Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

herbr

i guess there is a misunderstanding,

first of all, dont wait asus, it is not asus fault, it is intel fault. Some ICH8 chipsets provide ahci support, but in first days of tech. documents they were in unsupported list, with revised tech. support document they are now in ahci support list. But tech department in intel and driver department in intel work in different speeds. I waited one year for my board right drivers, so i made my drivers myself. :)

look post 34 here : http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2789&p=2, and post 37 and post 42

for 2820 and 2825 there is info here:

http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/specupdate/313057.pdf

**Desktop Non-AHCI and Non-RAID Mode1

**1. ICH8 contains two SATA devices (for Desktop Only). The SATA Device ID is dependant upon which

SATA mode is selected by BIOS and what RAID capabilities exist in the ICH8 component.

For a trial, put intel drivers in a diskette, during install of xp press F6 and use this diskette, and choose ich9 in the list :

if it works fine in installing xp than The process i provided will help you modify intel drivers capable of getting and installing ahci drivers of your chipset. So integrating this modified driver to your xp cd, you dont need to press F6.

Or maybe, fernando may make required changes and send you to make a trial

Or maybe i misunderstand whole situation wrongly, sorry if this is the case,

in anyway i hope these info helps.

Edited by Lancelot_Real

Lancelot_Real

Your process (in the first post) described something about "building" drivers. I don'e yet have a system to do that on. The system I have trouble sith is the one I would use.

Beyond that, I do Linux development (embedded boards, drivers and kernel bring-up). I have done some windows work, but I think the environments in Windows leaves a LOT to be desired. Just my opinion.

Please note everyone, Linux has NO problems with this board! I also have another Linux system built around a P5B-VM which is a development system for my embedde3d work. It also has the same chipset and works just fine with Linux.

I do want to use Win2k but am blocked by this problem.

Lancelot_Real, are you suggesting using ICH9 test mode install? Which version would you suggest?

I have altered the txtsetup.oem for several of the ICH8 versions but have had no success. That doesn't give me any confidence that I'm doing it right!

Herb

herbr

i dont know linux well, yep in my trials linux support for ahci is really better than windows (xp to vista :) ) but linux livecd's couldnt mount my raid0 disks automatically which i never had such a problem from the first day of my mainboard (thanks to bartpe and all PE) (last trial with linux was a month ago :))

well i installed my xp about a year ago (image backuped :) ),

a friend adviced me : "choose ich8r first on the list, and if this dont work choose ich9" , ich9 worked, at that time there was only 1 choice for ich9

simply, during setup, press F6, and make trials of choosing (use fernando's or official drivers in diskette), as our chipsets are different i cant say which one will work for you, mine worked when i choose ich9, one of them in list will work for you. But please report here the succeess (which one you choose worked)

Edit:

Your process (in the first post) described something about "building" drivers. I don'e yet have a system to do that on.

nope, this is not the case in fact, you already found out hwid with linux, next step is modify existent drivers

Edited by Lancelot_Real

herbr

ah i forgot, as you are trying to install windows 2000 (not xp), dont forget to integrate sp4 of win2k so you should have a win2ksp4 cd in trials.

Also my advices are for xpsp2 cd, which is really close/same to win2ksp4 cd about mass storage drivers, but i never install win2ksp4 to my board.

Shortly, if you have trouble please try to install xpsp2 first with diskette method i wrote before.

edit

i google fu around a lot, but couldnt find anybody reporting an issue with installing xp to asus p5-vm!

Edited by Lancelot_Real

I've tried to use this guide to attempt to allow me to use the F6 floppy method to install XP Pro on a new system.

Motherboard Asus P5b-vm se (has the ICH8 on board)

2 Gig OCZ DDR2 SDRAM (memtest passes OK)

Seagate 320 Gig SATA HD

When I attempt to install Win2k (just because I like it!), it detects the partitions I made using Partition Magic but fails to format the C: partition.

If you have read my guide, you will certainly heave seen this important information at the beginning:
Informations regarding the possibility and necessity of loading/integrating the Intel Controller drivers:
  • None of the Windows Operating Systems which were released before Windows 2000 (Windows 3.11, Windows 95/98 and Windows ME) do support the actual Intel SATA and RAID Controllers (no working textmode drivers available).
  • Even Windows 2000 does not really work with the actual Intel Controllers. There are some old Intel S-ATA drivers for Windows 2000, but they do not support the modern features AHCI (="Advanced Host Controller Interface") and RAID.

