Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

I used nlite to integrate the drivers and created the ISO. I used Novicorp WinToFlash, Flashboot to create a bootable USB and installed XP but when it boots it keeps restarting.

XP USB install is not supported by manufacturer. This adds another level of complexity.

Describe more detailed: how do you installed XP?

Did textmode find a hard disk? Did textmode copy files to hard disk?

Do you get a error message? Remember to press F8 to disable automatic restart.

And try a install from a real CD too.

Hi,

I've booted off the flash drive went through the text mode(it saw the HDD) then GUI and when it was supposed to start Windows I saw the start animation and then the PC rebooted itself.

I couldn't install it this way so I tried installing from a cd, with the exact same outcome.

Next step, I disabled AHCI and used IDE in BIOS and install XP from the CD which worked. Now I have to dig to find drivers since XP is not supported anymore by ASUS.

Thanks,

T.

I've booted off the flash drive went through the text mode(it saw the HDD) then GUI and when it was supposed to start Windows I saw the start animation and then the PC rebooted itself.

I couldn't install it this way so I tried installing from a cd, with the exact same outcome.

Which Intel SATA Controller did you check, when you got the textmode driver popup window while integrating the modded "Universal 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006"?

It should have been just 1 of them named "Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)".

Next step, I disabled AHCI and used IDE in BIOS and install XP from the CD which worked. Now I have to dig to find drivers since XP is not supported anymore by ASUS.

You may be able to switch from IDE to AHCI mode by

1. forcing the installation of the modded "Universal 32bit Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 from within the Device Manager by using the "Have Disk" option,
  2. entering the BIOS while rebooting and
  3. setting the Intel SATA Controller to "AHCI".

At next reboot you should be able to boot into XP in AHCI mode.

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi Fernando,

I checked 4 drivers (don't know why they are doubled):

Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)
Intel® 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)

I would like to redo the driver inclusion with nlite, can you advise if I should select both "Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)" ?

Best wishes,

T.

I checked 4 drivers (don't know why they are doubled):

I would like to redo the driver inclusion with nlite, can you advise if I should select both "Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)" ?

You are absolutely right: The Controller names, which were given by Intel, are absolutely irritating and even misleading, especially regarding the listed Intel AHCI Controllers for the upcoming 9-Series Chipsets, which have been named by Intel like the 8-Series ones..

To avoid any future problems for users with an Intel 8-Series Chipset I just have changed the Controller names within the TXTSETUP.OEM and iaAHCI.inf INF files of my modded "Universal Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006" packages.

Here is the old list with the HardwareIDs and the names of the Intel SATA AHCI Controllers for Intel Chipsets from 7-Series up (the names were given by Intel):

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"

And this is how the related part is looking now:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 9 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc    = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)"

AFAIK your in use Intel AHCI Controller has the DeviceID DEV_8C02 (can be verified from within the Device Manager by doing a right click onto the Controller > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs").

If I am right, the correct Intel SATA AHCI Controller name for your H81 Chipset Desktop mainboard would have been the first listed "Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)", which now has been renamed by me to "Intel® 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family Desktop SATA AHCI Controller (added by Fernando)".

I've followed your advice and switch from IDE to AHCI using your modified drivers and now my XP works like a charm !

I am glad, that you succeeded this way. Thanks for your feedback!

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi, Fernando!

I'm getting "Please update your browser", even for Opera 12.16!, from the hostsites you use. :crazy:

Could you please upload to Filedropper or the like, even if just temporarily, and post a link for your latest mod driver?

TIA.

Could you please upload to Filedropper or the like, even if just temporarily, and post a link for your latest mod driver?

TIA.

Here are additional links to the modded Intel RST drivers v11.2.0.1006:

>Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando<

>Universal 64bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando<

>Universal Intel Drivers & Software Set v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando<

Hoping, that they will work....

Regards

Fernando

EDIT: To avoid to get an additional downloader you should hit the button "Herunterladen" and then "Kostenlos herunterladen".

Edited by Fernando 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Fernando, I'm having the same issues as the user tirigliu 2 months ago, but I can't make it work manually either (converting from IDE to AHCI), before I had slipstreamed the drivers without success too.

My ID's are different from what you mentioned, I'm on Z87 chipset, they are: 8C08 and 8C00. Are they right?
When I rebooted it skipped the BIOS screen and went directly to the "Windows didn't load correctly" screen. I then reset and enter BIOS, does it need to be right away?

I'm going to keep trying a few times, by the way the 8 series entries are still doubled, maybe that's the reason?

Thank you!

My ID's are different from what you mentioned, I'm on Z87 chipset, they are: 8C08 and 8C00. Are they right?

When I rebooted it skipped the BIOS screen and went directly to the "Windows didn't load correctly" screen. I then reset and enter BIOS, does it need to be right away?

DEV_8C08 and DEV_8C00 are no valid DeviceIDs of any Intel SATA Controller running in AHCI mode.

Please open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section of the Device Manager and post the names of the listed SATA Controllers.

Thanks for the prompt response Fernando. I finally installed AHCI manually, I didn't pay attention and was installing the same ATA drivers over again. They were (in ATA) 8C00 and 8C08, now in AHCI it is 8C02, is this correct?

Here is a screenshot, there is only one entry...
eoev.png

What I take from this (I've been a few days battling on this issue) is that neither tirigliu or me managed to install XP with the slipstreamed AHCI, maybe something changed that prevents slipstreaming (an issue with nlite?) or install fail.

Thanks for the prompt response Fernando. I finally installed AHCI manually, I didn't pay attention and was installing the same ATA drivers over again. They were (in ATA) 8C00 and 8C08, now in AHCI it is 8C02, is this correct?

Yes, that is correct and everything seems to be fine now.

I don't have any idea why the nLite integration failed. Maybe you have checked too many or the wrong Intel SATA Controller during the textmode driver integration.

Have fun with your Windows XP running in AHCI mode!

Fernando

• 2 months later...
Hello everyone. Sorry for my english.

Also I have the problem of xp drivers. I can not find the correct ones for my system. (intel core i5 2320- Msi z68MA_ED55(B3) ).

In Device Manager I read:

1) Intel® 6 Series/c200 Series Chipset Family 2 port Serial ATA storage controller - 1c08

2) Intel® 6 Series/c200 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA storage controller - 1c00

Id hardware:

1) PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C08&SUBSYS_76761462&REV_05

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C08&SUBSYS_76761462

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C08&CC_010185

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C08&CC_0101

2) PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C08&SUBSYS_76761462&REV_05

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C08&SUBSYS_76761462

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C08&CC_01018A

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C08&CC_0101

Some of your may work?

Thanks.

Edited by misterx7777

I think it should be Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL (choose 32-bit or 64-bit depending on what XP you have) on Fernando's site found in the link in the first post of this thread.

I have Z68 board and that's it. Check whether you have enabled AHCI mode in BIOS.

*Edit: DEV_1C08 isn't present in the original .inf from Intel, so probably it won't work. Modified .inf might be needed. Look around Fernando's forum and ask there or here if someone can modify the .inf for you. Fernando provides a modified driver where other devices are added, but 1C08 isn't present there either.

It should be very easy job for someone who has done it (I haven't :blushing: ).

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi