SmoothText 1.1.8

WildBill

I think that Override Standard Controls is still buggy (specifically, there is probably a bug in the code for one of the control types). The problem is figuring out where the problem is: for version 1.0.0 I think I'm going to have to let you turn on or off overriding of individual controls. Hopefully that will let you narrow down the problem.

The SmoothText program itself doesn't consume all that much in the way of resources, but I'm thinking of going along with Tripo's suggestion of a program that can configure it without actually starting it. That should help you in cases where it's causing lockups and you're trying to narrow it down.

Give me a few days to get it all put together...

I think that Override Standard Controls is still buggy (specifically, there is probably a bug in the code for one of the control types). The problem is figuring out where the problem is: for version 1.0.0 I think I'm going to have to let you turn on or off overriding of individual controls. Hopefully that will let you narrow down the problem.

Sound like a good idea.

The SmoothText program itself doesn't consume all that much in the way of resources

No I know it does not take upallot of resources.

But my idea was if it take less resource it even better.

Also I think that an icon in the system tray is not needed.

When you have it configured as needed.

when it is working and configure it how you would have it with skins and stuff.

Then its gonna be in startup folder and just be running in the background.

I think smoothtext on my computer with the skinning on takes about 5mb of ram.

but I'm thinking of going along with Tripo's suggestion of a program that can configure it without actually starting it. That should help you in cases where it's causing lockups and you're trying to narrow it down.

Yes that sounds great I think it is easier when it freezes.

to config Smoothtext to get it to work again if it is a standalone app to config.

Cheers man.

great work.

For now it is stable for me.

When I have done the ctrl+alt+del thing I sad.

and that for first start only.

but I'm thinking of going along with Tripo's suggestion of a program that can configure it without actually starting it. That should help you in cases where it's causing lockups and you're trying to narrow it down.

I think you could just throw in a commandline switch to not hook any windows, so the settings can be configured in the same program.

Something like this? (http://delphi.about.com/od/beginners/a/runwithparams.htm)

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
var
j:integer;
begin
for j := 1 to ParamCount do
ShowMessage(ParamStr(j));
end;

I'm sure there's a way to put that action in a batch file, but I'm too lazy ;)

I did like this open regedit go to the smoothtext regsettings stuff.

then file export.

then

[-hkey.....somthing

a - before everything.

but thats erase all smoothtext settings.

But I like the way Tihy has done with RP9 or Uberskin.

nice and clean one software for configue then the real apps are only running at lowest resources possible.

Now why didn't I think of that? :thumbup

By the way, Override Standard Controls has to be enabled for skinning to work right? Because I can't get Override to work. My attempt at using AutoPatcher to download additional hotfixes seems to be failing right now. :( But I'll get a VM installed soon.

I got a VM install working. Override works properly, and hopefully will start skinning.

@Tripo, do you have a working skin to test? Because I just want to see if it will skin before trying. :P

EDIT: It seems to blank out stuff in Firefox 3.5... Anyone else seeing it?

EDIT2: Woot! Skinning is working! Although whenever I change the skin, explorer freezes, and I have to restart it using Task Manager.

EDIT3: The explorer freezing on skin change is in single-core and dual-core modes. Sometimes... :blink:

Edited by Colonel O'Neill

I made a aero button :w00t:

Although there's no hover image :(. Alpha TGA's are a pain in Photoshop (seperate alpha layer instead of regular opacity), but workable.

buttonsg.th.png

Font Substitutions seems to induce corruption... Oo. Maybe ASCII/unicode number things are different between fonts.

EDIT: Made a checkbox. I dunno what every second frame in that image is for... I only see 6 frames out of 12. Nvm. Those are disabled states. ><"

EDIT2: Didn't notice the whole bit at the end describing each frame... Also, does the _HOT suffix mean hover? Because it's turning out to be disabled for checkboxes.

EDIT3: Woot! 84953544.th.png

Edited by Colonel O'Neill

I made a aero button :w00t:

Although there's no hover image :(. Alpha TGA's are a pain in Photoshop (seperate alpha layer instead of regular opacity), but workable.

buttonsg.th.png

Font Substitutions seems to induce corruption... Oo. Maybe ASCII/unicode number things are different between fonts.

EDIT: Made a checkbox. I dunno what every second frame in that image is for... I only see 6 frames out of 12. Nvm. Those are disabled states. ><"

EDIT2: Didn't notice the whole bit at the end describing each frame... Also, does the _HOT suffix mean hover? Because it's turning out to be disabled for checkboxes.

EDIT3: Woot! 84953544.th.png

That looks good.

did you get my PM.

I got it, and it looks great :thumbup , although I don't know how to set the taskbar size to exactly 40 pixels high.

Also, I have the aero reflection map (stripy things that go on glass) in a PNG file. If you want it, I'll post it somewhere...

If anyone else want a basic skin to test Send a PM.

But it is a very early skin and far away for complete thats why not post it to public.

But when it has more in it and all works in it.

all taskbar does not work Properly.

its because some stuff wrong in the ini not the skinning engine.

But when its done its gonna be uploaded.