I wish that I helped.

I have a laptop hp and the O.S. is the XP Home Edition and wanted to install xp professional but that happens when I try to install it does not recognize the hdd, already created a CD with nlite and incorporated the drivers from Intel for my disc. when I try to install it again recognizes the disc (the controller intel for my disc are (intel® 82801gbm/ghm(ich7-m family) seria ata storage controller - 27c4) and makes all of the installation smoothly, but after you finish and do the reboot so that the screen appears the windows disappears and appears very quickly a blue screen and back to reboot. anyone can help me

Edited by BrunoJeronimo

I have a laptop hp and the O.S. is the XP Home Edition and wanted to install xp professional but that happens when I try to install it does not recognize the hdd, already created a CD with nlite and incorporated the drivers from Intel for my disc. when I try to install it again recognizes the disc (the controller intel for my disc are (intel® 82801gbm/ghm(ich7-m family) seria ata storage controller - 27c4) and makes all of the installation smoothly, but after you finish and do the reboot so that the screen appears the windows disappears and appears very quickly a blue screen and back to reboot.
Have you tried to boot in safe mode?

If this doesn't work too, choose the F8 option "No reboot at system failure" to see the error message.

Additional advice: Use a clean (untouched) source and let nLite just integrate the Intel textmode driver - no other drivers, no tweaks and no removals.

@ all owners of a computer with an Intel S-ATA or Raid system:

Many users with such system have problems, when they try to install Windows XP (32/64 bit) or Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit), because the Setup of these Operating Systems will not automaticly detect the hdd's, which are connected to the Intel S-ATA AHCI or Intel SATA RAID ports of the mainboard.

Furthermore the traditional F6/floppy method often fails due to bad floppy media or the lack of a floppy drive.

The easiest and safest solution is the integration of the Intel Controller drivers into a bootable 32/64bit XP or W2k3 CD by using a tool like nLite.

Here is the way how to do it:

Integration of the

Intel SATA AHCI or SATA RAID drivers

by using nLite

Guide for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit)

Last updated: 08/10/2008

Informations regarding the possibility and necessity of loading/integrating the Intel Controller drivers:

• None of the Windows Operating Systems which were released before Windows 2000 (Windows 3.11, Windows 95/98 and Windows ME) do support the actual Intel SATA and RAID Controllers (no working textmode drivers available).
  • Even Windows 2000 does not really work with the actual Intel Controllers. There are some old Intel S-ATA drivers for Windows 2000, but they do not support the modern features AHCI (="Advanced Host Controller Interface") and RAID.
  • The current versions of Windows XP (32/64bit) and Windows Server 2003 (32/64bit) are able to detect actual Intel S-ATA Controllers during the OS installation and will handle them as "normal" IDE Controllers, if the BIOS S-ATA settings are set to "IDE mode". In this case you don't need to load/integrate any Intel textmode drivers, but you have to abandon the features AHCI and RAID.
  • Users who are going to install XP or W2k3 and want to get advantage of the Intel S-ATA Controller features AHCI or RAID, have to enable them within BIOS prior to the OS installation and additionally have to integrate the appropriate Intel textmode drivers into the OS CD or to load them via F6/floppy during the installation. Otherwise Windows Setup will not detect the Intel S-ATA Controller connected hard disk drives.
  • According to Intel only the actual Intel S-ATA Controllers for Desktop PC's (ICH6R, ICH7R, ICH8R, ICH9R and ICH10R) and Mobile PC's (ICH6M, ICH7M, ICH8M and ICH9M) are fully supporting AHCI, but obviously it is possible to get the AHCI features even with some ICH7 Mobile and ICH8/ICH9 Desktop PC's (look here and here) and ICH9 chipsets. If you are not sure, look into your mainboard/laptop manual or ask the support of the mainboard/laptop manufacturer.

