nLite 1.4(.1) - - ->

nuhi

2) The following tweaks don't work on XP SP2/SP3 (IE6):

"Explorer" -> "Advanced Search: preconfigure options"

[...]

"Boot and Shutdown" -> "Disable automatic restart on System Failure"

Works perfectly here on WinXP-Pro-SP2...

It's quet possible these tweaks dont work in combination with other tweaks or such.

For instance, advanded search thing might work if "classic search" disabled. For me the "advanced search" check box is not checked, but three other options under it are checked. I don't know, maybe its supposed to be like that...

For me the "advanced search" check box is not checked, but three other options under it are checked. I don't know, maybe its supposed to be like that...

You have just confirmed that the tweak works perfectly ;)

(Yes, it is exactly supposed to be like that :))

Edit : To clarify, then that tweak presets the 'Advanced Options' selections, but it doesn't however preset the 'Advanced Options' to be used by default.

Edited by Martin H

You have just confirmed that the tweak works perfectly ;)

(Yes, it is exactly supposed to be like that :))

Hmmm ok then, but for some reason, a year ago (or so), the "Advanced search" check box was automaticaly checked whenever I hit F3 key to search...Its very much possible it was made by some other tweaker I've used, but I thought nLite did it...

Any way, it would be very nice to have that check box checked at all times, or even better, remmembered the last state it was used. Is it possible add in nLite?

These entries do NOT stick when they are checked;

1. Display Admin Tools,

2. Show small icons in Start Menu.

Could these be added?;

1. Display delete confirmation dialog (uncheck),

2. Single click,

3. Shortcut for MSConfig under Admin Tools,

4. Show Quick Launch.

Thanks again.

Edited by videobruce

1. Display Admin Tools,

2. Show small icons in Start Menu.

This is so wierd...I dont know how nLite does the tweaks and why some settings works for some people, for others they dont...these two settings works for me and always have worked since v1.3 on XP Corp, OEM SP2/SP3 RC1

Could these be added?;

1. Display delete confirmation dialog (uncheck),

2. Single click,

3. Shortcut for MSConfig,

4. Show Quick Launch.

Thanks again.

1. You got one more vote for this one.

3. At the moment you can add it into right click on my computer icon in start menu or at desktop.

4. another vote for this feature

People that want to disable the 'delete confirmation dialog' unattendedly(My unattended CD does it), will have to manually disable that option under recycle bin's preferences and then afterwards export the following reg key to a regfile on their unattended CD :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"ShellState"

My point is that this tweak is extremely system dependant, and depends upon very many other windows system settings.

MSDN article covering the 'shellstate' structure :

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb759788.aspx

will have to manually disable that option under recycle bin's preferences and then afterwards export the following reg key to a regfile on their unattended CD
Why can't that string just be inserted into anyones nLite process??

(I edited my entry regarding MSConfig).

Edited by videobruce

Why can't that string just be inserted into anyones nLite process??

Of course you can do that, from either nLite's 'RunOnce' section, or it's 'Addon' section(make the regfile into an addon), but my point where that since the tweak isn't universal, but controls so many other Windows settings than just the 'delete confirmation dialog', then it would be difficult for nuhi to add such a tweak to nLite's tweak section, and that it instead would be up to the end user to locate the correct value for the 'ShellState' regkey and incorporate it into the unattended CD(with or without nLite's help - I personally run the regtweak from RunOnceEx together with all my app installs).

Hey. I just wanted to report a few issues with the latest version of nLite.

When I make an unattended install disc with nLite it still prompts me for the Computer Name even though I specified it. The name I enter shows up but I have to press next which takes away from the unattendedness of it all. I'm using the hide pages default for the unattended install.

Also, lately it seems when I make an nLite disc the themes service is disabled by default even though I specify it to start automatically in the services config page.

Besides that, everything's going great.

Hey. I just wanted to report a few issues with the latest version of nLite.

When I make an unattended install disc with nLite it still prompts me for the Computer Name even though I specified it. The name I enter shows up but I have to press next which takes away from the unattendedness of it all. I'm using the hide pages default for the unattended install.

Also, lately it seems when I make an nLite disc the themes service is disabled by default even though I specify it to start automatically in the services config page.

Besides that, everything's going great.

That are not issues with nLite. If you want full unattended you need to select Fully Automated on nLite's unattended page.

And for theme thing some addon can be problem. I use to have a same problem when using IE7 addon but now I directly integrated IE7 and I don't have problems. I suggest you to check your addons.

Cheers ;)

@cbosdell

I personally always use 'Hide pages' and have never experienced your described issue. Also, you shouldn't need to select 'Fully automatted', since 'Hide pages' is exactly as unattended as 'Fully automatted' if having entered all needed data correctly. If you are 100% sure that you have entered the needed data in nLite, then i would recommend that you cleanly reinstall nLite and use a fresh XPCD source and try again with your old preset.