Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Hi cdob,

Thank you for your reply, OK now I understand better what you were trying to suggest. I do not think the official version support my R519 since the XP CD I created does not work on the R519, but should in future I think, I will wait for a future release and see if the R519's chip is supported, at least I have another XP CD without AHCI drivers that work perfectly on the R519, so its not too much of a problem luckily. Thank you again for your help.

Jen

I do not think the official version support my R519 since the XP CD I created does not work on the R519, but should in future I think, I will wait for a future release and see if the R519's chip is supported, at least I have another XP CD without AHCI drivers that work perfectly on the R519, so its not too much of a problem luckily.
The fact, that you were able to get XP installed without having loaded (F6) or integrated any textmode driver, verifies, that the SATA Controllers of your Samsung R519 are running in IDE and not in AHCI mode.

So it seems even possible for me, that the installation of XP with integrated Intel RST textmode driver failed, because the driver was wrong (= not usable with IDE/LEGACY mode SATA Controllers). An XP CD with integrated Intel RST driver should only be used with Intel chipset systems, where the SATA hdd is running in AHCI or RAID mode. As long as the SATA Controllers have been set to "IDE" or "LEGACY" mode, you should always prefer an untouched XP CD for the installation. Any integration of a wrong (= not usable) textmode driver may cause a BSOD.

Conclusion:

It doesn't make sense for you to wait for any new official RST driver. None of the Intel RST or MSM drivers will work with your Samsung R519, unless you have set the SATA Controllers to AHCI (or RAID) mode within the mainboard BIOS prior to the XP installation.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

I'm getting
run-time error '13'

Type mismatch

That is not enough information for any support.

Although you didn't post anything about what you have done, you definitively have done something wrong.

If you want help within this special thread, you should have followed my guide, which is within the start post.

I bet, that you have tried a lot of things at once while working with nLite (integrating Hotfixes, Addons etc.).

Here is my general suggestion for nLite newbies with an AHCI or RAID system:

Let nLite do nothing else than the integration of the textmode driver and the creation of the ISO file.

This way you will have the best chances to succeed with the later installation of the OS.

Regards

Fernando

Hi all, I downloaded the driver pack drivers and integrated them using driver base but that didn't work either - got a blue screen on a desktop PC and on the Samsung R519. I decided to install the driver pack drivers with Nlite (not all of them, just the most common ones like AMD, VIA, Intel and SIS. Tested the CD on a desktop PC with SIS chip, Acer with ICH9M chip and on the Samsung R519 and all seems to be in order.

Jen

Hi Jennifer,

I don't know why you want to create a Windows XP CD with a big variety of AHCI and RAID drivers from different chipset manufacturers, but I want to remind you, that it is strongly forbidden to use nLite for commercial purposes.

Only the private use of nLite is allowed.

Regards

Fernando

Hi Fernando,

The CD is for non commercial use, I do however enable the option in Nlite for the input of a "CD key / License key / Product ID" The reason I want to create such a CD is because I repair my family's and friends pc's / laptops and its too labour intensive to everytime manually install all the different drivers when installing Windows and I do not charge any money for these repairs. Credit to Dino Nuhagic for the creation of this GREAT tool!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have some good news! Decided to upgrade and got an ASUS m/b with G41 chipset (ICH7), its definitely faster than my old trusty P4, it was actually an unplanned upgrade, I only wanted to upgrade the m/b and still use the P4. Unfortunately this board seems to be incompatible with the P4 cpu so I had to fork out quite a lot of money for a new cpu as well - core2quad q8300 cpu. Guess it wil be my christmas present. XP installed flawlessly and also installed all required drivers, so everything worked by the time XP finished installing itself on my newish system. This m/b ia also DX10 ready - a nice little bonus I guess, but I use XP so its of no benefit to me lol. Will buy a new graphic card later, I have to use the onboard x4500 for now since my Nvidia GForce 5500FX doesn't fit in the new PCIex slot and also need a new SATA hard drive, but that will have to wait for another time, the upgrade cost a lot of money already. Well thats all news I have for now. Jen

Edited by JenniferArden

Hi Fernando :)

Thank you, it is a pleasure to work on it, its certainly not the fastest but its fast for enough for me. I can already see a very good improvement on performance in XP Pro SP3, do you think XP Pro X64 SP2 will be faster? In a month or three I will get an ASUS 512MB graphic card, I saw some at the shop where I bought the M/B. The 1GB is double the price. My previous processor lasted four years before I upgraded now. I think I will put it in my mothers pc, she has a P III 1.2GHz celeron, 1GB PC133 RAM, 8MB Trident Cyberblade onboard etc. It will be a nice improvement. I see you have a powerful system as well. What upgrades do you plan next?

Edited by JenniferArden

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, nice How-To, it helped me a lot! I've finally done it and made my XP running on my SSD thaks to you! But now i'm confrontet with a new problem: I wanted to get acces to the Internet and to my usb-media, so i decided to install my chipset-drivers as i'm used to. So I startet these one:"INF_allOS_9.1.2.1008_PV.exe". The installation worked properly and finished with the request for a restart. I did so. But my os didn't start up again and the whole Windowsinstallation could start again. Now my SSD has finished it's installation (I'm tiping from my HDD in IDE-mode). So what to do now? Did these drivers kill my AHCI, or what happened? My Mainboard is a "EVGA X58 SLI 132-BL-E758". Thanks in advance for your help! ps.: My English is not best, I hope you don't mind..

Edited by Schmiddy

it's a beautiful effort by fernando 1. :thumbup

I wanna ask how to integrate non-text mode sata ahci driver? Sometimes driver come in *.exe package.

The exe file cannot be extract in to *.ini or *.inf file. I have this experience when i was attempt to integrated ahci driver Netbook Acer Aspire One D255

@jangdini

The driver has to be extracted. Either post the link to the driver or use the one already made by Fernando.

Edit: I just found your model on the Acer website; the AHCI driver seems to be packed in a newer version of Install Shield. However, the important thing is that its version is 8.9.4.1004, and Fernando has a newer version 9.6.0.1014. So, if you're really insisting on getting the version from Acer's website, I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

Edited by Sp0iLedBrAt