Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

As we share the same motherboard, what port are you using for your XP drive, and which drivers did you use?
I don't have an XP drive, because I am running Win7 x64.

Please give us some informations about your system (mainboard, hdds/SSDs).

As we share the same motherboard, what port are you using for your XP drive, and which drivers did you use?
I don't have an XP drive, because I am running Win7 x64.

Please give us some informations about your system (mainboard, hdds/SSDs).

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K

Mainboard: ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3

Memory: G.Skill 4 x 4 GB (16GB)

GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 (Black Edition)

HD #1 (The one which I want XP on): 160GB Seagate 2.5" SATA drive - ST916082

HD #2 (Currently running Win7 64): Western Digital 1TB - WD10EAVS-00D7B1

Hope this helps you finding my problem!

@ eROM:

Thanks for the system details.

Here is my advice:

1. Make sure, that the hdd, whis is designed for the XP x64 installation, is connected with one of the Intel (and not with one of the Marvell) SATA Ports.

2. Make sure, that the Intel SATA Controller has been set to AHCI mode within the BIOS.

3. Just integrate the actual 64bit Intel textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL, highlight the listed "Intel® Desktop Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller", let nLite create the ISO file and get the bootable image onto a CD or USB stick.

4. Unplug the Western Digital HDD.

5. Boot off the XP CD/USB stick with integrated 64bit Intel AHCI driver.

6. Once XP x64 is installed, you can reconnect the WD HDD and choose the OS you want to boot by using F8 at startup.

Good luck!

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi Fernando

I am busy preparing and customizing Windows XP x64. I need AHCI text drivers from the major manufacturers (Intel, AMD, NVidia, SiS, VIA), however it will be impossible to go to each manufacturer's website and search for the correct drivers, previously with XP x32 I used "DriverPacks" I went to the DriverPacks website to download driver packs for XP x64 but there is only a x32 version available. Do you know of a website where I can download AHCI text driver collections for the major manufacturers for XP x64?

I appreciate your time and remain hopeful.

Jennifer

Hello Fernando,

I Install WinXP Professional 32-bit on the ASUS X54C i3-2330M and

I want to use AHCI instead of IDE. In order to do this I need to find a driver for:

VEN_8086 & DEV_1C01

Intel ® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C01

Intel ® 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 1C09

I've seen that in case of the same driver users downloaded some drivers from Intel website:

http://downloadcente...t.aspx?lang=eng

but all my attempts to select the appropriate device failed

(I'm not familiar enough with this subject and didn't find an appropriate options combination).

The only drive which I found is for Intel chipset, but it didn't help.

PS

As far as I understand I need a file like iaAHCI.inf with VEN_8086 & DEV_1C01

inside of it.

Maybe you (or anybody) can help to find this driver?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by atztek

@ JenniferArden:

Hello Jennifer,

AFAIK there is no 64bit AHCI textmode driver collection available. The reason may be, that XP x64 has never been very popular.

Furthermore the XP x64 installation onto an actual AHCI system may fail with a BSOD, if you integate a big variety of different AHCI textmode drivers from different chipset manufacturers.

That is why I always recommend to integrate just the single textmode driver, which suits the on-board AHCI or RAID Controller.

By the way: You can find the download links to many actual AHCI/RAID drivers for Windows XP x64 within the start post of >this< German Forum thread (look into the chapter beginning with the word "Links ..."!).

@ atztek:

Welcome at MSFN Forums!

Now to your question:

Your ASUS laptop has an Intel 6-series chipset. So if you want to prepare a Windows XP CD with integrated Intel AHCI driver, you should

1. download the 32bit Intel RST textode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL, which I have linked within the start post of this thread,
  2. integrate the unzipped driver by pointig to the file iaAHCI.inf and
  3. highlight the listed "Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller", when you get the textmode driver popup window.

As far as I understand I need a file like iaAHCI.inf with VEN_8086 & DEV_1C01 inside of it.
No, DEV_1C01 is the DeviceID of your laptop's Intel SATA Controller running in IDE mode. What you need is the support of the DeviceID DEV_1C03 = "Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller".

Kind regards

Fernando

Fernando, maybe you can help me.

I bought a computer Portégé Z835-P330 and I'm trying to install Windows XP on it. I downloaded the SATA driver on the Toshiba site. First, I tried to integrate this driver with the program nLite. Now, I'm trying an F6 install with floppy drive, but, when I go to specify additional device, I get a message saying the file TXTSETUP.OEM could not be found.

Toshiba Portégé Z835-P330 Ultrabook Specifications & Features:

Processor Intel® Core i3 2367M Processor

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Chipset Intel® QS67 Express Chipset

Graphics Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000

Memory 4GB DDR3 1333 MHz DRAM

Display 13.3" 16:9 (1366x768) HD TruBrite LED Backlight

Storage Toshiba 128GB SG2 mSATA 3Gbps SSD

Edited by ZEqNkuT

@ ZEqNkuT:

Welcome at MSFN Forum!

Why don't you just follow my guide (= start post of this thread) and integrate the linked "32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL"?

Tip:

If you are still able to run Win7 with your laptop, open the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller" and - if applicable - the "Storage Controllers" section of the Device Manager. Which are the exact names of the listed SATA Controllers (besides the "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller")?

This may help to find the SATA Controller details (AHCI/RAID) of your laptop.

Regards

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

Hi all,

I would like to report back on my project of XP x64:

I have finished customizing XP after a week of working day and night, XP now feature a modern visual style, improved logon UI, custom msgina.dll, shell32.dll etc, loads of drivers and updates (IE8, MP11 and post SP2 updates)

XP is now running perfectly and very fast (much faster than XP x86) on my acer Aspire 7740G laptop. Even hibernation is very fast with 5GB RAM. It is a pleasure to work on my laptop now. If anyone would like the customized visual style for x86 and x64 it is available at no cost.

Jennifer

Fernando,

On the "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" appear only two drivers:

"Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" and

"Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller".

Nothing else.

Thanks for the force.

Edited by ZEqNkuT

On the "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" appear only two drivers:

"Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" and

"Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller".

So that means, that you can integrate the actual 32bit Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL according to my guide.

When you get the textmode driver popup windows and are asked, which SATA Controller shall be supported, just choose the listed "Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" .

Then everything will be fine with the later XP installation.

Regards

Fernando

Fernando,

I've tried everything, I'm trying for a month, but can not in any way.

---

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Windows-Vista-Windows-XP/Windows-XP-on-Portege-Z835-P330/td-p/307886

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=266981

---

There must be some trick to install Windows XP on Z835.

What I did was basically the following, the last time I tried:

I joined your driver with nLite using a clean Windows XP CD; then, I recorded the system with its built-in driver in flash memory, using FlashBoot 2.1s. The XP installation starts normally, but it is interrupted at a given time: the BSOD appears, accusing the 0x7B error.

Nor is realized with the FDD F6 install: the message that appears is of the txtsetup.oem file is not found.

Cheers, thanks for listening.