Preconditions for a successful integration of the Intel S-ATA AHCI/RAID drivers:

• The S-ATA hdd's have to be connected to the Intel S-ATA ports of the mainboard.
    Important: Many Intel chipset mainboards have Intel and JMicron S-ATA connectors. Before you continue with your preparations, you should check, if the S-ATA cables of your hdd's are really connected to the Intel ports. If you are using the JMicron S-ATA ports, you have to integrate/load the JMicron textmode drivers (you can get them here). Otherwise Windows Setup will not detect your S-ATA connected hdd(s) at all.
  • The mainboard BIOS should be up-to-date.
  • Very important are the correct BIOS settings regarding the wanted Intel S-ATA mode.
    These are the options:
    IDE Mode = no Intel textmode drivers necessary, but no AHCI/RAID available
    AHCI Mode = Intel SATA AHCI textmode driver necessary, no RAID available
    RAID Mode = Intel SATA RAID textmode driver necessary, RAID array must be created
  • The Power Management (ACPI) should be enabled within BIOS.
  • The source for the processing with nLite should be a clean (not modified) and error free OS CD.
  • Only for Intel RAID users: Before you are going to install the nLited OS onto an Intel RAID array, you should check, if the RAID has been correctly created and set as bootable by the "Intel Matrix Storage Manager Option ROM Utility". Furthermore the Intel RAID has to be set on the first place of the HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY within the mainboard BIOS.

1. Preparation:

What you need is the actual version of

1. nLite (you get it here) and
  2. the suitable (=extracted) Intel textmode drivers you want/need to integrate.
    The choice of the correct textmode driver depends mainly on the OS you are going to install, whereas the exact name of the Intel Controller of your mainboard is less important for the driver choice, because the actual "Intel Matrix Storage Manager" package v8.5.0.1032 dated 08/03/2008 (look here) is supporting all common INTEL ICH7-10 SATA AHCI and SATA RAID Controllers of all Intel chipset desktop and laptop mainboards (users with an Intel ICH5 or ICH6 SATA Controller have to use an older driver package).
    What you need for the later integration are the extracted necessary Intel S-ATA Controller drivers. Since the original Intel textmode driver packages have a big size and are not easy to extract, I recommend to download one of the small driver packages I have already prepared for integration purposes.
    a ) For Intel ICH7R/M, ICH8R/M, ICH9R/M or ICH10R/D S-ATA AHCI and RAID Controllers:
    • New: If you are going to install the 32bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you should download and unzip this already prepared actual 32bit Intel Controller driver package and unzip it. You will get just the needed 32bit Intel textmode drivers v8.5.0.1032 dated 07/20/2008.
    • New:Users, who want to install the 64bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, should download and unzip the latest 64bit Intel Controller driver package from here.

b ) Especially for desktop users with an Intel ICH8 or ICH9 (without R or M) chipset mainboard, who want to use AHCI:

• Intel ICH8/ICH9 S-ATA AHCI Controllers are not supported by any official Intel textmode drivers. Users with such chipset, who want to use the AHCI features nevertheless, may use a special driver package I have prepared with the help of Lancelot_Real (big thanks to him!). You can get it here. It contains the actual 32bit and 64bit Intel chipset drivers with modified INF and OEM files to make them compatible with originally not supported ICH8 and ICH9 chipsets.
    Attention:
    • Due to the modification these drivers have lost their WHQL certification. You may use them at own risk.
    • Please give me your feedback, if your Intel ICH8 or ICH9 Controller should not be supported by these modified drivers.
    • If you are going to integrate these modified drivers, you will get a slightly different popup window than shown below, because I have added the AHCI Controllers for ICH8 and ICH 9 chipsets. Nevetheless you will find the suitable Controller easily, if you search for the suffix "added by Fernando".

c ) For Intel ICH6M S-ATA AHCI Controllers:

• If you are going to install the 32bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you should download and unzip this already prepared 32bit Intel Controller driver package and unzip it.
  • Users, who want to install the 64bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, should download and unzip the latest 64bit Intel Controller driver package from here.

d ) For Intel ICH5R S-ATA RAID Controllers:

• Users with such sort of Controller have to take an older Intel Controller driver version, which I have additionally prepared and uploaded. You can get the suitable 32bit textmode driver version from here and the 64bit version from here.

e ) For Intel Server boards with Server RAID Technology:

• Users will find the suitable textmode drivers here.

