Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

after that i forced myself to make a search again, an attt last i find the program i need.

"Mount Storage PE" from

http://www.kare-net.de/Plugins.htm

here is a summary what i did in BartPE for google searchers:

BartPE not assigning drive letters problem solution:

(I found the solultion from my problem; BartPE not assigning ICH8 ahci enabled disk , i think it will work for assigning drive letter for usb flash and usb externals disks too)

1) i put ahci driver from intel v7.8.0.1012 to driver folder.

2) i added lines to iaahci.inf as Fernando 1 wrote before. here are them:

; ICH8

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106

; ICH8

%PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106.DeviceDesc% = iaStor_Inst, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2824&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel® 82801HB SATA AHCI Controller"

3) i put hwpnp utility to BartPE (a plugin from Sherpya that searchs plug&play devices)

4) i put "Mount Storage PE"

5) i made a command file and put it on startup, here is what i wrote:

start /wait %SystemRoot%\system32\HWPnp.exe +all /log /p /d

start /wait %SystemRoot%\system32\MountStorPe.exe -h

6) I made a shortcut of this command line to bartpe in case of a need of pluging a new disk.

for regular users of assigning drive letter problems 3, 4, 5, 6th steps are enough. Step 1, 2 are solution for ICH8 82801HB.

Fine, that you have solved your problem and thanks for giving us a step-by-step description how you succeeded.

This will help other users with a similar problem.

CU

Fernando

Hi, I have followed this guide and after completing isntall (after reboot) I got blue screan error. It's saying that I should remove any newly installed hdd or hdd controller..

any ideas ?

You should give us some informations about your system (mainboard, chipset, sort of hdd's etc.) and what you have done.

• 2 weeks later...

Fernando 1

hey

Thanks ! grrrrr8 guide,but I have an old Gigabyte GA-8Ik1100(Rev2) motherboard with "ICH5R" 'INTEL® 82801ER SATA RAID CONTROLLER',well,uptill now,I have been installing the Sata drivers via 'F6' method during installation of windows. But now lately the 'Floppy Drive' gave up on me and its not possible to get the sata drivers installed by this method,so I thought it wud be grrrr8 to slipstream them into the installation Cd.

Well,now,all the files in download links provided by you and Intel 'Matrix Storage Driver' do not seem to include support for 'ICH5R',it all support for ICH6 and upwards.How and where,I can get 'Iastor' files supporting ICH5R.

However,I have even tried to extract them from the installation Disc provided with my Motherboard,but they only get extracted to a 'floppy' drive,which,I can't do.

Plz help me with this and either provide the Sata Raid drivers for ICH5R 'INTEL® 82801ER SATA RAID CONTROLLER' in extracted file or give me a link from where to download.

Secondly,guide me also how to extract the network LAN and Intel infinst_auto too chipset drivers ? Although I have tried,but after ectraction 'nlite' doesn't seem to detect them.

Thanks !

Have a nice day :rolleyes: l

zabardast_1

1a)

for ICH5R 'INTEL® 82801ER SATA RAID CONTROLLER' use drivers from here:

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/drivers/iastor.zip

and wait for "Fernando 1"'s reply, "Fernando 1"may have better solution for this situation.

(maybe addin line to inf file :rolleyes: )

1b)

In Bios, you can change your sata disk mode from ahci to ide (or compatible) before installing windows, so you wont need nlite or diskette. (for sata disk problem (in fact ahci enabled sata disk problem) i prefer this way). If u use raid and dont have diskette, you have to use nlite method. :thumbup

2)

network LAN should be easy, use the regular way to add your network LAN driver.

chipset drivers; "Fernando 1" may have better way than My method of addin chipset drivers, wait for his answer.

I hope i could help.

zabardast_1

1a)

for ICH5R 'INTEL® 82801ER SATA RAID CONTROLLER' use drivers from here:

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/drivers/iastor.zip

and wait for "Fernando 1"'s reply, "Fernando 1"may have better solution for this situation.

(maybe addin line to inf file :rolleyes: )

1b)

In Bios, you can change your sata disk mode from ahci to ide (or compatible) before installing windows, so you wont need nlite or diskette. (for sata disk problem (in fact ahci enabled sata disk problem) i prefer this way). If u use raid and dont have diskette, you have to use nlite method. :thumbup

2)

network LAN should be easy, use the regular way to add your network LAN driver.

chipset drivers; "Fernando 1" may have better way than My method of addin chipset drivers, wait for his answer.

I hope i could help.

Hey !

Thanks for your kind help,I really appreciate it,although , I had managed to extract the Sata drivers from the Intel 'iata55_enu.exe' package with using command line 'Command Prompt' way and did the same with for extraction of INF driver from 'infinst_autol.exe' and very comfortably integrated with nlite.Well,the integration of Network LAN driver was very simple method... :thumbup

But I appreciate your kind help and thanks for the download link for 'iastor.zip'

Yes ! I know about 'disabling sata controller' in the bios and installing on IDE, but wanted to get sata raid.

Have a nice day !

Thanks ! grrrrr8 guide,but I have an old Gigabyte GA-8Ik1100(Rev2) motherboard with "ICH5R" 'INTEL® 82801ER SATA RAID CONTROLLER',well,uptill now,I have been installing the Sata drivers via 'F6' method during installation of windows. But now lately the 'Floppy Drive' gave up on me and its not possible to get the sata drivers installed by this method,so I thought it wud be grrrr8 to slipstream them into the installation Cd.

