Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Hi,

First off all i want to thank Fernando, You have been a great help honestly :thumbup i created about 15 images for my intel G35 board [ich8] none of them worked but thank god about time i looked at your post and it resolved my problem.

Now the only issue is my usb ports are not working i was wondering if you have any suggestion. :unsure:

Thanks again

Ash

:thumbup

@ ashhanlove:

Wecome at MSFN Forums!

First off all i want to thank Fernando, You have been a great help honestly :thumbup i created about 15 images for my intel G35 board [ich8] none of them worked but thank god about time i looked at your post and it resolved my problem.
I am pleased, that my guide was a help for you.
Now the only issue is my usb ports are not working i was wondering if you have any suggestion. :unsure:
Install the Intel chipset drivers ("INF Update Utility"), which you get here.

Good luck!

Fernando

"a ) For Intel ICH7R/M, ICH8R/M, ICH9R/M or ICH10R/D S-ATA AHCI and RAID Controllers"

Can be installed when I'm running windows?(by right clicking the inf file and selecting install)

Why do you want to do that? Are you running your Windows in RAID or AHCI Mode?
Instead can I Instal this:

Intell Matrix storage manager

That would make more sense, because thisway you will get the actual Intel AHCI/RAID drivers and the actual Intel Matrix Storage Console v8.8.

I want Just to update the already installed drivers in an older version of nlited XP. Does this (Intell Matrix storage manager)update all of ICH7R/M, ICH8R/M, ICH9R/M or ICH10R/D controllers?

Also I'm trying to find the rar or zip file for this step:

Use the other options of nLite, if you want. It is a good idea to additionally integrate the Intel INF files drivers named Intel® Chipset Device Software as normal device (=PnP) driver. You can download the actual INF drivers here.

Tip: Download the actual package named "Update INF Utility - Zip Format" and unzip it with a tool like WinRar or 7-Zip. The INF files (needed for the chipset driver integration) are within the folder named "All". You can take any of them (nLite will copy them all).

Edit: I've installed the exe package, this one that it is on your url, while I was trying to get the ALL folder and I copied the files from temp folder . It is the folder ALL that it is extracted on C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Temp\IPMx2. Is this right? Can I integrate them along with these drivers: "a ) For Intel ICH7R/M, ICH8R/M, ICH9R/M or ICH10R/D S-ATA AHCI and RAID Controllers"

Can you help me?

Edited by stsaerox

I want Just to update the already installed drivers in an older version of nlited XP. Does this (Intell Matrix storage manager)update all of ICH7R/M, ICH8R/M, ICH9R/M or ICH10R/D controllers?
Yes.
Also I'm trying to find the rar or zip file for this step:
Use the other options of nLite, if you want. It is a good idea to additionally integrate the Intel INF files drivers named Intel® Chipset Device Software as normal device (=PnP) driver. You can download the actual INF drivers here.

Tip: Download the actual package named "Update INF Utility - Zip Format" and unzip it with a tool like WinRar or 7-Zip. The INF files (needed for the chipset driver integration) are within the folder named "All". You can take any of them (nLite will copy them all).

If you download the package named "Update INF Utility - Zip Format" you will get a ZIP file, which can easily be unzipped by any tool like WinRAR, 7-Zip etc.

hi this guide is really good congratulations.

i have question well i have 5 pcs in my home all diferents (845 ,945 ,g35, g43 ) all intel mainboards without counting the pcs from my girlfriend(i think she loves me because i fixit always her pc's :( jeje) the thing is that i want to know if is posible or what kind of problem will i have if i integrate all de ahci sata drivers in one disk of xp because you know have 1 xp disk per machine isnt funny. the windows will choose the rigth ones for the right's mainboard??

thanks and sorry for my english jeje

@ ss4sgoku:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

the thing is that i want to know if is posible or what kind of problem will i have if i integrate all de ahci sata drivers in one disk of xp because you know have 1 xp disk per machine isnt funny. the windows will choose the rigth ones for the right's mainboard??
You should integrate just the 32bit original Intel textmode driver I have linked at a) within my guide. What you can do is to enable all listed AHCI and RAID Controllers, when you get the popup window while integrating the driver.

