run vista performance index tool manually ?

Hi guys,

how do you run the performance index test tool after installation if SkipMachineOOBE is in your autounattend.xml ?

I know you can run it manually from the Control Panel but I did not find the tool or commandline that starts. Somehow it seems like winsat.exe is started as a process, but if I manually start winsat.exe, nothing but a cmd pops up.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Mercury_22 !

Of course you are right, it was early in the morning, brain is not working to it´s full capacity at that time :whistle:

The command is winsat.exe formal

However, it does not open that nice gui, it is just a commandlinetool. Maybe someone knows how to display the gui too.

Bye,

Alex

you mean the GUI that is displayed at OOBE or the GUI that is displayed if you click to update the performance index in control panel?

i have a question. if you use SkipMachineOOBE winSAT doesn't run? i ask this because if winSAT won't run i can shave some minutes off the installation time if i incoporate SkipMachineOOBE in my XML. thanks.

you mean the GUI that is displayed at OOBE or the GUI that is displayed if you click to update the performance index in control panel?

I meant the latter. It is nice to have that gui but I did not find out how to start it from a script.

if you use SkipMachineOOBE winSAT doesn't run? i ask this because if winSAT won't run i can shave some minutes off the installation time if i incoporate SkipMachineOOBE in my XML. thanks.

Exactly. it does not run. Thats why I wanted to run it manually later on.

Bye,

Alex

when you see that screen that does performance OOBE is running. I believe it's just oobe.exe. When you get that screen press Shift+F10, and type taskmgr, then you can see the processes.

-gosh

• 2 months later...