Integration of Intel's SATA AHCI and RAID drivers

Fernando 1

@ htmjakob:

eROM's troubles have nothing to do with your probem, which you have posted within >this< thread. The "import" button you get after the start of nLite is just for loading a previous nLite setting, which is absolutely not recommended, if you just want to integrate a Service Pack and a suitable AHCI/RAID driver into a Windows XP (32/64bit) CD.

Alright, so I tried a completely untouched XP 64 CD, slipstreamed the intel drivers, got 07B BSOD, tried slipstreaming SP3 in to see if it fixed it, but no luck, still getting the BSOD :-(
If you want help, you should give us some informations about

1. your system (vendor and name of the mainboard or pc),

2. the SATA driver version you have integrated and

3. the SATA Controller you have selected during the integration process.

1. MB: P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3, Intel Z68 motherboard

2. I tried the ones you provided in your post for "Intel ICH7R/M, ICH9M, ICH10R/D, 5 Series or 6-Series Southbridge AHCI or RAID system:", and the ones provided on Asus homepage, "Marvell SATA 6G Driver V1.2.0.1006 for Windows 32/64bit XP.(WHQL)", also I tried the "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver Software V10.6.0.1002" from Asus' homepage as well.

3. I tred everyone, but also read somewhere to try only the Workstation AHCI controller, but that didn't work either..

Edit/PS: I always use a fresh copy of XP 64-bits, when trying different drivers etc..

Edited by eROM

@ eROM:

This is what I recommend to do:

1. Make sure, that your system drive (the SSD/hdd, where you want to install Xp x64) is connected with an Intel SATA port (and not with a Marvell one).

2. Start the nLite procedure from scratch (with a fresh copy of the original XP x64 CD).

3. Integrate just the Service Pack 2 (if not already included) and >this< 64bit Intel RST driver (it's the newest) and no other driver.

4. When you get the Textmode Driver popup, just enable the listed "Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" (and nothing else).

5. Let nLite build the ISO file and create a bootable XP x64 medium (CD or USB stick).

6. Boot off the XP x64 medium and install the OS.

Good luck!

Fernando

@ eROM:

This is what I recommend to do:

1. Make sure, that your system drive (the SSD/hdd, where you want to install Xp x64) is connected with an Intel SATA port (and not with a Marvell one).

2. Start the nLite procedure from scratch (with a fresh copy of the original XP x64 CD).

3. Integrate just the Service Pack 2 (if not already included) and >this< 64bit Intel RST driver (it's the newest) and no other driver.

4. When you get the Textmode Driver popup, just enable the listed "Intel® Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" (and nothing else).

5. Let nLite build the ISO file and create a bootable XP x64 medium (CD or USB stick).

6. Boot off the XP x64 medium and install the OS.

Good luck!

Fernando

For point #5, should I make the ISO, extract, and use WinToFlash to make it work on a USB, or can I simply extract the ISO file into my USB stick, and it will be ready to go?

Thanks a lot for all your help, I am currently building the nLite version with the driver you provided. Will reply with results in a bit.

For point #5, should I make the ISO, extract, and use WinToFlash to make it work on a USB, or can I simply extract the ISO file into my USB stick, and it will be ready to go?
Probably not. The USB stick has to be prepared for being bootable. I prefer the freeware tool HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. You can get it >here<.

Probably not. The USB stick has to be prepared for being bootable. I prefer the freeware tool HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool. You can get it >here<.

But the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool can't make the USB bootable though, or am I completely off right now?

Edit: And what tool should I use to make the USB bootable, if I can't use the HP Format Tool. Besides WinToFlash of course..

Edited by eROM

But the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool can't make the USB bootable though
I am not sure about that.
Edit: And what tool should I use to make the USB bootable, if I can't use the HP Format Tool. Besides WinToFlash of course.
You may take the WinToFlash tool. My favorite USB tool is the "Win7 USB/DVD Download Tool" from Microsoft, which should work for XP (32/64bit) too. For further informations please look >here<.

Hello, Fernando 1 Thank you for your clarification. Intergrating a SATA - AHCI driver into my XP installation CD is my goal in order to be able to continue with XP in a newer laptop fitted with an Intel® 6 series/c 200 series chipset family 6 port SATA AHCI controller 1C03. The fact that the multi-bar option screen nor the "insert" screen do not appear at all, but the one with the "import" button, seems to indicate that there is something wrong with my program/setup, although I have not been able to even guess what it might be. Thank you again.