Attention: Look into your mainboard manual, if your S-ATA hdd(s) are connected to any of the above mentioned Intel ICH5/6/7/8/9 ports. If your mainboard has an other (legacy type) Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controller, you should integrate the Intel AHCI/RAID driver you will find within your mainboard driver CD.

2. Processing with nLite:

1. Copy the content of the clean source CD (XP, XP x64, W2k3 or W2k3 x64) onto your hdd.
  2. Run nLite and point to the directory where you have copied the OS source.
  3. You can use all nLite options, but you have to use the tasks "Integrate Drivers" and "Create Bootable CD".
  4. When you come up to the task "Drivers", hit the "Insert" button, use the "Single driver" option and point to the content of the driver package you have downloaded and extracted at first step. Click onto one of the shown INF files (it doesn't matter which one).
  5. If you have integrated the actual Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers (supporting ICH7-10 Controllers) you will get the following "Storage Device Textmode Driver" popup window with a big variety of different Intel Controllers:
    At this point you have to decide, which Intel Controller(s) you want to get installed by clicking onto the suitable Controller(s).
    Important:
    a ) Make sure, that the "Textmode driver" Mode is enabled.
    b ) You can and maybe have to highlight more than 1 Controller.
    Have a look into your mainboard manual to find the exact name of your S-ATA Controller and search for it within the list.
    Click onto the Intel SATA Controller(s), which is/are suitable for your mainboard BIOS settings regarding the Intel S-ATA ports (SATA RAID or SATA AHCI), your mainboard chipset (ICH7, ICH8, ICH9 or ICH10) and your system ("Desktop"=PC, "Mobile"=Laptop, Server or Workstation).
    Tip:
    If you are not sure, which of the listed Controllers are the suitable one(s) for your chipset, enable all of them (Windows Setup will find and install the correct driver).
  6. Use the other options of nLite, if you want. It is a good idea to additionally integrate the Intel INF files drivers named Intel® Chipset Device Software as normal device (=PnP) driver. You can download the actual INF drivers here.
    Tip: Download the actual package named "Update INF Utility - Zip Format" and unzip it with a tool like WinRar or 7-Zip. The INF files (needed for the chipset driver integration) are within the folder named "All". You can take any of them (nLite will copy them all).
  7. Let nLite create the ISO file and burn it as bootable CD (Tip: To avoid any problems while writing the disk, you should burn at 8x).
  8. Have fun!

3. Additional advice for the later OS installation:

• Make sure, that the CD/DVD device where you want to boot off your nLited CD, is not connected to any of the Intel S-ATA ports. Optical drives generally have problems with the enabled AHCI or RAID mode.
    Solution: Connect the optical drive to another available S-ATA port (for example with JMicron Controller), which is running in IDE mode. Alternatively you may replace your S-ATA CD/DVD device by an IDE connected one.
  • Don't hit F6 and don't insert any driver floppy during the installation using the CD with integrated Intel Controller drivers. Otherwise Windows Setup won't find the drivers at all!
  • You might get a problem with the installation of a 32bit OS, if you are running your computer with 4 (or more) GB of RAM. It is a good idea to remove some RAM sticks while the installing procedure. Once the OS is up, you can reinsert the removed RAM sticks.

4. How to get access to the Intel Storage Manager Console:

• Once your OS is up, you will have full access to all partitions and files of your Intel RAID array, but you will not be able to run the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Console, because the program files are still missing.
    Solution:
    • Users with an Intel ICH7-10 chipset mainboard should download the complete Intel Storage Manager program v8.5.0.1032 from here and run it.
    • All other users have to install a suitable older version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. They will find it here.

Good luck!

Fernando

I_have_the_Compaq_Presario_v60.doc

@ all owners of a computer with an Intel S-ATA or Raid system:

Many users with such system have problems, when they try to install Windows XP (32/64 bit) or Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit), because the Setup of these Operating Systems will not automaticly detect the hdd's, which are connected to the Intel S-ATA AHCI or Intel SATA RAID ports of the mainboard.

