Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

ive search on google and i found people with 0101 with ahci enable..
Ask the author of that post for the way he got his Intel ICH8 SATA Controller running in AHCI mode.
my jmicron controller is only for ide ,on sata i got bsod
Did you integrate the correct JMicron SATA AHCI Controller driver into the XP CD?

i used textmod drivers in a floppy.like the manual says...jmicron controller(in my case) is just for the ide devices.if i dont install the jmicron driver , my dvdrw ide doesnt work correctly.the guy with the 0101 ich8 successfull modded by having dual boot xp /linux

i used textmod drivers in a floppy.like the manual says...jmicron controller(in my case) is just for the ide devices.
And why does Everest show a JMicron JMB361 SATA-II AHCI Controller?
if i dont install the jmicron driver , my dvdrw ide doesnt work correctly.
Is your DVD drive IDE or SATA connected? If it is a SATA drive, you should connect it with an Intel SATA port.
the guy with the 0101 ich8 successfull modded by having dual boot xp /linux
You may try that.

the dvdrw is IDE, the everest shows the JMicron JMB361 SATA-II AHCI Controller because i have jmicron361 controller = ide/sata in bios,if i put disable , the dvdrw won`t show .

quote from wikipedia "IDE emulation in the BIOS settings if it's available (usually labelled COMPATIBILITY or ACPI)." acpi ?i have acpi but that stands for power management

fernando please look here http://ubcd4win.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10109

Edited by stefan7

the dvdrw is IDE, the everest shows the JMicron JMB361 SATA-II AHCI Controller because i have jmicron361 controller = ide/sata in bios,if i put disable , the dvdrw won`t show .
Ok, then you can forget the AHCI mode with your JMicron SATA ports.
quote from wikipedia "IDE emulation in the BIOS settings if it's available (usually labelled COMPATIBILITY or ACPI)." acpi ?i have acpi but that stands for power management
You are right. ACPI is an old power management feature, AHCI is a new SATA standard.
The topic of the link is the AHCI mode of the ATI SATA Controllers, whereas your problem is the AHCI mode of the Intel SATA Controllers.
but one other issue yet to be solved with is installing windos-xp on my latop(hp pavilion dv-6000).I haved tried slip-streamming with some sata drivers link in this forum.when am installing it complains about "no hard drive could be found on my system".pls,what could be the right driver for my system.
Welcome at MSFN Forums!

After having done a Google search I found out, that you have 2 options:

a ) Enter the BIOS and disable the "SATA Native Support" setting. Then you will be able to get XP installed onto your laptop without any problems.

b ) If you want to stay with the enabled "SATA Native Support", you probably have to integrate the nForce SATARAID and SATA_IDE driver of an appropriate nForce chipset driverpack. You may try the driverpack HP is offering here. If you don't know how to integrate the NVIDIA nForce RAID drivers, you may look into this guide.

Good luck!

Fernando

in device manager in primary ide channel (where the hdd is ) shows *PNP0600 which is Intel AHCI Controller ....you can see it in intel matrix driver txt...so again how do i install under ahci with intel?

in device manager in primary ide channel (where the hdd is ) shows *PNP0600 which is Intel AHCI Controller ....you can see it in intel matrix driver txt
Where?

Here is an excerpt of the readme.txt, which is within the actual Intel Matrix Storage Manager package:

The Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager is designed to provide 
functionality for the following Storage Controllers:
RAID Controllers:
- Intel(R) ICH8M-E/ICH9M-E SATA RAID Controller
- Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA RAID Controller
- Intel(R) ESB2 SATA RAID Controller
- Intel(R) ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller
- Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller

AHCI Controllers:
- Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH10R SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) EP80579 SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH8R/DH/DO SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ESB2 SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH7M/MDH SATA AHCI Controller
- Intel(R) ICH7R/DH SATA AHCI Controller

I don't see your Intel ICH8 Controller, which doesn't have an M or R behind the "ICH8".

so again how do i install under ahci with intel?
I don't know it. Furthermore I doubt, that you will be able to get it working even after having added the HardwareID's of your Controller to the INF and OEM files of the driver.

this is from an older matrix storage

; Copyright © 2003-06 Intel Corporation

; ****************************************************************************

; ** Filename: iaAHCI.INF

; ** Revision: Version 6.1.0.1002

; ** Date: 06/14/2006

; ** Abstract: Windows* INF File for Intel® Matrix Storage Manager Driver

[version]

