SmoothText 1.1.8

WildBill

Taskbar background will appear but in 1.0 it write over the startbutton.

so the startbutton is not visible but I I click where the start button is the start menu is shown.

So I think he first write the start button and then write the taskbar but it maybe should be the other way.

It feels like it is that way.

Edit:

to make an great working Skin I did like this.

I took the files from Alysseum Plus so they use with the Alysseum Plus!- Charger ini file.

So now I have an working skin.

I have now start to replace my own file onto this skin and use the Alysseum ini file.

And with that taskbar skinning is working quit good.

and the startbutton is visible.

I did see that it does not skin the open button in "common dialogs"

Edited by Tripo

The icons not showing in taskbar when have the skining on is.

apps with 32bit icons.

Like if I press my computer I see the icon then I patch explorer with 32bit icons then the icon is not showing.

and the other software that the icons is not showing does also has 32bit icons.

I list the bugs I found so far.

1. Commondialog open button not skinning.

2. 32bit ikons not showing in taskbar.

3. Startbutton flicker sometime you see the original startbutton flashing for a millisecond.

4. Taskbar not skinning until you have open an app or a directory that is using the taskbar Then it skin perfect.

Edited by Tripo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the test reports! It's been a while since I've released an update. I'm working on finishing tab support, and it takes a while since tabs can be attached to any window edge (top, bottom, left, right). I've uncovered (and fixed) a font-caching bug in the process, and I still have to do more work on skinning and handling sideways text. I haven't taken a look at your skin yet, but I plan to try to integrate it before the next release.

• 1 month later...

I've released version 1.0.1, which you can get at the top post, as usual. Tripo, I've taken your initial Uber skin and included it, though I first made some changes and additions. The changes were mainly to make some image borders transparent, so there are some .TGA versions of your files added to the skin. I've also added some images to accommodate trackbars and tabs. Otherwise, it's a very nice skin, and thanks for donating it!

I've tested the heck out of this, and while there are still some issues, it seems to be pretty stable. I hope everyone enjoys it.

Hey Wildbill,

Nice to see that you're still working on this project. :)

It definitely is stable, although still fails to skin the Start button for me... (EDIT: oops unchecked that in the settings along the way sometime...)

I also agree: the Uber skin is great; it captures the modern Aero look without compromising the boxy look of 2000. (I do find the default button image a bit hard to identify against the background color with my failing eyes ><)

You should get in touch with marxo over on WPC about including this in the new 7ize (evolved from Vistapack).

Edited by Colonel O'Neill

Hmm. I noticed a bug in the Uber.INI file. For the taskbar buttons, there is an extra entry that's causing them to not appear. For [iMAGE5] and [iMAGE6], there's an extra line that you need to remove:

StretchRectRight=16

Basically the duplicate StretchRectRight entry is causing the image to be ignored. I'll repack the archive and re-upload it, but for anyone who already grabbed it, that will get Taskbar and QuickLaunch buttons working.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, WildBill.

I changed a little your source and compiled Japanese Edtion.

This archive includes changed source files for Japanese.

SmoothText 1.0.1 Japanese Edition

post-194613-127400142177_thumb.jpg

I'll introduct SmoothText on my blog.

I've released version 1.0.1, which you can get at the top post, as usual.
Edited by blackwingcat

Wow, I guess I'll have to work on making it localizable ;)

For version 1.0.2 I've added support for skinning combo boxes, and I'm making a lot of internal changes to try to to track down any further instability issues.

I've started using the Delphi Localizer (Delphi Localizer) to localize the project. In the future, people will be able to submit localizations and I'll be able to put them in. I'm having trouble with the Japanese text as I don't have the font that you have, but the localizer was still able to import the text into the localization project.

Edited by WildBill

Hi, WildBill

You can download Japanese and Chinese and Korea font from Microsoft Download.

I described in blog.

Please look at link in the page. VistaFont_JPN.exe etc.

You can extract these exe files with /x Option, and install these fonts. :thumbup

Perhaps you have to set font link setting.

I've started using the Delphi Localizer (Delphi Localizer) to localize the project. In the future, people will be able to submit localizations and I'll be able to put them in. I'm having trouble with the Japanese text as I don't have the font that you have, but the localizer was still able to import the text into the localization project.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm. I managed to get it from Microsoft, but when I try to run it, it says it's not a valid Win32 application.

Did you define following definition?

#define WINVER 0x0500

#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500

KDW's fcwin can make it fix 'it's not a valid Win32 application'

* Select OS Version Win2000

* Check Executable and Checksum

* Press Rewrite.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to try it again later on. Unfortunately my desktop PC's monitor died and I'm waiting for a new one. In the meantime I'm working on SmoothText 1.0.2 on my laptop. So far I've fixed a ton of bugs and added support for skinning combo boxes. I won't be able to localize this one, though, because all of the localization stuff is on my desktop.