Furthermore the traditional F6/floppy method often fails due to bad floppy media or the lack of a floppy drive.

The easiest and safest solution is the integration of the Intel Controller drivers into a bootable 32/64bit XP or W2k3 CD by using a tool like nLite.

Here is the way how to do it:

Integration of the

Intel SATA AHCI or SATA RAID drivers

by using nLite

Guide for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (32/64 bit)

Last updated: 08/10/2008

• The current versions of Windows XP (32/64bit) and Windows Server 2003 (32/64bit) are able to detect actual Intel S-ATA Controllers during the OS installation and will handle them as "normal" IDE Controllers, if the BIOS S-ATA settings are set to "IDE mode". In this case you don't need to load/integrate any Intel textmode drivers, but you have to abandon the features AHCI and RAID.
  • Users who are going to install XP or W2k3 and want to get advantage of the Intel S-ATA Controller features AHCI or RAID, have to enable them within BIOS prior to the OS installation and additionally have to integrate the appropriate Intel textmode drivers into the OS CD or to load them via F6/floppy during the installation. Otherwise Windows Setup will not detect the Intel S-ATA Controller connected hard disk drives.
  • According to Intel only the actual Intel S-ATA Controllers for Desktop PC's (ICH6R, ICH7R, ICH8R, ICH9R and ICH10R) and Mobile PC's (ICH6M, ICH7M, ICH8M and ICH9M) are fully supporting AHCI, but obviously it is possible to get the AHCI features even with some ICH7 Mobile and ICH8/ICH9 Desktop PC's (look here and here) and ICH9 chipsets. If you are not sure, look into your mainboard/laptop manual or ask the support of the mainboard/laptop manufacturer.

Preconditions for a successful integration of the Intel S-ATA AHCI/RAID drivers:

• The S-ATA hdd's have to be connected to the Intel S-ATA ports of the mainboard.
    Important: Many Intel chipset mainboards have Intel and JMicron S-ATA connectors. Before you continue with your preparations, you should check, if the S-ATA cables of your hdd's are really connected to the Intel ports. If you are using the JMicron S-ATA ports, you have to integrate/load the JMicron textmode drivers (you can get them here). Otherwise Windows Setup will not detect your S-ATA connected hdd(s) at all.
  • The mainboard BIOS should be up-to-date.
  • Very important are the correct BIOS settings regarding the wanted Intel S-ATA mode.
    These are the options:
    IDE Mode = no Intel textmode drivers necessary, but no AHCI/RAID available
    AHCI Mode = Intel SATA AHCI textmode driver necessary, no RAID available
    RAID Mode = Intel SATA RAID textmode driver necessary, RAID array must be created
  • The Power Management (ACPI) should be enabled within BIOS.
  • The source for the processing with nLite should be a clean (not modified) and error free OS CD.
  • Only for Intel RAID users: Before you are going to install the nLited OS onto an Intel RAID array, you should check, if the RAID has been correctly created and set as bootable by the "Intel Matrix Storage Manager Option ROM Utility". Furthermore the Intel RAID has to be set on the first place of the HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY within the mainboard BIOS.

1. Preparation:

What you need is the actual version of

1. nLite (you get it here) and
  2. the suitable (=extracted) Intel textmode drivers you want/need to integrate.
    The choice of the correct textmode driver depends mainly on the OS you are going to install, whereas the exact name of the Intel Controller of your mainboard is less important for the driver choice, because the actual "Intel Matrix Storage Manager" package v8.5.0.1032 dated 08/03/2008 (look here) is supporting all common INTEL ICH7-10 SATA AHCI and SATA RAID Controllers of all Intel chipset desktop and laptop mainboards (users with an Intel ICH5 or ICH6 SATA Controller have to use an older driver package).
    What you need for the later integration are the extracted necessary Intel S-ATA Controller drivers. Since the original Intel textmode driver packages have a big size and are not easy to extract, I recommend to download one of the small driver packages I have already prepared for integration purposes.
    a ) For Intel ICH7R/M, ICH8R/M, ICH9R/M or ICH10R/D S-ATA AHCI and RAID Controllers:
    • New: If you are going to install the 32bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you should download and unzip this already prepared actual 32bit Intel Controller driver package and unzip it. You will get just the needed 32bit Intel textmode drivers v8.5.0.1032 dated 07/20/2008.
    • New:Users, who want to install the 64bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, should download and unzip the latest 64bit Intel Controller driver package from here.