Windows Setup will not install any Controller, which is not present in the system.

Regards

Fernando

Edit: I've installed the exe package, this one that it is on your url, while I was trying to get the ALL folder and I copied the files from temp folder . It is the folder ALL that it is extracted on C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Local Settings\Temp\IPMx2. Is this right? Can I integrate them along with these drivers: "a ) For Intel ICH7R/M, ICH8R/M, ICH9R/M or ICH10R/D S-ATA AHCI and RAID Controllers"
Yes, you can integrate both drivers (Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver and Intel Chipset drivers) into the XP CD, but you have to integrate the Intel AHCI/RAID driver as TEXTMODE and the INF driver (content of the folder named "All") as PnP driver.

Contrary to the Intel AHCI/RAID driver the integration of the INF drivers are not really necessary for getting XP installed, but if they are integrated too, all Intel related system management devices are proper working from scratch.

Edited by Fernando 1

thanks for the answer that was really fast jeje

then i download that file and integrate this cool if i integrate the nforce drivers in the same disk will be a problem?

i was looking in google and i found a sata driver pack that have the intels nforce etc i was thinking if this will work too ?

if i integrate the sata drivers will i can install the windows in sata native mode (when i try to install windows in sata native mode i cant because the xp sp3 dont detect the hard drive)

if i integrate the nforce drivers in the same disk will be a problem?
I do not recommend that.

If you want to create a Windows XP CD with a big variety of textmode drivers, you should not use nLite, but the tool DriverPacks.

i was looking in google and i found a sata driver pack that have the intels nforce etc i was thinking if this will work too ?
It is probably the DriverPacks method, what you found.
if i integrate the sata drivers will i can install the windows in sata native mode
Yes, if you have integrated the suitable textmode driver. Before you are going to install XP with integrated textmode driver, you should enable "Native SATA Mode" (="AHCI Mode") within the BIOS.

Good luck!

Fernando

Hi, I followed the steps and using nLite integrated sata drivers and created an iso file. But when I try to burn this image onto a cd using nero or powerIso, I always seem to get an error

I've changed the write speed to the lowest possible but it always seems to fail.

I've even tried to burn directly from nLite but it still gives me an error

"Write failed!

Hardware Error "9216""

I've re tried to make the image file multiple times making sure that I'm following all the steps but it always fails.

Any suggestions? :blushing:

Edit: ah. i just checked to make sure the original XP iso is working by burning it on a disc and i got the same error. Mistake on my part for overlooking this. I'll repost if my problem gets resolved.

Edited by jslee26

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Fernando. It is remarkable at how long you have been faithfully maintaining this thread. Thank you for your generosity.

My apologies if my questions are not appropriate. I am very new to all of this. When I had trouble having my hard drive recognized, I searched and found this thread. My question now is, while I understand how to get my drive to be recognized and working properly, I do not understand what AHCI is (I tried google) and if I need it to function or not. In simple language, what are the benefits of AHCI?

Also, I am wondering if I can integrate textmode drivers for video, audio, modem and other devices? My (likely flawed) understanding is that textmode drivers are installed very early in the installation procedure and perhaps would prevent generic drivers being installed by pnp after the OS is installed. I have had a problem with multiple default monitors being installed and with my screen flashing, which it didn't do before I downgraded to xp. I believe I had only one monitor listed with Vista in Device Manager (I now have 5), and additional ones were added or removed automatically as I plugged in or unplugged additional external monitors. I also believe, but I'm not positive, that I had only one instance of my video adapter in Device Manager with my original factory install. Now I have two and I thought this might account for my screen flashing and being unstable at bootup. I have tried uninstalling extra devices but they keep coming back. So I was wondering, if I install the proper video drivers via your textmode method before generic/default drivers are installed, perhaps these issues would not occur? I know NOTHING about this stuff and so I acknowledge that this may be purely ridiculous and illogical. Please advise.

One last thing, since I have downgraded from Vista to XP Pro, my WLAN card is not recognized, and in fact the radio light is not on even though the bios and the hardware switch are both enabled. Could this be resolved by a driver? I have force fed the proper driver and it is marked with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager. It is like it does not exist at all. Perhaps it is the hardware that has failed?