CPU 100% usage

Big Booger

Whenever I click my mouse and hold it down (left click) looking at the windows task manager I see the CPU usage skyrocket to 100%. I know this should not be happening with a Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz PC 256 800mhz Ram 350 watt PS, etc... ANyone else having this problem, and know how to remedy it? I haven't a clue.

Big Booger

It's actually not a problem, it's normal. I've got a P4 1.7ghz and 256rdram at 800mhz too and it happens. Even on my old Celeron the same thing would happen. The usage immediately drops anyway immediately after you release the mouse.

I mean does the mouse really need all that power to operate? Think about this,

500 Mhz machine mouse uses 100%, so if you upgrade to 1000Mhz machine, it should only need 50% ????

Just screwin' around. Thanks Conan for the clarification. Sometimes the smallest things screw me up.

Big Booger

Running a P4 1.6gig with the same ram config, actually never noticed that....thou I wouldnt think that ur mouse would be pulling that much on sys resources??? [/quote:733c7626cd]

Just one of the many hidden wonders of Windows! :)

This is way to do it for those who said it doesn't happen for them. Open up task manager so that you'll be able to see the CPU usage. Then left click on the minimize/maximize portion of your browser, while you left-click, keep pressing on the mouse button and don't let go. Then you'll see the cpu usage rise.