b ) Especially for desktop users with an Intel ICH8 or ICH9 (without R or M) chipset mainboard, who want to use AHCI:

• Intel ICH8/ICH9 S-ATA AHCI Controllers are not supported by any official Intel textmode drivers. Users with such chipset, who want to use the AHCI features nevertheless, may use a special driver package I have prepared with the help of Lancelot_Real (big thanks to him!). You can get it here. It contains the actual 32bit and 64bit Intel chipset drivers with modified INF and OEM files to make them compatible with originally not supported ICH8 and ICH9 chipsets.
    Attention:
    • Due to the modification these drivers have lost their WHQL certification. You may use them at own risk.
    • Please give me your feedback, if your Intel ICH8 or ICH9 Controller should not be supported by these modified drivers.
    • If you are going to integrate these modified drivers, you will get a slightly different popup window than shown below, because I have added the AHCI Controllers for ICH8 and ICH 9 chipsets. Nevetheless you will find the suitable Controller easily, if you search for the suffix "added by Fernando".

c ) For Intel ICH6M S-ATA AHCI Controllers:

• If you are going to install the 32bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you should download and unzip this already prepared 32bit Intel Controller driver package and unzip it.
  • Users, who want to install the 64bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, should download and unzip the latest 64bit Intel Controller driver package from here.

d ) For Intel ICH5R S-ATA RAID Controllers:

• Users with such sort of Controller have to take an older Intel Controller driver version, which I have additionally prepared and uploaded. You can get the suitable 32bit textmode driver version from here and the 64bit version from here.

e ) For Intel Server boards with Server RAID Technology:

• Users will find the suitable textmode drivers here.

Attention: Look into your mainboard manual, if your S-ATA hdd(s) are connected to any of the above mentioned Intel ICH5/6/7/8/9 ports. If your mainboard has an other (legacy type) Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controller, you should integrate the Intel AHCI/RAID driver you will find within your mainboard driver CD.

2. Processing with nLite:

1. Copy the content of the clean source CD (XP, XP x64, W2k3 or W2k3 x64) onto your hdd.
  2. Run nLite and point to the directory where you have copied the OS source.
  3. You can use all nLite options, but you have to use the tasks "Integrate Drivers" and "Create Bootable CD".
  4. When you come up to the task "Drivers", hit the "Insert" button, use the "Single driver" option and point to the content of the driver package you have downloaded and extracted at first step. Click onto one of the shown INF files (it doesn't matter which one).
  5. If you have integrated the actual Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers (supporting ICH7-10 Controllers) you will get the following "Storage Device Textmode Driver" popup window with a big variety of different Intel Controllers:
    At this point you have to decide, which Intel Controller(s) you want to get installed by clicking onto the suitable Controller(s).
    Important:
    a ) Make sure, that the "Textmode driver" Mode is enabled.
    b ) You can and maybe have to highlight more than 1 Controller.
    Have a look into your mainboard manual to find the exact name of your S-ATA Controller and search for it within the list.
    Click onto the Intel SATA Controller(s), which is/are suitable for your mainboard BIOS settings regarding the Intel S-ATA ports (SATA RAID or SATA AHCI), your mainboard chipset (ICH7, ICH8, ICH9 or ICH10) and your system ("Desktop"=PC, "Mobile"=Laptop, Server or Workstation).
    Tip:
    If you are not sure, which of the listed Controllers are the suitable one(s) for your chipset, enable all of them (Windows Setup will find and install the correct driver).
  6. Use the other options of nLite, if you want. It is a good idea to additionally integrate the Intel INF files drivers named Intel® Chipset Device Software as normal device (=PnP) driver. You can download the actual INF drivers here.
    Tip: Download the actual package named "Update INF Utility - Zip Format" and unzip it with a tool like WinRar or 7-Zip. The INF files (needed for the chipset driver integration) are within the folder named "All". You can take any of them (nLite will copy them all).
  7. Let nLite create the ISO file and burn it as bootable CD (Tip: To avoid any problems while writing the disk, you should burn at 8x).
  8. Have fun!

