Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Recently the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers v8.5.0.1032 have been digitally signed by Microsoft and now they are officially presented by Intel.

Thanks for notifying! They are indeed WHQL on my ICH10R now.

Any idea why they can only be found if one looks for a specific Intel board? The general download center still presents the old 8.2 files...

The same holds for the 9.0.0.1011 WHQL chipset drivers (which present themselves as 1005 and 1009 on my system :blink:).

Both have a "_PV" suffix in the filename. What would PV stand for?

Recently the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers v8.5.0.1032 have been digitally signed by Microsoft and now they are officially presented by Intel.

Thanks for notifying! They are indeed WHQL on my ICH10R now.

Any idea why they can only be found if one looks for a specific Intel board? The general download center still presents the old 8.2 files...

It will take some days until Intel has updated all their download websites.
Both have a "_PV" suffix in the filename. What would PV stand for?
AFAIK "PV" stands for "Production Version", which is something like "Final Version".

What are your experiences with these 8.5.0.1032 WHQL drivers?

I observe at least 3 problems on my PC:

1) the PC is temporarily locked when hot-plugging or unplugging an external eSATA drive

2) when hot-plugging, only the first (FAT) partition file system on that drive is recognized, NTFS on the other partitions is not

3) if the external SATA is plugged in before the PC is turned on, all partitions are recognized, but the drive regularly times out, locking up the entire PC (until I turn off the drive (and on again if I want))

This eSATA drive seems to work just fine under Linux, so the hardware seems to be OK.

I'm having a hard time to believe that the Intel SW for this HW is that immature...

What are your experiences with these 8.5.0.1032 WHQL drivers?
Since I have installed these drivers, my system is rock stable without any issue.

All my partitions have the NTFS file system and I don't have an external eSATA drive.

Fernando,

Just wanted to thank you for your guide. I created an XP SP3 disc with WMP11, IE7 and the Intel Sata and Raid drivers.

I installed it to a 2x1TB raid 0 system, and it installed perfectly. I didn't have to take out any ram (I have 4GB), and my SATA DVD drive worked fine.

I haven't had a single issue, and the system is rock solid.

Once again, thank you. :thumbup

• 4 weeks later...
If you don't want to use nlite what is the easiest way to add raid drivers?
Copy the 32/64bit textmode drivers onto a floppy disk, boot off the OS CD, hit F6 when prompted and load the floppy drivers.
Also how do you make sure you do this: Make sure, that the "Textmode driver" Mode is enabled.
Look onto the picture within my guide (first post). When the textmode driver integration pop-up window comes up, you can decide the Mode. You have 2 options:

1. "Regular PnP driver" and

2. "Textmode driver" (enabled per default).

The text "Make sure, that the "Textmode driver is enabled" means, that you should verify the default setting.

Using INTEL DG45ID Motherboard

How would I know if this board has JMicron S-ATA ports?

Used the Intel SATA drivers for For Intel ICH10R

Having downloaded that file and extracted contents

Started nLite Integrated Drivers and created ISO and then burned to Disc.

disc ran in VM but when I tried to install to new system stops after "Windows is now starting."

"A problem has been detected....

Check Hard drive to make sure it is properly configured....

corruption

STOP oxoooooo7b"

Ran out of time needed to have computer running so changed BIOS to IDE Mode.

Will get a second drive and try SATA latter

Any thoughts?

Suppose an update arrives and I want to install those drivers in place of (and not on top of) the current drivers. Is that possible? How?

Normally I would uninstall the device, boot in safe mode, remove all driver files related to the device and re-install the device. But I guess XP won't boot if the RAID driver is absent?

Suppose an update arrives and I want to install those drivers in place of (and not on top of) the current drivers. Is that possible? How?
Just run the EXE file of the complete actual Intel Matrix Storage Manager. Since all the files have the same names, the previous driver files will be overwritten. You won't get any residues.
Normally I would uninstall the device, boot in safe mode, remove all driver files related to the device and re-install the device. But I guess XP won't boot if the RAID driver is absent?
Yes, you should never try to uninstall the Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers unless you have already deleted the RAID array. Otherwise you won't be able to boot into your OS again.

Just run the EXE file of the complete actual Intel Matrix Storage Manager. Since all the files have the same names, the previous driver files will be overwritten. You won't get any residues.

Ah. So this way Windows will not make a backup of the old driver files first, and there is no rollback option in the (update) driver page? (clean; which is what I want)

Ah. So this way Windows will not make a backup of the old driver files first, and there is no rollback option in the (update) driver page? (clean; which is what I want)
The old OEMxx.INF file will remain within the WINDOWS\INF folder, but the drivers within the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS folder will be overwritten.

You have no other choice anyway.

HI, i'm new. :hello:

I have a P5B with ICH8 and i installed driver "8.5.0.1032 mod by fernando" simply with F6/floppy. HD is in AHCI mode...

It's OK! In recent months has always been so good! :thumbup Thank you!

Now I wanted to ask: It's necessary to install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager? No? if I try to install it gives me error.

Thank you and excuse me for my bad english!

I have a P5B with ICH8 and i installed driver "8.5.0.1032 mod by fernando" simply with F6/floppy. HD is in AHCI mode...

It's OK! In recent months has always been so good! :thumbup Thank you!

You are welcome. It's fine, that you succeeded getting the AHCI mode with your ICH8 chipset, which officially doesn't support AHCI.
Now I wanted to ask: It's necessary to install the Intel Matrix Storage Manager? No? if I try to install it gives me error.
You don't need and even will not be able to install the complete Intel Matrix Storage Manager application, because you don't use RAID.