Clamwin - AV filters

Hey..

Im using Clamwin which doesent have a on-access real-time scanner.

Every now and then i scan my system disk manually, so instead of having every file type ticked off which would take a while.. im going to limit it a bit.

Im not a novice and i use common sense, always scanning files downloaded from conspicuous sites.. scripts turned off in firefox etc..

Which file types should i tick off for scanning? so far ive marked off *.exe

Add in .wma, .wmv, .wmf as they can contain executable code. You might want to add in some archive formats (.zip, .tar, .bz2, .rar, .gz) and some graphic formats (.bmp and .jpg).

Also, I don't know if it's still a problem, but MS Outlook .pif files used to be a common vehicle for viruses to move around. You could add those in as well.

And it is also not good. I don't use an antivir at all but I upload suspicious files quite frequently on Jotti and clamwin barely ever finds something wrong with them when most of the other flag them correctly as malware.

And it is also not good. I don't use an antivir at all but I upload suspicious files quite frequently on Jotti and clamwin barely ever finds something wrong with them when most of the other flag them correctly as malware.

From what I have researched, this is unfortunately correct. Using a scanner like avast will help a lot.