Window Focus

Gray

Hi,

I need to run a batch file periodically, but I don't want the batch file to steal the focus.

Is it possible in NT to either run something purely in the background that doesn't steal the current windows focus, or is there a way to run a batch file that steals the focus, and then return the focus to where it was before?

Cheers,

Gray

Can you write your batch as a vbscript instead? If you can, and it requires no input, you can run it with cscript and it will always run in the background and never steal focus (unless it needs user input, which I'm guessing your batch does not).

Can you write your batch as a vbscript instead? If you can, and it requires no input, you can run it with cscript and it will always run in the background and never steal focus (unless it needs user input, which I'm guessing your batch does not).

Unfortunately not - I know nothing about vbscript. I just about managed doing the batch file, and that's very basic indeed! Batch files and the like are really not my area of expertise, hence my posting in this forum.