Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

I think this what I need for AHCI, however they do not write 2000 support, the XP is the oldest. Will the XP AHCI working with 2000?

It seems possible, but I am not sure.

Your problem will be anyway, that you obviously do not know the exact name resp. DeviceID of the on-board Intel AHCI Controller. So you may have to guess it while integrating the AHCI driver into the Windows 2000 image or while loading the textmode driver via F6.

So is good if I simply select all the drivers and integrate them?

The screenshot shows all Intel SATA Controllers, which are supported by the integrated textmode driver. but the Windows 2000/XP Setup at the beginning of the OS installation (before the first reboot) is not able to find out the suitable one for your system (see my last post). That is why it is not a good idea to highlight all listed Controllers.

You can minimize the risk of getting a BSOD while doing the OS installation, when you just highlight the Controllers with the word "AHCI" within their name.

• 1 month later...

Hello Fernando,

I am using asus zenbook prime ux32la with window 8.1 but i wanted to install window xp on it . but now i am facing problems installation window xp. It always showing blue screen . I have tried to use the driver that was share but am unable to install it. Please assist. I am using window xp sp 3 with nlite.

Have check mine is the Intel 8 series sata ahci family controller

hardware id

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_15DD1043&REV_04

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&SUBSYS_15DD1043

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_010601

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106

maybe i missout something to include inside

asus zenbook prime ux32la with window 8.1 but i wanted to install window xp on it

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106

http://www.win-raid.com/t317f23-Intel-Series-C.html#msg4210

The best suitable Intel AHCI driver for the installation of Windows XP onto an Intel 8-Series chipset system is the "Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" and the correct Controller for your system would have been the "Intel® 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller DEV_9C03 (added by Fernando)". With this Intel SATA AHCI Controller your Windows XP should run fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Fernando,

I found this page by searching for answers to my XP install problem. I've purchased a Dell XPS 8700 with Windows 8 64bit on it. It has an i7- 4770 CPU @3.40GHz in it.  I'm trying to install XP Pro 32bit on a secondary hard drive that I've installed on it. I need XP to run some old software that won't run on anything after XP. I've tried virtual box but it was too sluggish to be useful.

Anyway, I enter the BIOS and switch it to Legacy Mode. I restart the PC and boot from my DVD Drive. Everything seems to go alright until the actual install begins. I get a ***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000). 

I've tried following your directions using nLite, but I could not even get that to work for me. I've copied my XP install disk to a new folder. I point nLite to that folder but it doesn't "see" anything in the folder. It just tells me, "'Make sure that the selected folder or drive contains the 'i386' or 'AMD64' directory and proper Windows installation files. nLite is for a pre-install environment only, meaning that it connot modify an exisitng Windows installation. An easy way is to insert your Windows installation CD and select your CD drive. Never copy the files directly to a partition root, create an empty folder first..' I'm using my XP Pro install disk. I know it works because I was able to use it on Virtual Box plus I've used it on a few of my machines over the last 4 years.. What could I be doing wrong? 

This is the controller info: Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

I'm hoping you can help. I'd appreciate any guidance you could give me.

Thank you for your time.

Best,
Samson

I've tried following your directions using nLite, but I could not even get that to work for me. I've copied my XP install disk to a new folder. I point nLite to that folder but it doesn't "see" anything in the folder. It just tells me, "'Make sure that the selected folder or drive contains the 'i386' or 'AMD64' directory and proper Windows installation files. nLite is for a pre-install environment only, meaning that it connot modify an exisitng Windows installation. An easy way is to insert your Windows installation CD and select your CD drive. Never copy the files directly to a partition root, create an empty folder first..' I'm using my XP Pro install disk. I know it works because I was able to use it on Virtual Box plus I've used it on a few of my machines over the last 4 years.. What could I be doing wrong? 

Have you actually copied the WHOLE directry structures from CD (or .iso) to the folder on hard disk?

Like:

copy_cd_hdd.gif

jaclaz

I've tried following your directions using nLite, but I could not even get that to work for me. I've copied my XP install disk to a new folder. I point nLite to that folder but it doesn't "see" anything in the folder. It just tells me, "'Make sure that the selected folder or drive contains the 'i386' or 'AMD64' directory and proper Windows installation files. nLite is for a pre-install environment only, meaning that it connot modify an exisitng Windows installation. An easy way is to insert your Windows installation CD and select your CD drive. Never copy the files directly to a partition root, create an empty folder first..' I'm using my XP Pro install disk. I know it works because I was able to use it on Virtual Box plus I've used it on a few of my machines over the last 4 years.. What could I be doing wrong?

Have you actually copied the WHOLE directry structures from CD (or .iso) to the folder on hard disk?

Like:

copy_cd_hdd.gif

jaclaz

Hi,

Yes, I did. However, my install CD is a 9 in 1. Would that be the reason it isn't working?

Edited by samson1701

Yes, I did. However, my install CD is a 9 in 1. Would that be the reason it isn't working?

Sure it is.

Tools (and support for them) are about ORIGINAL CD/ISO's, not for *some WAREZ* that you got *somehow* :no:

In the remote case that you will start whining :w00t: about the fact that I cannot possibly know if you handcarved yourself the 9-in-1 yourself instead of dowloading a WAREZ, I know because if you had done that, you would also have the original.

And yes :yes: , the "the dog ate my original CD, and I only have this 9-in-1 left" has already been heard before.  :whistle:

Seriously, now, get an original CD (which will work at first try) or find some other place to get assistance/support, here it is expressly forbidden, see #1.a:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Sure it is.

Tools (and support for them) are about ORIGINAL CD/ISO's, not for *some WAREZ* that you got *somehow* :no:

In the remote case that you will start whining :w00t: about the fact that I cannot possibly know if you handcarved yourself the 9-in-1 yourself instead of dowloading a WAREZ, I know because if you had done that, you would also have the original.

And yes :yes: , the "the dog ate my original CD, and I only have this 9-in-1 left" has already been heard before. :whistle:

Seriously, now, get an original CD (which will work at first try) or find some other place to get assistance/support, here it is expressly forbidden, see #1.a:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

jaclaz

Whoa ... I did not WAREZ anything. I bought this CD legitimately from a local PC builder who used to fix my old Dell. My product key for the install is legitimate. As a content creator myself, I do not use WAREZed software. I bought my install CD honestly and in good faith. I was assured that what I was buying was a legal install copy of the OS and I've never had any reason to question that assertion. The product key registers with Microsoft without any issues. I bought it to upgrade from XP Media Center to Pro. It's never given me an ounce of trouble in all of the times I've had to do re-installs over the years. I've received my automatic updates from Microsoft without issue. I have no reason to doubt that the copy of Windows XP Pro that I use is genuine.

You should not accuse someone of being dishonest without at least asking a few questions about where or how that person obtained the OS/software/content in question.

Edited by samson1701

Good :), so you are in good faith (which is good :yes:) and you were tricked into buying a 9-in-1 by your local PC dealer :(. (this still accounts for the "that you got *somehow*")

Rest assured that MS (nor DELL) produce or sell 9-in-1's, and the original CD's are "printed" (not "burned") and have usually a hologram.

There are also around "fakes" that attempt to replicate the "look and feel" of the original :ph34r:, see as an example:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m.whybrow/The%20fake%20Windows%20XP%20problemFrame1Source1.htm

But a "fake" 9-in-1? :w00t:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

And just because "My product key for the install is legitimate. ... The product key registers with Microsoft without any issues.", does not mean the CD you are using is genuine. Unfortunately for you, we here at MSFN, can not help you with your problem unless your install source and key are both genuine.

Cheers and Regards