Well,now,all the files in download links provided by you and Intel 'Matrix Storage Driver' do not seem to include support for 'ICH5R',it all support for ICH6 and upwards.How and where,I can get 'Iastor' files supporting ICH5R.

However,I have even tried to extract them from the installation Disc provided with my Motherboard,but they only get extracted to a 'floppy' drive,which,I can't do.

Plz help me with this and either provide the Sata Raid drivers for ICH5R 'INTEL® 82801ER SATA RAID CONTROLLER' in extracted file or give me a link from where to download.

Thanks for your post.

You are right - the recent INTEL Matrix Storage Manager package doesn't support ICH5R SATA RAID Controllers. To help future users with such RAID Controllers I have added a new download link to the already extracted "newest" ICH5R SATA RAID drivers dated 10/12/2005.

Secondly,guide me also how to extract the network LAN and Intel infinst_auto too chipset drivers ? Although I have tried,but after ectraction 'nlite' doesn't seem to detect them.
You obviously got them already installed.

Thanks for your request and thanks to Lancelot_Real for his help!

By the way: It would be no problem for me to add the HardwareID's of the INTEL ICH5R SATA RAID Controllers into the newest Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers packages, but by doing this the drivers would loose their WHQL stamps for all users. That is why I have uploaded the original WHQL signed ICH5R RAID drivers separately.

CU

Fernando

Fernando

Hey ! :hello:

Thanks m8 for the reply and updating the first post and download links,which now include a complete range for Intel Sata raid drivers package,now you don't have to search for the required driver anywhere else.it had certainly made the job easy :thumbup

Well,as an info,I wud ask for your advise,if it'll be advisable to integrate all the Intel Sata raid drivers in the winxp source,so that,when ever you replace your motherboard,you don't have to integrate the specified driver again. I ask as I'm going to update my system soon. Infact,wud it be possible for you to build a package of all the Sata raid drivers for all the raid controllers like Promise,Gigabyte,Intel.....etc..etc,and integrate once for all.

Have a nice day ! :whistle:

Fernando

Hey ! :hello:

Thanks m8 for the reply and updating the first post and download links,which now include a complete range for Intel Sata raid drivers package,now you don't have to search for the required driver anywhere else.it had certainly made the job easy :thumbup

It makes me happy, when I can help others.
Well,as an info,I wud ask for your advise,if it'll be advisable to integrate all the Intel Sata raid drivers in the winxp source,so that,when ever you replace your motherboard,you don't have to integrate the specified driver again. I ask as I'm going to update my system soon.
This should be no problem at all (unless you change from a 32bit OS to a 64bit OS), because all actual Intel S-ATA Controllers are using exactly the same driver named IASTOR.SYS and the same information files. All you have to do is enabling all Controllers during the Intel textmode driver integration.
Infact,wud it be possible for you to build a package of all the Sata raid drivers for all the raid controllers like Promise, Gigabyte, Intel.....etc..etc, and integrate once for all.
It would be possible, but I wouldn't do that.

Reason: Users want the newest/best drivers and a small sized OS CD. Both things are not possible by creating and integrating an AIO textmode driver package.

1. It would take a lot of time to search and to collect the actual textmode drivers of all storage controller chips, that ever have been manufactured. As soon as you have them all together, you have to start again from scratch, because there are already new ones out.

2. An AIO textmode driver package would have a big size, which has to be integrated into the OS CD/DVD, although each user will only need just 1 single driver of this big package.

Have a nice day too!

Fernando

Is it possible to integrate both NVIDIA and Intel Raid drivers into a CD? My gut feeling is that it is, but I want to check first.

Also, would there be any additional special steps required beyond following the above-mentioned SATA RAID guides?

Is it possible to integrate both NVIDIA and Intel Raid drivers into a CD?
Yes.
Also, would there be any additional special steps required beyond following the above-mentioned SATA RAID guides?
No.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@ all owners of a computer with an Intel S-ATA or Raid system:

Today I read your article on the forum for the first time. I envy your knowledge, and thanks for the good info. :thumbup I have a Fujitsu, with frik-fraking VISTA :angry: on it, and want to install XP Pro; 1st as a 2nd OS, and if that's successful, I'll just totally remove VISTA. I have Intel ICH7 SATA requirements on the Fujitsu, and I think I'm ready to attempt nLite modification of my Factory XP SP1 Installation CD. I have a question about the modified CD. After the new Installation CD is modified to include:

1) the SATA Drivers

2) SP2

3) some other drivers, which are too new for the XP SP1 CD to contain

4) my personalized features/components of Windows...,

is that finished CD still good on other computers with any non-SATA driver requirements?

Another question (well, 4 more actually)...

During nLite useage, why do we sometimes use "PnP" Drivers, and other times use "Textmode" Drivers? Aren't ALL[/size] devices now-a-days PnP?. Which leads to another question -- when, during the XP Installation process, are "Textmode" drivers installed, and when are "PnP" drivers installed? How do we, as End-Users modifying Installation CD's, make the determination of which type of drivers are required?

thanx, guinea