DPInst.exe doesn't work.

I use most updated version of DPInst.exe (version 2.1) to install 2 usb driver (ftdibus.inf and ftdiport.inf). They are all unsigned. So I make legacyMode on, which allow DPInst.exe install unsigned driver. It tells me installation is successful after I run the DPInst. But It still prompt up "Find new hardware" when I plug the device to my desktop. The DPInst.xml file is good. I just don't know why it happens like this. Please help!!!

• 1 month later...

I use most updated version of DPInst.exe (version 2.1) to install 2 usb driver (ftdibus.inf and ftdiport.inf). They are all unsigned. So I make legacyMode on, which allow DPInst.exe install unsigned driver. It tells me installation is successful after I run the DPInst. But It still prompt up "Find new hardware" when I plug the device to my desktop. The DPInst.xml file is good. I just don't know why it happens like this. Please help!!!

Hello,

so someone has the same problem...

Let`s hope one of the gurus has a look at this, too!

BTW... For me, the "normal installation" does work, but the quiet installation does not.

Regards,

Pelle.

Edited by Pelle1911

Hi there,

I am also finding the same problem.

I am not able to install driver if I use DPInst exe in legacy mode.

Error coming as No matching devices found in INF on the Machine.

Can anyone help me in this? I do not have cat file for driver and there is no entry in INF file also.

Please reply.

• 4 months later...

Hello again,

after having users install the driver in legacy-mode, it seems users typically quit installation when prompted to install an unsigned driver. This is causing serious problems, since if the driver is not installed, our system won't work (obviously).

Any suggestions how to suppress the warning-message? This is important!

Regards,

Pelle.

• 7 months later...

I am getting exactly the same thing and was hoping somebody had a solution. Apparently a windows hotfix is responsible for this and unfortunately it has no uninstall functionality. I will get back to you if I manage to pinpoint the hotfix that is the culprit.

• 3 weeks later...