Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

tried before..still can't do the setup...still locked at kdcom.dll can't loaded... :}
This issue has nothing to do with the integration of the Inteltextmode drivers.

Do a Google search for "kdcom.dll could not be loaded" and you will find some informations about the possible reasons and how to solve it.

Hey Fernando,

Thank you so much for detailing (and keeping current) this awesome workaround. This problem was a major headache for me and I greatly appreciate you explaining how to do this. The solution worked beautifully for me today on my Gateway laptop.

Sincerely,

ArizonaRunner

I made a working AHCI windows xp CD but after the installation I wonna do a Sysprep and make a WIM file of it it doesn't install the AHCI anymore on a deployed machine. Why is that?
I don't think, that you will be able to integrate the needed XP textmode drivers by using an XP WIM file.

Does anyone have luck to downgrade Vista to XP Pro on Pavilion dv4t-1000? I was able to install XP Pro SP2 after slipstream SATA driver, but I had a hard time finding all device drivers, esp IDT HD Audio Codec. I chatted w/ HP, but most of drivers they suggested didn't work. Officially HP doesn't support XP on this model. Just wondering if anyone succeeded.

Thanks in advance.

@ all users with an Intel chipset mainboard or laptop:

Recently (01/05/2009) Intel has released a brandnew version 8.7.0.1007 of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager and the included Intel AHCI and RAID drivers.

To make these actual textmode drivers v8.7.0.1007 available for you from scratch, I have just updated my guide (first post of this thread) and added download links to the new drivers.

Have fun!

Regards

Fernando

@ all users with an Intel chipset mainboard or laptop:Recently (01/05/2009) Intel has released a brandnew version 8.7.0.1007 of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager and the included Intel AHCI and RAID drivers.

Thanks for the update! I did not know about these and neither did DriverMax much to my surprise...

Did you by any chance also find an official Intel location for the 9.1.0.1012 Inf drivers? (I'll stay on 9.1.0.1007-Rev1 until somebody does)

is there any problem in integrating Intel's and nForce's SATA drivers into the same Windows XP source?
Probably not, but I do not recommend to integrate different textmode drivers into the same OS CD.

If you have 2 laptops/desktop computers with different chipsets, I would prepare 2 nLited CD's for them, each one with the integrated special textmode driver.

Hello! I SO hope this thread is still active, but it seems that way since the last update was 5 days ago!

I have tried every possible way to install XP using this guide, and been in contact with HP-support to get to know all info i need and so on.

When i try my windows-xp cd:s (there are different ones now.. since i have tried many SATA-drivers to be sure) everything is fine until the bootcd says "starting up windows" which results in a BSOD with the errormessage 0x0000007B. This message led me here in the first place.

I would appreciate any help on this matter, since I am soon actually considering using the pre-installed Vista (which describes how desperate I am right now).

My notebook is a HP Pavilion dv5-1115eo.

Thanks in advance!

@ Beddis:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Now to your problem:

The BSOD you get while trying to install Windows XP may be caused by your RAM sticks.

My suggestion:

1. Check your RAM by running the tool named memtest.

2. If your notebook has more than 3 GB of RAM, remove 1-2 RAM sticks and try the XP installation again. After having completed the OS installation you can reinsert the RAM sticks.

Good luck!

Fernando

@ Beddis:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Now to your problem:

The BSOD you get while trying to install Windows XP may be caused by your RAM sticks.

My suggestion:

1. Check your RAM by running the tool named memtest.

2. If your notebook has more than 3 GB of RAM, remove 1-2 RAM sticks and try the XP installation again. After having completed the OS installation you can reinsert the RAM sticks.

Good luck!

Fernando

Thanks for welcoming me!

1. I ran memtest, no errors there.

2. I have 3gb of ram, but removed one memorystick with 2gb of ram on it.

But i still get the BSOD when the windows-xp bootdisk says "starting up windows"..

Do you have any more ideas of what could be wrong?

1. I ran memtest, no errors there.

2. I have 3gb of ram, but removed one memorystick with 2gb of ram on it.

But i still get the BSOD when the windows-xp bootdisk says "starting up windows"..

Do you have any more ideas of what could be wrong?

Please give me some more informations:

1. Which textmode driver did you integrate into the XP CD?

2. Did you integrate anything more?

3. Has your SATA hdd been detected by Windows Setup?

4. Does your laptop have a SATA connected optical drive?