Graphics

ronmanp

Hi,

I have a Sapphire x1900xtx and I was wondering if there was a official bios for it. I can't find it anywhere, im not looking to overclock it, i just want to know if I can update the bios (with the official one) to make it work better.

you mean you want the reference ATI bios? the original one made by ATI? i really doubt you'll see any speed increase. most likely you'll see speed decrease since sapphire likely bumped up the clock speeds, and those settings are saved in the bios. of course i'm not an expert though... are you having any specific problems with the card that could be because of the bios or are you trying to make your card perform better?

thanks, my graphic card is working fine I though that updating it could make it work better :)... I a bit scared of overclocking it coz I dont have much experience with OC.

anyway ill leave it the way it is !

thanks,

I a bit scared of overclocking it coz I dont have much experience with OC.

LOL. And you want to flash the bios instead?

If you do a bios flash wrong, chances are your card is garbage.

If you overclock too much, it may show artifacts and crash.. but not fry. That's only from extended overclocking and high temps.

I a bit scared of overclocking it coz I dont have much experience with OC.

LOL. And you want to flash the bios instead?

If you do a bios flash wrong, chances are your card is garbage.

If you overclock too much, it may show artifacts and crash.. but not fry. That's only from extended overclocking and high temps.

actually it's much easier to recover a bad vga bios than say, a bad mobo bios. you can reflash it by putting another vga card in, putting the bad card into another slot on the mobo and reflashing it.

and some chips fry instantly when you try and overclock them.. (taken from a million overclocking guides) the chance is almost impossible but it has happened :} (again not my experience)