3. Additional advice for the later OS installation:

• Make sure, that the CD/DVD device where you want to boot off your nLited CD, is not connected to any of the Intel S-ATA ports. Optical drives generally have problems with the enabled AHCI or RAID mode.
    Solution: Connect the optical drive to another available S-ATA port (for example with JMicron Controller), which is running in IDE mode. Alternatively you may replace your S-ATA CD/DVD device by an IDE connected one.
  • Don't hit F6 and don't insert any driver floppy during the installation using the CD with integrated Intel Controller drivers. Otherwise Windows Setup won't find the drivers at all!
  • You might get a problem with the installation of a 32bit OS, if you are running your computer with 4 (or more) GB of RAM. It is a good idea to remove some RAM sticks while the installing procedure. Once the OS is up, you can reinsert the removed RAM sticks.

4. How to get access to the Intel Storage Manager Console:

• Once your OS is up, you will have full access to all partitions and files of your Intel RAID array, but you will not be able to run the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Console, because the program files are still missing.
    Solution:
    • Users with an Intel ICH7-10 chipset mainboard should download the complete Intel Storage Manager program v8.5.0.1032 from here and run it.
    • All other users have to install a suitable older version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. They will find it here.

Good luck!

Fernando

Hello

I slipstreamed xp x64 professional with whatever intel sata / raid 64 drivers I could find on the intel site for my chipset/mobo type but I am still getting the iaStor.sys blue screen error. For some reason iaStor.sys thinks that the drivers included on the slipstreamed cd are 32bit and therefore not compatible with the 64bit xp pro I am attempting to clean install. I already created a second partition a while back and managed to successfully install xp professional 32 bit version on it but no luck so far with the 64bit version. Since my pc is a dell xps 420 I still have windows vista home basic 32bit installed on the main partition. So far I've been trying to use the intel drivers that I found on here !on the intel site but since your link for the 64bit drivers is down I am guessing that the iaStor drivers I slipstreamed were not the correct ones.

My work pc

XPS 420

Q6600 @ 2.4

4 x 1Gb DDR2 800Mhz ram sticks

640Gb SATA hd of unknown manufacturer (probably WD)

Uncertain of the exact motherboard name but this is what CPUZ told me

Chipset: Intel X38 Rev. 00

SouthBridge: Intel 82801 IR (ICH9R)

I tried to use the drivers intel had on their site for the ICH9R but so far no sucess during install of xp pro x64.

Thank you in advance

Edited by LiquidReactor

* New: If you are going to install the 32bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you should download and unzip this already prepared actual 32bit Intel Controller driver package and unzip it. You will get just the needed 32bit Intel textmode drivers v8.5.0.1032 dated 07/20/2008.

* New:Users, who want to install the 64bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, should download and unzip the latest 64bit Intel Controller driver package from here.

those links dont work anymore and i need the 32 bit drivers. could you put another link to the drivers i need please

Edited by kyte01

I slipstreamed xp x64 professional with whatever intel sata / raid 64 drivers I could find on the intel site for my chipset/mobo type but I am still getting the iaStor.sys blue screen error.
Which was the exact message you got?
8.6.0.1007 available (for specific boards?)
Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize it earlier, because I didn't have internet access for a while.

* New: If you are going to install the 32bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, you should download and unzip this already prepared actual 32bit Intel Controller driver package and unzip it. You will get just the needed 32bit Intel textmode drivers v8.5.0.1032 dated 07/20/2008.

* New:Users, who want to install the 64bit version of Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, should download and unzip the latest 64bit Intel Controller driver package from here.

those links dont work anymore and i need the 32 bit drivers. could you put another link to the drivers i need please
Thanks for the information. I will update the links as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for the link to the brandnew 32/64bit Intel textmode drivers and the complete Intel Matrix Storage Manager pack v8.6.0.1007. I will add them to my guide (first post of this thread).

@ all users of my guide (first post of this thread):

Since Intel has released the version 8.6.0.1007 of their Intel Matrix Storage Manager, I have just updated my guide with the links to these brandnew Intel textmode drivers dated 10/12/2008.

Have fun!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1