kinematic computers

lingk

so I'm wondering how many people would buy a notebook with a push push screen. Push push is where you push down on it and it opens on it's own, and you push it again to close it.

or a desktop where you push a button and the sides open up so you don't have to unscrew them.

i have desktop cases which have the screwless hdds and cdrom i dunno about pushless though, taking a big risk of the latch wearing out...then you are fecked

you would be surprised. where i work we make kinematic cup holders and storage bins for cars, we have to make sure that the last at least 10 years.

I'm just wondering what kind of market there is in the computer world, being bored at work and all.

so I'm wondering how many people would buy a notebook with a push push screen. Push push is where you push down on it and it opens on it's own, and you push it again to close it.

or a desktop where you push a button and the sides open up so you don't have to unscrew them.

I'm sure there are people who get into their towers fairly regularly but most of us will only get into them a few times in the computer's lifetime for placing/replacing components or cleaning, so the extra cost for the convenience might not be worth it. But then again, for those of us who keep a flashlight at the ready to go diving 'under the hood' might find it quite convenient.

Push push laptops sounds like a bad idea. Laptops are mobile and will get squeezed regularly like inside a bag or carrying case when placed against anything and will definitely get squeezed if you carry it under your arm with anything else like books. That is all you would need is to have the laptop opening up when your hands are full and you are trying to put your books and stuff down or go to pull it out of it's carrying case. If you put a latch on it to avoid that, then things are getting redundant. Just looking at things practically. For all I know they may already exist.

DL