FLash Drive just stopped working

I have a Transcend 8GB flash drive ( JF V10 ), i was using it to transfer music from one pc to another. From a Dell Dimension 2400 to my generic build. so i took off some of the music just fine, but i didnt tranfer it across, couple hours later now when i plus it in, my pc is reading it as a removable device, like a card reader :blink: i cant access anything on the drive, its like fit was not present.

The flash does even light up anymore, and windows cant read it as a transcend drive either, as it usually does, only a usb removable drive.

Is this the end of the FLash ? i barely had this a yr now. Or is there some way to get this back up and working ?

post-138116-1194606008_thumb.jpg

Edited by D_block

Is this the end of the FLash ? i barely had this a yr now. Or is there some way to get this back up and working ?

Sadly, it looks like some signal lines smoked up. (Almost) Everything can be repaired, but in this case it will cost a lot more then just a new drive.

im very sure ponch, i instaled every thing on my pc i know whats there listing . its a 5 in 1 card reader, with usb port being the 5th. L therefor would make it 6

anyways the thing started back to work, after i keept playin with it.

first the light came on then it wasnt reading no L: drive then it started back readin with no light. then it just began to function properly :unsure: WTF <-- lol

i hasd also sent an email to the tech support from transcend, they emailed me back with sum instructions, if it ever happen again ill try it and see :unsure:

The funny thing about this is, transcend send me sum troubleshooting instructions in a email. But all the instructions point to my pc being the problem , i specifically stated in the email i sent them that it was not working in either my pc or the dell dimension 2400...

why dont compaies take blame for their own products ? :realmad:

Edited by puntoMX

why dont compaies take blame for their own products ? :realmad:

LOL, I once mailed Liteon about an HDD video recorder, I sometimes had no sound and then when it happened also no sound on the recording. They advised me to "try with an other brand of media". ....I told them to drink a coffee and have a minimum respect for their customer.

anyways the thing started back to work, after i keept playin with it.

first the light came on then it wasnt reading no L: drive then it started back readin with no light. then it just began to function properly :unsure: WTF <-- lol

i hasd also sent an email to the tech support from transcend, they emailed me back with sum instructions, if it ever happen again ill try it and see :unsure:

Just backup you information, and don’t put personal/important files on it. I’m sure it has a broken line inside. If it happens again, just return the stick for warranty.

It’s good to have your own info back ;).

• 2 weeks later...

@D Block

I have totaly the same problem as you. (usb working OK for 1/2 year)

Suddenly It creates the same error as yours on my vista computer.

But not on the other vista computer or xp computer; there it is working ok.

So problem is in our Vista software on our computer.

Usb flash JF v10 is OK, repare the software.

If I found how to, I will tell.

Edited by vilig

but if u get through be sure to let me know

My solution was install again vista and now it is ok.

Before new install I tried all this with no solution.

-update bios

-remove 1G ram that i had only 2G in the computer

-rename letters and pull out all other usb devices

-update all drivers for motherboard

-called support Microsoft (repair register, usb.inf files

(nothing realy works, only fresh install of Vista system)

what I will do next time error shows?