The fact that the multi-bar option screen nor the "insert" screen do not appear at all, but the one with the "import" button, seems to indicate that there is something wrong with my program/setup, although I have not been able to even guess what it might be.
Your nLite program is ok. Just hit the "Next" button, then you will get the nLite options.

Thank you again, Fernando, for your reply of 27 June. With your advice I have succeeded one or two steps further, but then was advised that Windows had experienced a problem and was forced to close the program. My steps had been: In the multi-choice screen I had selected to integrate a driver and to create a bootable ISO file. In the insert screen I had inserted iaAHCI from a file f6flpy-x86 (I am working in XP Prof 32 bit that I intend to install into a laptop carrying an "Intel® 6 Series /C 200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller 1c03" with a current driver in the Win 7 configuration "msahci.sys".) From the menu of Intel chipset contollers I ha selected the "5 Series 6 port" as the 6 series was not shown. When it came to the screen "start activity" I was advised of the problem Windows had encountered.

I had tried again, but using the driver v11.2.0.1000 WHQL recommended early on in your write-up with the result of being advised that such a driver did not exist, although I had tried various names that had shown up, (32 bit Intel RST AHCI & RAID - 32 bit Intel RT textmode driver v11.2.0. 1000 WHQL), but to no avail. I resorted back to iaAHCI, bur used the "Intel Mobile Express...". version of controller, as this version had been installed in an earlier laptop of the same manufacturer. But this time the progrm did not even go as far as before with the Series 5 controller version as Windows advised again of having encountered a problem and requested an error report to be sent to Microsoft. Perhaps you are able to guide me further, I am not far from giving up. Thank you.

@ hmtjakob:

You obviously have integrated a suitable driver for your laptop, but chosen the wrong Controller during the nLite integration process. Since your laptop has an Intel 6-Series chipset, you have to check the "Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller" and not any 5-Series Controller.

Please start the nLite processing again by copying the content of the original XP CD onto your hdd. Don't import or load any Last_Session.ini of a previous nLite session. Just integrate the 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL and highlight only the listed "Intel® Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller", when you get the nLite textmode driver popup window.

If you shold get any merror message, please post it.

Regards

Fernando.

Hey Fernando, I am still getting a BSOD when trying to install XP. Same BSOD as before, the 07B one... Any other suggestions? I have tried what you have said, even tried the Windows 7 USB tool, but no success.

I am still getting a BSOD when trying to install XP. Same BSOD as before, the 07B one... Any other suggestions?
The reason for the 07B BSOD is most likely a wrong textmode driver or a wrong SATA AHCI/RAID Controller selection, when you got the textmode driver popup window.

Here are my advices:

1. Make sure, that your OS source is really a clean original=untouched XP x64 one (with an AMD64 directory and without a WINNT.SIF file!) and that you haven't imported any Last_Session.ini at the beginning of the nLite processing.

2. Check the SATA BIOS settings and the SATA port, where your system HDD/SSD drive is connected. The active partition (= the HDD/SSD with the Master Boot Record) has to be connected with an Intel SATA port, which has to be set to AHCI mode within the mainboard BIOS.

Regards

Fernando

Hello again, Fernando 1. And thank you for yesterday`s advice. I have now succeeded to integrate a SATA driver into my XP CD, to burn an ISO XP CD and to install the XP OS on my laptop that came with Win 7 64 bit installed and hence with an Intel RST chipset controller. Now I am able to continue working with XP installed in the new laptop. Thank you again for your assistance and patience.

I am still getting a BSOD when trying to install XP. Same BSOD as before, the 07B one... Any other suggestions?
The reason for the 07B BSOD is most likely a wrong textmode driver or a wrong SATA AHCI/RAID Controller selection, when you got the textmode driver popup window.

Here are my advices:

1. Make sure, that your OS source is really a clean original=untouched XP x64 one (with an AMD64 directory and without a WINNT.SIF file!) and that you haven't imported any Last_Session.ini at the beginning of the nLite processing.

2. Check the SATA BIOS settings and the SATA port, where your system HDD/SSD drive is connected. The active partition (= the HDD/SSD with the Master Boot Record) has to be connected with an Intel SATA port, which has to be set to AHCI mode within the mainboard BIOS.

Regards

Fernando

I tried this several times, with several sata ports, but no luck.. As we share the same motherboard, what port are you using for your XP drive, and which drivers did you use? -- My last try was the 6 gb/s sata ports..

Thanks again for the great help!!

Edited by eROM