Microsoft Deployment

For those interested in the next version of Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) 2007:

Microsoft Deployment unifies the tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment into a common deployment console and collection of guidance. The fourth generation deployment accelerator adds integration with recently released Microsoft deployment technologies to create a single path for image creation and automated installation. Microsoft Deployment’s tools and end-to-end guidance reduce deployment time, standardize desktop and server images, limit service disruptions, reduce post-deployment help desk costs, and improve security and ongoing configuration management.

Microsoft Deployment technologies eliminate interaction time required to install desktop and server operating systems. Interaction at the targeted computer may take a few moments using the Lite Touch Installation (LTI) method or it can be completely automated using Zero Touch Installation (ZTI). Zero Touch Installation utilizes Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 or Systems Management Server 2003 with the Operating System Deployment Feature Pack. Lite Touch Installation can be used when software distribution tools are not in place.

Microsoft Deployment also uses Configuration Manager 2007’s stand-alone media-initiated operating system deployment feature. This release offers project management guidance for all deployment roles and separates technical documentation for the products and technologies to facilitate automation tasks.

Microsoft Deployment enables deployment of the following Microsoft products:

Windows Vista Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate (32 and 64 bit)

Office Professional, Professional Plus, Enterprise, and Ultimate 2007

Windows Server 2003 R2 (32 and 64 bit)

Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 (32 and 64 bit) or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

Pre-release versions of Windows Server 2008 (32 and 64 bit)

Ive used microsft deploy, it looks very promising. I was able to use ms deploy to install xp sp2 from a flash drive (the flash drive was 1 gig, the deploy files were just under 952 megs). I think over time as more people use it itll be very popular.

-gosh

Ive used microsft deploy, it looks very promising. I was able to use ms deploy to install xp sp2 from a flash drive (the flash drive was 1 gig, the deploy files were just under 952 megs). I think over time as more people use it itll be very popular.

-gosh

Maybe a little guide it will be useful for others ? :angel