Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

One last question. How did you discover this ?
Since I always extract and have a deeper look into all new AHCI and RAID driverpacks, I was astonished to find a folder named RST within Intel's actual RSTe drivers and software set. Surprisingly there was just a 32bit driver within the RST folder.

After having read, that the RSTe drivers do not support Windows XP (32bit), I concluded, that the separately stored 32bit RST driver v10.5.2.1010 were designed for being used with Windows XP.

By the way: Users with an X79 chipset mainboard, who want or have to install Windows XP, do not absolutely need to use the RST driver v10.5.2.1010. All Intel RST drivers except the v11.5 series (that are RSTe drivers) inclusively the latest v11.1.0.1006 will work, but the needed HardwareID's of the X79 SATA Controllers have to be added to the text of the iaAHCI.inf and TXTSETUP.OEM files. >Here< you can find some driverpacks, where I have already customized the INF and OEM files to make them compatible with nearly all Intel chipsets and Southbridges.

If you want to try or just do a deeper look into the "modded" 32bit Intel RST driver v11.1.0.1006 dated 02/01/2012, you can download it from >here<.

Have fun!

Regards

Fernando

Which extraction software do you use.
Usually I take the tool 7-Zip, but some EXE-driverpacks (from Intel, AMD etc.) cannot be extracted this way.

If 7-Zip doesn't work, I execute the EXE file and let the installer extract the package itself. Before I accept or start the installation procedure, I usually I find the extracted package either within a folder the installer has proposed or within my Temp folder.(User\Name\AppData\Local\Temp).

Regards

Fernando

Hello Fernando First I need to clarify an erroneous impression that I seem to have caused: I had not the least intention to appear critical of your writing. When I saw

"updated" re an article that contained a multitude of specific controllers I assumed that the update included such to myself important detail, some of which cannot even be found currently on the originator`s internet presence, and I had no idea that it was limited to certain aspects. This particular topic may be straightforward to the well ersed, but is quite overwhelming to those that consider them no more knowledgeable than perhaps capable of logical thinking. Unfortunately, I have experienced so far nothing but failure with nLite, without, however the slightest notion of what went or I did wrong. I feel that your description is generally clear and instructive, but some times a for you minor detail results in uncertainty and a stumbling block. Respectfully hmtjakob

Unfortunately, I have experienced so far nothing but failure with nLite, without, however the slightest notion of what went or I did wrong.
If you want help, you should write

a ) what you did with nLite (which tasks, which drivers did you integrate and which Controllers did you enable) and

b ) at which point of the nLite processing or the XP installation did you get an error and which message did you get.

Edited by Fernando 1

@ DavidT:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

Can this be done if I have GeForce 9100M G motherboard on my laptop?
Why not? The graphics adapter has nothing to do with the SATA AHCI or RAID Controllers.

Regards

Fernando

@ DavidT:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

Can this be done if I have GeForce 9100M G motherboard on my laptop?
Why not? The graphics adapter has nothing to do with the SATA AHCI or RAID Controllers.

Regards

Fernando

Thanks for welcoming!

I don't know, everything is new to me so I had to check.

How can I know what chipset from that list is mine? (when I say list, I mean that image in Textmode driver mode)

edit: I'm also having problem with that step of copying OS from CD to HDD.

CD is brand new, yet i cannot copy file named RTCDLL.MAN. I have to skip copying that file and I'm afraid I won't be able to instal windows without that file.

Edited by DavidT

How can I know what chipset from that list is mine? (when I say list, I mean that image in Textmode driver mode)
Without any details about your laptop (name and manufacturer) I am not able to answer your question.

If you are running any Windows OS with that laptop, you can verify it by opening the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" and - if applicable - the "Storage Controller" resp."SCSI and RAID Controllers" section of the Device Manager. There you should see the SATA Controller(s) of your system. Do a right click onto the Controller > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareID's". Give me the DeviceID (DEV_xxxx) and I will tell you, which special SATA Controller your laptop has.

CD is brand new, yet i cannot copy file named RTCDLL.MAN. I have to skip copying that file and I'm afraid I won't be able to instal windows without that file.
I suspect, that either your XP CD or your CD-ROM device is not ok. Edited by Fernando 1

Without going back into the past, I wonder whether you might check out the nLiteos.com web presence. The overall impression is one of an intruder at work and down[loading the nLite file on both an older desktop with a Biostar-NVIDIA motherboard and XP as well as with a new Dell N4110 laptop with Win 7 64 bit the nLite jumps frpm the storing of the copied OS to the "import" not "insert" page without any facility for browsing for the driver.

Thank you

Hey Fernando,

I was reading as to whether the X79 RSTe support the Trim command and saw some of your comments on the Intel Forum. I dual boot XP and Win 7 with a Samsung 256gb SSD and use the Samsung software to trim my XP partition. Is there indeed a problem that the RSTe drivers don't pass the trim command in Win 7 ?

Thanks Again,

Bob

Without going back into the past, I wonder whether you might check out the nLiteos.com web presence.
The only person, who would be able to do it is Nuhi, the owner of that site, but he obviously has stopped any support regarding the web site nLiteos.com and the tool nLite.

So I am sorry, but I cannot solve your problem.

I was reading as to whether the X79 RSTe support the Trim command and saw some of your comments on the Intel Forum. I dual boot XP and Win 7 with a Samsung 256gb SSD and use the Samsung software to trim my XP partition. Is there indeed a problem that the RSTe drivers don't pass the trim command in Win 7 ?
According to my knowledge it is absolutely impossible, that the Intel RSTe drivers do support TRIM, because TRIM is an ATA not an SCSI device command.

Nevertheless it may be possible, that the RSTe drivers will automaticly clean the cells of an SSD, but they have to do it with the UNMAP command, which is the equivalent of the TRIM command for SCSI connected SSD. What I do not know is, if Win7 does already support the UNMAP command. AFAIK it will be implemented into the upcoming Windows 8.

Regards

Fernando

Thanks Fernando,

Sounds like I might be better off using your modded RST 11.1.0.1006. I slipstreamed with Nlite for XP. Is there any problem loading 11.1.0.1006 in Win 7 from USB drive ? just choose C600 controller right ?

Is there any problem loading 11.1.0.1006 in Win 7 from USB drive ? just choose C600 controller right ?
You will not get a list with the Intel SATA Controllers like with Windows XP, because Win7 doesn't read the TXTSETUP.OEM file. It will find the correct HardwareID's itself.

Important: You have to force the installation of the "modded" driver by hitting the "Have Disk..." button. Otherwise the driver update fails with the message, that the "best" driver has been already installed.

Edited by Fernando 1