how can i see the button "hide protected system files"

See if this allows you to see system files, I have no idea why the option is missing.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"SuperHidden"=dword:00000001

thank you for your advice. it works. :rolleyes:

Iwas infected with a virus that put file "addslta.exe" to my folder: "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\" and it changed key: HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\SuperHidden\

Type = "checkbox2" (where the correct value should be "checkbox") so I can't see the check box! (as the thumbnail below)

thank you once again!

post-162128-1195030473_thumb.jpg

Edited by rockervn

thank you for your advice. it works. :rolleyes:

Iwas infected with a virus that put file "addslta.exe" to my folder: "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\" and it changed key: HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\SuperHidden\

Type = "checkbox2" (where the correct value should be "checkbox") so I can't see the check box! (as the thumbnail below)

thank you once again!

If you knew this, why didn't you simply change the key back to "checkbox"? :blink:

If you knew this, why didn't you simply change the key back to "checkbox"? :blink:

I did as swanpy suggested and I could see my protected system files but I still couldn't see the check box.

as I was editing the registry so I looked at the surrounding keys near the one swanpy mentioned and I found that key (but in HKLM instead of HKCU). I posted this here for somebody who will have the same problem with me can find way out!

thanks for your comment!