RunOnceEx Issue on Reboot

wigadore

First off, thanks to those who have helped in the past and continue to in the future. I have learned more then I ever though I would from the many posted discussions here.

My issue I hope is a simple solution. I have a Windows 2003 RC2 Server w/ SP2 running WDS/RIS without issue. When the time comes it runs the RunOnceEx script and all my software is installed without a hiccup. Now comes the issue. The inital build does not join the PC to a domain caues I run a compname.exe within the RunOnceEx to rename my Dell PC's to the Service Tag for it's unique name on the network. Once renamed the PC must be rebooted for the name to take effect. I call the Initial RunOnceEx to run a cmd file to run another instance of RunOnceEx to start then reboot. Now that mechine does not autologin to run the RunOnceEx...I have to login with the administrators password and it runs. So I though I would increase the AutoLogonCount = 1 to 2 or more and it would autologin and continue. No go. It logins in automatically but does not launch the runonce. If I put the setting back to 1 I have to login, but the script runs and the computer is added o the domain.

Anyone have a suggestion how I can correct this?

My initial thoughts would be to install everything before the system restart and the joining to the domain.

Past that create a domain account that only has access to the folder you are installing stuff from, set it to be one with a permenant password, make sure you use some kind of password encryption (I can't member the util that does this in a windows install, right this second) and make it a VERY long password as well for security sake. :thumbup

@hazard_abio Uhhh that's what I am doing. Installing everything trying to reboot and autologin and join the domain. After the reboot I am having the issue. I can autologin no problem but the script does not run...or I have to enter the password of the admin account and the script run and joins the domain. As for your reply to the issue...it gets me nowhere.