CatalogFile=iaAHCI.cat

Signature="$WINDOWS NT$"

Class=hdc

ClassGuid={4D36E96A-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Provider=%INTEL%

DriverVer=06/14/2006,6.1.0.1002

[DestinationDirs]

DefaultDestDir = 12 ; DIRID_DRIVERS

CopyFullPort = 12;

[CopyFullPort]

iaStor.sys

[sourceDisksNames]

1 = %DiskName%,,,

[sourceDisksFiles]

iaStor.sys= 1

[ControlFlags]

;ExcludeFromSelect=PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106

;ExcludeFromSelect=PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106

;ExcludeFromSelect=PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106

;ExcludeFromSelect=PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106

;ExcludeFromSelect=PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106

;ExcludeFromSelect=PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106

[Manufacturer]

%INTEL%=INTEL_HDC,ntamd64

[iNTEL_HDC]

; ICH6R - 82801FR ®

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106

; ICH6M - 82801FBM (Mobile)

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_mobl_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106

; ICH7R/DH - 82801GR/GH

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106

; ICH7M

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_mobl_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106

; ESB2

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106

; ICH8R

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106

; ICH8

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106

[iNTEL_HDC.ntamd64]

; ICH6R - 82801FR ®

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106

; ICH7R/DH - 82801GR/GH

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106

; ICH7M

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_mobl_Inst,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106

; ESB2

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106

; ICH8R

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106

; ICH8

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106

;****************************************************

[iaStor_Inst]

AddReg = iaStor_Temp_parameters_AddReg

CopyFiles=CopyFullPort

[iaStor_Inst.HW]

AddReg = iaStorSecurity.AddReg

[iaStor_mobl_Inst.HW]

AddReg = iaStorSecurity.AddReg

[iaStorSecurity.AddReg]

HKR,,Security,,"D:P(A;;FA;;;SY)(A;;FA;;;BA)(A;;FRFW;;;BU)"

[iaStor_mobl_Inst]

AddReg = iaStor_Temp_parameters_AddReg

CopyFiles=CopyFullPort

[iaStor_Temp_parameters_AddReg]

[iaStor_Inst.Services]

AddService = iaStor, %SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%, iaStor_Service_Inst, iaStor_EventLog_Inst

[iaStor_mobl_Inst.Services]

AddService = iaStor, %SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE%, iaStor_mobl_Service_Inst, iaStor_EventLog_Inst

[iaStor_Service_Inst]

DisplayName = %*PNP0600.DeviceDesc%

ServiceType = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER%

StartType = %SERVICE_BOOT_START%

ErrorControl = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL%

ServiceBinary = %12%\iaStor.sys

LoadOrderGroup = SCSI Miniport

AddReg = iaStor_parameters_AddReg

[iaStor_mobl_Service_Inst]

DisplayName = %*PNP0600.DeviceDesc%

ServiceType = %SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER%

StartType = %SERVICE_BOOT_START%

ErrorControl = %SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL%

ServiceBinary = %12%\iaStor.sys

LoadOrderGroup = SCSI Miniport

AddReg = iaStor_mobl_parameters_AddReg

[iaStor_parameters_AddReg]

HKR,,Tag,%REG_DWORD%,25

HKR,Parameters,queuePriorityEnable,%REG_DWORD%,0

[iaStor_mobl_parameters_AddReg]

HKR,,Tag,%REG_DWORD%,25

HKR,Parameters,queuePriorityEnable,%REG_DWORD%,0

HKR,Parameters\Port0,%AN%,0x00010001,0

HKR,Parameters\Port0,%LPM%,0x00010001,1

HKR,Parameters\Port0,%LPMSTATE%,0x00010001,0

HKR,Parameters\Port0,%LPMDSTATE%,0x00010001,1

HKR,Parameters\Port0,%GTF%,0x00010001,1

HKR,Parameters\Port0,%DIPM%,0x00010001,1

HKR,Parameters\Port2,%AN%,0x00010001,0

HKR,Parameters\Port2,%LPM%,0x00010001,1

HKR,Parameters\Port2,%LPMSTATE%,0x00010001,0

HKR,Parameters\Port2,%LPMDSTATE%,0x00010001,1

HKR,Parameters\Port2,%GTF%,0x00010001,1

HKR,Parameters\Port2,%DIPM%,0x00010001,1

[iaStor_EventLog_Inst]

AddReg = iaStor_EventLog_AddReg

[iaStor_EventLog_AddReg]

