SmoothText 1.1.8

WildBill

Hello Wildbill,

First I must say that your skinning engine is getting much better.

There are still problems with maximized windows. The Close/minimize/maximize buttons are missing.

If I deactivate skinning of window captions and try to maximize window, only a part of the window is shown.

I haven't seen a problem with missing buttons. Can you post a screenshot so I can try to reproduce it?

Hello Wildbill,

First I must say that your skinning engine is getting much better.

There are still problems with maximized windows. The Close/minimize/maximize buttons are missing.

If I deactivate skinning of window captions and try to maximize window, only a part of the window is shown.

I haven't seen a problem with missing buttons. Can you post a screenshot so I can try to reproduce it?

Found it. I used emergedesktop as shell. With explorer as shell the window buttons and programicon is shown with maximized windows.

But with explorer as shell there is always cpu at 100%, although i deactivated all other programs incl antivirus!

Perhaps it is because of my old computer (Pentium III, 512mb and IBM grafics onboard with Windows 2000) :(

I thought I could replace truetransparency with smoothtext to skin also buttons etc.

Screenshot: Emergedesktop with Rainmeter/Rainlendar/Truetransparency,GDI++,Antivir (gives a processor load of about 30%)

post-127322-127395025725_thumb.jpg

Hi WildBill.

Delphi Localizer can't changed font families and character types.

and not effected in ConfigureOverrideStandardFormUnit.

I think you only make executable file with Japanese dfm and Comment out Main routine.

and rename SmoothText.JPN and SmoothTextConfig.JPN.

What if you try installing Delphi Localizer (it requires installing MSXML 4.0). Would that let you rebuild the localizer files?

Hi WildBill.

Delphi Localizer can't changed font families and character types.

and not effected in ConfigureOverrideStandardFormUnit.

I think you only make executable file with Japanese dfm and Comment out Main routine.

and rename SmoothText.JPN and SmoothTextConfig.JPN.

What if you try installing Delphi Localizer (it requires installing MSXML 4.0). Would that let you rebuild the localizer files?

I made a small change to how it handles the localizer and reposted it (updated download link above). Would you mind giving it a try? I think the problem was that it was applying the translation before it had created all forms.

Hi WildBill.

ConfigureOverrideStandardFormUnit is partically applied Japanese. :)

I translated on #444

But Charset problem remains.

I made a small change to how it handles the localizer and reposted it (updated download link above). Would you mind giving it a try? I think the problem was that it was applying the translation before it had created all forms.

post-194613-127400203881_thumb.png

It seems no effection by my resource I provided two week ago.

st109.png

Japanese display status.

o SHIFTJIS_CHARSET + MS Sans Serif

o SHIFTJIS_CHARSET + MS UI Gothic

x DEFAULT_CHARSET + MS Sans Serif

o DEFAULT_CHARSET + MS UI Gothic

x ANSI_CHARSET + MS Sans Serif

x ANSI_CHARSET + MS UI Gothic

st109a.png

Posted version 1.0.9 tonight. Just a couple of fixes, but every little bit helps.

Enjoy...

Edited by blackwingcat

Boy, I don't know...what happens if you totally recompile it? Or are you doing that already?

Hi WildBill.

Although I said before I can't compile this Project(since v1.0.6) with Delphi 6 personal Edition, cause I don't have huge.hdc and windowmanagement.hdc.

and I think you compile without version 1.0.7 Japanese resource I made but 1.0.4 version one .

0411.wlx file does not include localized fontname and charaset.

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi, WildBill.

The executable files which I compiled may have some problems, and the files size are about only 1M bytes. :(

Please compile following way on your environment.

* extract this archive.

* overwrite your source files.

* compile them.

* rename from smoothtext.exe to smoothtext.jpn and from SmoothTextConfig.exe to SmoothTextConfig.jpn.

* They doesn't need *.0411.wlx files. :). In Japanese environment the executable automatically loads *.jpn resource file.

You should be able to recompile them.

Hello WildBill!

Sorry for being a bit impatient, but do you know what could be the cause of the skinning problems I experience?

Here's some display specific information:

Video card: ATi Radeon 9200 SE

Driver version: 8.231.0.0, 2006-02-21

DirectX version: 9.0c w/ 2010 SDK