OFFICE 2003 PRO WITH SP3 (silent install and/or nlite addon)

midi2k6

Sorry for the double posted:

Well, today we're all using DVD so we do not need to shrink the OFFICE2K, it will be easier to integrate. I got some tips without complicate d like ... above: (Hope approved?!)

1. Get your original CD (OFFICE 2003 Pro) copy everything to your desktop name it: O2K

2. To apply the latest servicepack (i got SP3), using Office 2000/XP/2003 Slipstreamer (download here)

3. Finish your SP3 update blah blah blah...

4. So, in O2K3_SP3 folder you have:

FILES (folder)

OWC11.MSI

PRO11.MSI

README.HTM

SETUP.EXE

SETUP.HTM

5. Add all files to winrar to make SFX silent switch: PRO11.MSI /QN

My winrar commands, you can copy and paste to yours:

______________________ BEGIN ____________________

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=PRO11.MSI /QN

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Title=Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

______________________ END ______________________

That's it! we finished to SILENT OFFICE 2003 SP3, to make nLite addons so easy from here:

using nLite Add-On Maker to make CAB (addon) well.... you got it from here right? further questions please just ask.

By the way, if you need to integrate the FrontPage 2003 + SP3 do the same way as OFFICE 2003, the winrar SFX commands:

______________________ BEGIN ____________________

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=FP11.MSI /QN

TempMode

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

Title=Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 SP3

______________________ END ______________________

• 3 weeks later...

this worked great! this should totally be pinned!

the only thing i'd add, is that if you do the administrative install point described in the unattended guide, you can put in your key beforehand. but still, so much better than the ugly runonce batch cmd i was using!

and actually using this technique, i was able to fit a trimmed down XP and Office 03 onto one CD!

Edited by tum0r

• 4 months later...
Nice guide. I have been looking for something like this. :thumbup Would it be possible to shrink the office 2003 sp3 to in some way?

do you want to make the SP3 update smaller, or just add it into the addon? MSFN guides has how to do an administrative install to add the SP3 update. doing that, and using this method to make an addon, my final size was around 317 MB....

:hello: :hello: :hello: Somebody please could post a tutorial one more detailed of as to create cab. with the Winrar and the nLite Add-On Maker for the MS Office 2003 PT-BR (Brasil) ? I am inexperienced and low cabs already ready for integration in the CDXP, but it would very like to learn. Very thanks. :hello: :hello: :hello:

@puntoMX

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.jackmccarthy.com/malware/WinRAR...ve_Creation.htm

Read through the above site (and look at the screen grabs) to get a better understanding of how to create SFX archive files.

To get the same SFX commands as our friend midi2k6, the ONLY steps required when in the "Advanced SFX options" screen are:

1. On General tab, enter the following into the "Run after extraction" field: PRO11.MSI /QN

2. On the Modes tab:

- tick "Unpack to temporary folder"

- select "Hide all" under "Silent mode"

- select "Overwrite all files" under "Overwrite mode"

3. On the Text and icon tab, enter the following text in the "Title of SFX window" field: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

That is it!

To confirm this is correct, look at the Comment tab in the Archive name and parameters screen.

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.jackmccarthy.com/malware/WinRAR...ve_Creation.htm

Read through the above site (and look at the screen grabs) to get a better understanding of how to create SFX archive files.

To get the same SFX commands as our friend midi2k6, the ONLY steps required when in the "Advanced SFX options" screen are:

1. On General tab, enter the following into the "Run after extraction" field: PRO11.MSI /QN

2. On the Modes tab:

3. On the Text and icon tab, enter the following text in the "Title of SFX window" field: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

That is it!

To confirm this is correct, look at the Comment tab in the Archive name and parameters screen.

100%

however if you use ORK to do a fully unatended customised install use the following, once you have your MST file.

1. On General tab, enter the following into the "Run after extraction" field: setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /QN

2. On the Modes tab:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of questions about making this a nLite addon (less than a day using it).

1) Is there a way to slipstream the Office 2k3 serial number in so it can just install unattended?

2) I only install/use Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word. Is there a way that I can have those (and the required files that go with it) be installed without everything else?

3) Can this be added to the Windows clean installation disk so when I put the disk in & come back later, Office will be on my shiney new Windows already?

Thanks in advance

1) Is there a way to slipstream the Office 2k3 serial number in so it can just install unattended?

1. Download the administrative version of Office 2003 SP3 and save it to C:\ (click here for a different language than English)

2. Extract the Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe file to C:\o2k3sp3a

Start-> Run and type;

C:\Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe /t:c:\o2k3sp3a /c

3. Insert your Office 2003 CD and make an administrative installation point to C:\o2k3

To do this open the Run command again and type;

D:\setup.exe /a (where D:\ is your CD-ROM drive)

4. When the installation point is created open the Run command again and type*:

msiexec /a C:\o2k3\pro.msi /p C:\o2k3sp3a\MAINSP3.msp

5. When the update is finished you can write the content of C:\o2k3 to CD and you’ll have an Office 2003 SP3 slipstreamed CD!

http://www.howto-outlook.com/otherprograms...treamo2k3sp.htm

Doing an administrative installation you'll slipstream the key.

I'm also interested (and have no idea) in your second question... how can i choose wich components i want to install?

Edited by pepolla

IMPORTANT:

Is making this SFX executable enough?

I mean do we directly add this SFX to the nlite's addon window or DO WE HAVE TO MAKE A "CAB" BEFORE HAND?

And if so how?

Help would be much appreciated..

Thanx in advance.

I've already made many .cab files (using maker and manual) and I've also made an SFX archive out of Office 2007 compatibility pack and my own custom symantec antivirus 10.2 installation and these two worked fine when I streamed XP with Nlite. Problem is..... when I made an SFX archive out of my Office 2003 installation using the above instructions it doesn't install when I stream the OS. I even made the dialog not hidden so I could see it extract duing Windows installation, but in order for it to install I have to open the SVCPACK on the install disc and run the office2003 SFX archive I made, then it installs with no user prompts (all silent). It seems like the only way I can get office to install unattended is if I run a batch that runs this SFX archive at first login. I even tried making a new office install made from an ORK and with SP3 and still the same problem. Perhaps my .ini file inside the Cab needs a certain silent install instruction (eg. /qn)?