SESSION.INI questions...

antinouskalisto

Problem : nLite won't load AND apply my ini.

Detail of problem :

Using nLite 1.3.5, I was able to edit the *SESSION.ini with notepad/textpad and then load it into nLite with import. This worked GREAT for a really long time (one year?). It was especially useful for things that only change version numbers.

C:\bobby-storage\Windows_XP_PRO_WORKSHOP\Integration Drivers\REALTEK_HDA_WDM_R180\WDM\HDA.inf,0
C:\bobby-storage\Windows_XP_PRO_WORKSHOP\Integration Drivers\NVIDIA\Win2KXP\163.71\English\nv4_disp.inf,0

C:\bobby-storage\Windows_XP_PRO_WORKSHOP\Integration Drivers\REALTEK_HDA_WDM_R181\WDM\HDA.inf,0
C:\bobby-storage\Windows_XP_PRO_WORKSHOP\Integration Drivers\NVIDIA\Win2KXP\163.75\English\nv4_disp.inf,0

As the driver version numbers keep progressing, all I've had to change (in the past) was the version number in the string. It also worked well for the RVMUpdate pack, CNC DirectX addon, pretty much anything that was just getting a revision, I could go edit the ini to match the new filename and it worked. Exactly as expected.

I upgraded to nLite 1.4 final and this 'edit the session ini' continued to work, even if using 1.3.5 .ini's as the source. :thumbup

Recently the laptop that I build XP+Vista on died :angry: , so I got a new laptop :thumbup .

The old setup had everything on C:\ , with just WinXP Pro SP2.

The new setup runs XP and Vista in dual-boot, which made me move everything in C:\bobby-storage to E:\bobby-storage. Each OS shows it's homedrive as C:\ and the other OS as D:\, they both see "NTFS-STORAGE" as E:\.

I am getting ready to modify XP with nLite 1.4, and I realize that this drive letter change has occured. No problem!, I'll just replace each instance of C:\bobby-storage with E:\bobby-storage in my SESSION.INI. and import it into nLite 1.4. The ini I replaced C:\bobby-storage E:\bobby-storage in, came from nLite 1.4...so I don't think that is the issue. Nlite says it's loaded the INI at the bottom "LOADED : LAST SESSION", but when I go to the next page no tasks are pre-selected. As I go further in the nLite process, none of my old settings have been loaded for each task. It says it loaded the ini, but there is no settings that get loaded with it. Thinking that there are some old sessions causing problems I close nlite,visit C:\Program Files\nLite\Presets and delete all the ini's in there. Rerun nLite, load modified ini, still none of my loaded settings are there.

Nothing has been changed in this INI besides the drive letter C:\ to E:\. I did a replace of "C:\bobby-storage" with "E:\bobby-storage".

:blink:

It doesn't work. The ini won't load any settings, all the paths exist as listed in the MOD INI, I can copy the line out of there and visit it using "Start > Run". I could reference the INI and go reconfig nLite the hard way, checking each box as listed in ini..... :blushing:

LAST_SESSION_MOD.INI

LAST_SESSION.INI

Just to prove the only difference between the INI's is the drive letter, I ran Sysinternals Junction....

junction -s C:\bobby-storage E:\bobby-storage

and the old/non-mod INI works now... <_<

I really need someone to help me on how I can get it working with the NEW drive letter, without junction. Does Nlite verify the ini somehow? Why would it successfully load the NON-MOD ini and not the MOD ini? Especially when the only thing changed is the drive letter, all the paths exist just as before. :realmad:

Edited by antinouskalisto