longer available, is there another way of adapting XP to a Sata controller, possibly the F6 method? I am not sure whether this approach might work.

I meant loading the driver with the Win 7 install at the beginning 'Load Driver' part.
This will not work, because Win7 Setup doesn't accept any unsigned drivers.

But this is not a big problem. Let Win7 Setup install the generic AHCI driver MSAHCI.SYS and update the AHCI driver later manually.

With nLite no longer available, is there another way of adapting XP to a Sata controller, possibly the F6 method? I am not sure whether this approach might work.
nLite is still availabe and will work, but you can install XP onto an AHCI or RAID system by using the F6 method too.

Regards

Fernando

Thank you again, Fernando. Where is nLite still available in a working state, my experience on the URL nLiteos.com is, unfortunately, a bit less than satisfactory as I had indicated earlier.

Where is nLite still available in a working state, my experience on the URL nLiteos.com is, unfortunately, a bit less than satisfactory as I had indicated earlier.
Join >this< site and go into the "nLite" chapter. There you can download the actual nLite version 1.4.9.1 either as installer or as self-extracting archive. Both downloads are running fine.

Regards

Fernando

• 2 weeks later...

After some nice panicking, I finally found this great guide. Worked on first attempt.

Was trying to install XP on a friend's Toshiba a200 using just Intel Matrix Storage Manager-7.5.0.1017 inserted through nlite. Got the HD recognized for the installation, but would give me a BSOD when booting.

I followed the guide inserting your modded RST (item e) and your INF package (intel chipset device software) in a XP SP3 disk. Flawless. All set now.

Thank you very much, Fernando. Awesome work. :thumbup

I am not a little surprised to learn that someone still succeeds in installing XP on a newer pc using nLite. All versions of nLite that I had downloaded from various places did not work in that after having copied the OS from the respective place nLite went straight to the renamed "import" screen, skipping the screen displayong the various choices. The f6 approach got me nowhere either as on both a desktop and a laptop with both XP Home and XP Prof pressing f6 did not result in the expected screen but setup kept happily " loading files". I have no idea what might have gone wrong in either case - Fernando has indicated that Nuhi has stopped supporting his program - and I have regrettably concluded that I have run out of options. I will continue watching this topic. Thanks to all.

I am not a little surprised to learn that someone still succeeds in installing XP on a newer pc using nLite. All versions of nLite that I had downloaded from various places did not work
The driver integration definitively should work by using the last version of nLite.

Please post your problem into the nLite Forum by starting a new thread with a title like "nLite doesn't work for me" or similar.

This way you may get help by some experts, who had helped Nuhi developing the tool nLite.

Good luck!

Fernando

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Fernando!

I have tried endless options to make this work now. I have tried slipstreaming the new IRST drivers into an 64 bit Windows XP CD, then after that using WinToFlash to boot it from a USB (since I am currently not available to use the CD-ROM) I get the error "mv91xx.sys is missing", then I tried adding the Marvell drivers to see if it could find the mv91xx.sys, but no luck.. Still get the same message about mv91xx.sys missing. I also tried changing my BIOS settings to Disable SATA / changing it to IDE etc.. No luck at all.... Any help would be appreciated.

- eROM.

Edited by eROM

Hello eROM,

welcome at MSFN Forum!

I have tried slipstreaming the new IRST drivers into an 64 bit Windows XP CD, then after that using WinToFlash to boot it from a USB (since I am currently not available to use the CD-ROM) I get the error "mv91xx.sys is missing",
1. An original XP CD does neither contain the Marvell SATA3 AHCI driver named mv91xx.sys nor any INF or SIF file entries regarding this driver.

You obviously have used an already processed XP CD as source or you have loaded a Last_session.ini of a previous processing procedure, when you started your work with nLite.

It is very important, that you start with a clean (=untouched) Windows XP-CD as source and do not load any Last_session.ini.

2. If you should have integrated several different SATA drivers, you should start a new nLite session from scratch and integrate just the Intel AHCI driver (providing, that your system drive is connected to an Intel SATA port, which has been set to AHCI mode).

3. If your USB stick is not able to read the files, I recommend to change the USB stick or/and the ISO-to-USB transfer tool.

Regards

Fernando

Hello eROM,

welcome at MSFN Forum!

I have tried slipstreaming the new IRST drivers into an 64 bit Windows XP CD, then after that using WinToFlash to boot it from a USB (since I am currently not available to use the CD-ROM) I get the error "mv91xx.sys is missing",
1. An original XP CD does neither contain the Marvell SATA3 AHCI driver named mv91xx.sys nor any INF or SIF file entries regarding this driver.

You obviously have used an already processed XP CD as source or you have loaded a Last_session.ini of a previous processing procedure, when you started your work with nLite.

It is very important, that you start with a clean (=untouched) Windows XP-CD as source and do not load any Last_session.ini.

2. If you should have integrated several different SATA drivers, you should start a new nLite session from scratch and integrate just the Intel AHCI driver (providing, that your system drive is connected to an Intel SATA port, which has been set to AHCI mode).

3. If your USB stick is not able to read the files, I recommend to change the USB stick or/and the ISO-to-USB transfer tool.

Regards

Fernando

Alright, so I tried a completely untouched XP 64 CD, slipstreamed the intel drivers, got 07B BSOD, tried slipstreaming SP3 in to see if it fixed it, but no luck, still getting the BSOD :-(

Alright, so I tried a completely untouched XP 64 CD, slipstreamed the intel drivers, got 07B BSOD, tried slipstreaming SP3 in to see if it fixed it, but no luck, still getting the BSOD :-(
If you want help, you should give us some informations about

1. your system (vendor and name of the mainboard or pc),

2. the SATA driver version you have integrated and

3. the SATA Controller you have selected during the integration process.

As a long time observer of this topic and so far a rather unsuccessful user of nLite I wonder whether eRom mighr be so kind and ndicate the source of the nLite program used. I have downloaded the program from multiple sources, but never got past the stage of copying the OS from the hard drive. The multi choice does screen not come up at all and the next screen has an "import" button insteadof the normal "insert" one. Thank you