Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

Atm I don't have any DVD/CD-ROM.. So you have any other solutions to the slow installation?
Try it once more from scratch with the USB stick, but this time remove the stick during the first reboot.

Hey, but the first process takes hours to finish.. When copying files, it's at 15% after about 1 hour..

I read somewhere that I should format the stick to FAT16, but this didn't work since my USB is 32GB, and the FAT limit is 4GB.. Even when I got it to FAT16, I just got the KBDUS.DLL error because of some read-only things, tried removing read-only on all the files on the USB, but still didnt work.. (Windows is not able to read the Keyboard layout file).

So right now I'm just gonna try to wait for the install to be done. If you have any other methods that will speed the file copying up, it would be great!

Thanks again Fernando!

Hey, but the first process takes hours to finish.. When copying files, it's at 15% after about 1 hour.
Take another USB stick or change the USB port.
I read somewhere that I should format the stick to FAT16, but this didn't work since my USB is 32GB, and the FAT limit is 4GB..
It is ok, if you format the stick with FAT32.

Hey, but the first process takes hours to finish.. When copying files, it's at 15% after about 1 hour.
Take another USB stick or change the USB port.
I read somewhere that I should format the stick to FAT16, but this didn't work since my USB is 32GB, and the FAT limit is 4GB..

Hi, I tried another USB stick, and FAT32, but it's still extremely slow.

Anyways, I got through the Copying files procedure, and now it's telling me I'm missing ntoskrnl.exe, and I'm guessing it's because I have multiple partitions on the Hard drive. You have any solutions for this problem?

Thanks again Fernando! :thumbup

Anyways, I got through the Copying files procedure, and now it's telling me I'm missing ntoskrnl.exe, and I'm guessing it's because I have multiple partitions on the Hard drive. You have any solutions for this problem?
Look >here<.

There is a section "Install Windows from USB" http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/157-install-windows-from-usb/

There are different approaches to create a XP install USB stick.

Yes, using FAT32 is very slow at certain circumstances, and fast at other circumstances.

Try another approch to prepare the USB stick.

I have a big problem. I added the raid drivers for my motherboard with nlite, but drivers are being not loaded or not recognized when I press F6 to load the installation of windows. I also created a floppy with the drivers and have tried to load by pressing F6 but nothing appeared. My motherboard is an ASUS P8Z77-V LX, CORE I7 3770M, 500GB HD SEAGATE BARRACUDA.

Please help me.

Edited by dom779

@ dom779:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

I have a big problem. I added the raid drivers for my motherboard with nlite, but drivers are being not loaded or not recognized when I press F6 to load the installation of windows.
If you have integrated any textmode driver, you should not press F6 when prompted by the XP Setup. You can either load a textmode driver with the F6/floppy method or integrate it into a Windows XP CD. Never try both methods at once!
I also created a floppy with the drivers and have tried to load by pressing F6 but nothing appeared. My motherboard is an ASUS P8Z77-V LX
1. Which Intel textmode driver version did you load by F6 or did you integrate into the XP CD? For your Intel 7-series chipset I recommend to take >this< driver.

2. Which Controller did you select? The correct one for your Z77 system is the "Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller".

Regards

Fernando

you have integrated any textmode driver, you should not press F6 when prompted by the XP Setup. You can either load a textmode driver with the F6/floppy method or integrate it into a Windows XP CD. Never try both methods at once!

I have tried to do both procedures separately and did not get success. I have the correct drivers. I did the nlite integration and when you put the installation CD, the following error happens: INF FILE LINE \ I386 \ TXTSETUPE.SIF is INVALID. The SETUP CAN NOT CONTINUE ....

I vefifiquei line error. The error is in the section

[sCSI.Load]

usbstor "# - = Mitsumi iaStor.sys, 4

I also created a floppy with the drivers and have tried to load by pressing F6 but nothing appeared. My motherboard is an ASUS P8Z77-V LX[

1. Which Intel textmode driver version did you load by F6 or did you integrate into the XP CD? For your Intel 7-series chipset I recommend to take >this< driver.

2. Which Controller did you select? The correct one for your Z77 system is the "Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller".

You're right, my chipset is an Intel Z77, and my controller should be an "Intel ® Desktop / Workstation / Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller"

Thank you,

Givaldo, Dom779

I did the nlite integration and when you put the installation CD, the following error happens: INF FILE LINE \ I386 \ TXTSETUPE.SIF is INVALID. The SETUP CAN NOT CONTINUE ....

I vefifiquei line error. The error is in the section

[sCSI.Load]

usbstor "# - = Mitsumi iaStor.sys, 4

Questions:

1. Are you booting the XP installation medium off a CD or off an USB flash drive?

2. Did you integrate more than the needed Intel textmode driver?

3. What sort of XP CD (OEM/SB/Retail/VLK) did you use as source for the nLite processing? Is it an original MS one with hologram or has it already been processed before??

Edited by Fernando 1

Questions:

1. Are you booting the XP installation medium off a CD or off an USB flash drive?

Eu estou tentando instalar pelo CD.

Eu adiconeis somente os Controllers RAID:

- Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller

- Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller

- Intel® ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller

- Intel® ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller

3. What sort of XP CD (OEM/SB/Retail/VLK) did you use as source for the nLite processing? Is it an original MS one with hologram or has it already been processed before?

I'm trying to install Windows Server 2003 32bit, and it probably has already been processed before.

Eu adiconeis somente os Controllers RAID:

- Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller

- Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller

- Intel® ICH7MDH SATA RAID Controller

- Intel® ICH7R/DH SATA RAID Controller

It was not a good idea to check all these different RAID Controllers, if you know the correct one.

By the way:

Are you really sure, that the Intel SATA Controller has been set to "RAID" mode within the BIOS? If yes, why have you done it? That wouldn't make much sense with a single 500 GB HDD.

If you want to get the OS installed in "AHCI" mode, none of the Controllers, which were checked by you, were correct.

I'm trying to install Windows Server 2003 32bit, and it probably has already been processed before.
Then you probably can forget a fresh installation of the OS in RAID or AHCI mode.

Where is your original W2k3 source? Are you the owner of a legal W2k3 key? If yes, where did you get it?

I also tried to add only the driver would I use in my case the "Intel ® Desktop / Workstation / Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller" but got no success, the same previous error ocurred, But in another different line.

By the way:?

?

Are you really sure, that the Intel SATA Controller has been set to "RAID" mode within the BIOS? If yes, why have you done it?

Yes, i'm sure. I changed the BIOS setting AHCI to RAID . I figured I could add a HDD later, for this reason I decided to install the RAID driver.

Where is your original W2k3 source? Are you the owner of a legal W2k3 key? If yes, where did you get it?

The W2k3 is not original, I have no license. would be possible to add these drivers to the UNATTED.TXT? If yes, how to proceed?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the great article.

But I'm kinda stuck:

I got a untouched Windows XP x64 SP2 disc and followed this guide line by line and I still can't manage to detect my SATA AHCI HDD at Windows XP Install Program.

I'm on a Dell XPS 15 (L502X) Laptop, I downloaded CPU-Z and according to it my SATA controller is a HM67, which means it's a Intel 6-Series controller (acordingo to this)

Here's the report from CPU-Z:

cpuzb.png

I've already verified that my BIOS is at last version.

What can it possible be the problem?

@ avelinocr:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

Questions:

1. Which Intel textmode driver (name and version) did you integrate?
  2. Which Controller did you enable, when you got the nlite textmode driver popup window?

Regards

Fernando