turtle b**** montego ii and winXP

chillinfart

Official info says "this card is not compatible with winXP". I did work this card using a NT4 driver but directsound support is not available and the sound fells very bad over some programs like itunes and yamipod(but works greatly with windows media player).

Any solution for it?

Since that card was first designed for Windows 95, you'll probably have better luck if you disable ACPI in the BIOS and then install XP using the Standard PC type (press F5 when you are prompted to press F6 for any additional drivers, and select the "Standard PC" option). IIRC, this is what a friend of mine had to do to get his working properly - although it still didn't work 100% the way he expected, and upgraded to a Creative SB Live for $15 USD or something like that (it was really cheap, and worked much better) :).

thanks for info but i don't think to change the card because over win98 partition(i have dual boot on this machine too) this rocks.

But i have a little problem, WinXP is already installed. Do you suggest me to reinstall it?

how i can get that options without a reinstall?

You can try going into the device manager and going into the properties of the computer object and changing the driver to standard PC, and then once you reboot and test that it is working you can reboot again and disable ACPI in the BIOS if you are able.