HKR,,EventMessageFile,%REG_EXPAND_SZ%,"%SystemRoot%\System32\IoLogMsg.dll;%SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\iaStor.sys"

HKR,,TypesSupported,%REG_DWORD%,7

;********************************************************

[strings]

DiskName = "Intel Matrix storage Manager Driver"

*PNP0600.DeviceDesc = "Intel AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® 82801FBM SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® 82801GR/GH SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® 82801GBM SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® 631xESB/632xESB SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® ICH8R/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® ICH8/DO/DH SATA AHCI Controller"

INTEL="Intel"

AN="AN"

LPM="LPM"

LPMSTATE="LPMSTATE"

LPMDSTATE="LPMDSTATE"

GTF="GTF"

DIPM="DIPM"

;*******************************************

;Handy macro substitutions (non-localizable)

SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE = 0x00000002

SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER = 1

SERVICE_BOOT_START = 0

SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL = 1

REG_EXPAND_SZ = 0x00020000

REG_DWORD = 0x00010001

@ stefan7:

I don't see any entry, which may verify your statement, that the Intel ICH8 Controller of your board does support the AHCI features.

Fact is, that your Intel ICH8 SATA Controller is not supported by any official Intel textmode driver. I would be able to modify the INF and OEM files by adding the HardwareID's you have posted, but I am sure, that this wouldn't work. I told you already the reason why: The suffix "&CC_0106" is missing.

Please let us finish this useless discussion. This is a thread about how to integrate the Intel RAID/AHCI drivers, but in your case there are no suitable drivers available. If you should find them elsewhere, please let us know it.

Good luck!

Fernando

@ stefan7:

I don't see any entry, which may verify your statement, that the Intel ICH8 Controller of your board does support the AHCI features.

Fact is, that your Intel ICH8 SATA Controller is not supported by any official Intel textmode driver. I would be able to modify the INF and OEM files by adding the HardwareID's you have posted, but I am sure, that this wouldn't work. I told you already the reason why: The suffix "&CC_0106" is missing.

Please let us finish this useless discussion. This is a thread about how to integrate the Intel RAID/AHCI drivers, but in your case there are no suitable drivers available. If you should find them elsewhere, please let us know it.

Good luck!

Fernando

hello,

am new to this forum and so far i have gain alot.but one other issue yet to be solved with is installing windos-xp on my latop(hp pavilion dv-6000).I haved tried slip-streamming with some sata drivers link in this forum.when am installing it complains about "no hard drive could be found on my system".pls,what could be the right driver for my system.thanks.

but one other issue yet to be solved with is installing windos-xp on my latop(hp pavilion dv-6000).I haved tried slip-streamming with some sata drivers link in this forum.when am installing it complains about "no hard drive could be found on my system".pls,what could be the right driver for my system.thanks.
Your laptop has a NVIDIA nForce chipset and a NVIDIA Southbridge. So you will not be able to use the guide of this Intel textmode driver thread.

It is very easy to get Windows XP installed onto your laptop, if you do the following:

Enter the BIOS and disable the "SATA Native Support".

After having done it, you will be able to get Windows XP installed onto your laptop without the need of integrating/loading any textmode drivers. Once XP is up, you can install all the other missing hardware device drivers.

Good luck!

Fernando

but one other issue yet to be solved with is installing windos-xp on my latop(hp pavilion dv-6000).I haved tried slip-streamming with some sata drivers link in this forum.when am installing it complains about "no hard drive could be found on my system".pls,what could be the right driver for my system.thanks.
Your laptop has a NVIDIA nForce chipset and a NVIDIA Southbridge. So you will not be able to use the guide of this Intel textmode driver thread.

It is very easy to get Windows XP installed onto your laptop, if you do the following:

Enter the BIOS and disable the "SATA Native Support".

After having done it, you will be able to get Windows XP installed onto your laptop without the need of integrating/loading any textmode drivers. Once XP is up, you can install all the other missing hardware device drivers.

Good luck!

Fernando

hello,

With the kind of laptop i have no such settings in the BIOS,it's only sata mode no opetion to change it in the BIOS.thanks....

With the kind of laptop i have no such settings in the BIOS,it's only sata mode no opetion to change it in the BIOS.
Then disable the "SATA Mode" option (choose "No"). That means the same.

You not getting what am saying.there is no such option in the bios that is what i mean.hp pavilion dv-6000 this kind of laptop series does not come with ability to change the sata whatever.