Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320 MB; Which is the best for the price?

ben100014

Hey all, I have FINALLY decided what Video card I am going to get (if you haven't seen the earlier posts then click on my profile) a Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320 MB. I just need the best Mfg. for the price. I heard BFG is factory overclocked and has a great trade in policy? AND a lifetime warrenty? (I don't know-just what a few of my friends were telling me.) Is that a good brand for the price? Or is EVGA or MSI/XFX a better brand? Any reply is greatly appreciated.

NEW computer specs:

PSU: Raidmax RX630A 630 watt PSU

Ram: 2 gigs of OCZ Platinum edition Revision 2 DDR-2 PC6400

HDD: Seagate Barrecuda SATA 320 GB HDD

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or E6550

MOBO: Intel Classic Series DG965SS

Video Card: ~Topic~

Edited by ben100014

I used to have a BFG card, was briilliant, was my 8600GT, now i have an XFX 88ooGTS 320 MB, superb card.

Some people may say go for the new GT version...personally i say dont, its not as powerful in DX10 games.

its like a car...the GT has acceleration, but no torque.

Hold on there! The 8800GT is out now, that would be a better deal. Next month there will be a new GTS version also, knocking the socks of the "older" 8800GTS.

Torque is used to accelerate dude ;).

EDIT: Check out this link.

Hold on there! The 8800GT is out now, that would be a better deal. Next month there will be a new GTS version also, knocking the socks of the "older" 8800GTS.

Wow, thanks for the information! :thumbup I think my decision has been made. :thumbup Thank you and all of the people that posted. I really appreciate it! :thumbup

I recently bought 2 x Quad core system each with an 8800 GTS 320MB. A week later, I learnt the 8800 GT was out, cheaper, faster, and more memory. However, I wasn't disappointed at all. The fact of the matter is I am still able to play all my games at 1680 x 1050 at high detail. Even Crysis (demo) I was able to play (happily, smoothly and flawlessly) at 1680 x 1050 high detail (no AA) or 1440 x 900 high detail (16Q AA). I really have no complains. However, if I were to buy now, I will definitely go 8800 GT. Afterall, it's everything the GTS has and it's only 1 slot whereas the GTS occupies two slots!

true, the GT is just a marketing scam from nvidia, not long till the 9 series will be out. there gnna be blindingly fast!

My GTS runs all new games on max, except crysis, but who cares for crysis, got a crap engine like last time, and at a FPS rate of just under 100 in new games (cod4, UT3)

lol, that's exactly what i was screaming out in my head when i read the title of the post.

depends on the torque/rpm ratio, i was just using that as an example, not to get into a discussion on cars ;)

Doesn't matter.

Torque = acceleration.

Little torque = horrible acceleration.

And the GT looks like it has ALOT of it. I'd like to see what the GTS refresh is like, supposed to be faster since GTS > GT. Will they add video decode?