Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

I get a Blue Screen if Windows XP wants to load. If i turn in the BIOS AHCI off then it is workings.

I have downloaded the newest Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver and selected in nlite all Intel Controllers.

What could this problem be ?

The problem might be, that you didn't integrate the correct textmode driver.

The Intel textmode drivers do only work, if your mainboard/notebook has a Southbridge with an Intel ICH7-10 chipset.

Which mainboard/notebook are you using?

I have added all textmode drivers.
Why did you do that? Do you plan to install Operating Systems onto a lot of computers with different chipsets and hardware configuration?

It is not always a good idea to add as many textmode drivers as possible.

The better way is to add just the needed textmode driver, but in this case you must know the Southbridge chip vendor and the chip version of your mainboard.

Maybe it is not even possible to get XP running in a virtual box, if you are running the S-ATA ports in AHCI or RAID mode.

My advice:

Check the S-ATA Controller details, integrate the suitable driver and do a real OS install.

@ Outbreaker:

Why don't you just follow my guide (first post of this thread) and use the driver I have attached? By the way: That are the newest Intel textmode drivers.

If you want to choose another way, you should ask support where you got the drivers and/or INF files from.

I have used your driver because they are uptodate but i can use it with SATA/AHCI

The driver i posted are not the newest Intel drivers but this drivers working with SATA/AHCI i think because the .inf file modified.

My question is why does the original Intel driver not working with SATA/AHCI must i do a modifikation ?

My question is why does the original Intel driver not working with SATA/AHCI must i do a modifikation ?
Maybe the southbridge chip of your mainboard/notebook is not supported by the original Intel drivers.

That is why I asked for your mainboard/notebook details (vendor and product name) some posts ago.

I use VirtualBox to test it. If it even doesn't work on VirtualBox then it will be also not working on my PC.
Some drivers (the RAID ones for example) do not work in a virtual system. Maybe it's the same with the AHCI ones.

I repeat it once more: Which mainboard or notebook are you using?

Only by answering this question it is possible to give you any advice regarding the suitable textmode driver.

My LapTop has this Controler "Intel ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controler" & "Intel ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controler"

And i can also not disable AHCI in the BIOS so without working AHCI driver i am stuck.

Edited by Outbreaker

My LapTop has this Controler "Intel ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controler" & "Intel ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controler"

And i can also not disable AHCI in the BIOS so without working AHCI driver i am stuck.

Ok, so do the following:

1. Create a bootable XP CD with integrated Intel textmode driver by using nLite according to my guide (first post).

Notice:

a) Use a clean source and

B) Choose the 10th Controller entry named "Intel® ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller" when you get the Popup window with the listed Intel AHCI and RAID Controllers.

2. Put the fresh created CD into the CD drive of your notebook and boot off it.

3. After having loaded some files into the memory, Windows Setup will probably show the S-ATA connected hard disk drive, which is running in AHCI mode.

If Windows Setup should not detect the hdd, you should cancel the installation procedure at this point and report here. This test will be without any risk, because Windows Setup doesn't write anything onto the hdd of your notebook.

Good luck!

Fernando

Ok thx and what drivers i need for the VirtualBox it has the Controller: Intel 82371/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller" & "Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller"
Did Windows Setup detect your SATA hdd in reality by just integrating the driver with the Intel ICH8-M SATA AHCI Controller?

By the way: Once XP is up, you should install the Intel chipset drivers (="Update INF Utility") from here by running the installer.