nLite 1.4(.1) - - ->

nuhi

Thanks for update Nuhi! :thumbup

This MAN changed many people's opinions about XP and still continues to do such thing B)

I wish You luck and many donations in Your second project vLite too :rolleyes:

Error :huh::thumbup

Enable your referrer and download from the Download page, if it doesn't work with the left click try the right click - 'Save Link As'

If you're not sure how it is blocked then temporary disable Firewalls, Antivirus or some other Privacy tool you might currently have active.

Here is a guide on this topic

I keep getting this error, when I try to d/l nlite. Is there somewhere else I can download it? John

Gorki and mitsukai, I only saw that in Vista with Firefox and it went away virtually on it's own, probably not nLite's fault in your case either, could be some of the hotfixes?

Anyway keep me updated and if you confirm how to reproduce the issue with just nLite used let me know and I'll gladly try it. You can make sure in virtual machine very easily.

acex, attach your preset please.

Gorki and mitsukai, are any of you use TrueTransparency? If yes, that is your problem. I also have solution for it. Just post here if you use TrueTransparency.

Cheers ;)

Well mara- I just tested it and you are right...TrueTransparency really causes probblems with Nlite..I close it and it's working fine... Thank you very much for this... I was not aware of this...cause I like TT also and I use Nlite a lot... Thank you and nuhi for support. :)

If you still want to use TrueTransparency just add this to exclude list which is located in folder of TrueTransparency (you can edit it with notepad)

n="nLite.exe"
n="vlite.exe"

Cheers ;)

If you still want to use TrueTransparency just add this to exclude list which is located in folder of TrueTransparency (you can edit it with notepad)

n="nLite.exe"
n="vlite.exe"

Cheers ;)

Thanks mara. I works great. :thumbup If you don't mind I might hijack your solution and add it to my True Transparency addon notes so users could know what is causing mentioned problem. :)

This is very helpful. Thanks once more.

Edited by Gorki

@nuhi :

Thank you very much for all your efforts :) If it is possible, then i would very much appreciate if you would fix a bug in one of the tweaks. I have reported it 2 times allready in the v1.4b period, but of course i understand that tweaks probably aren't that important to you, and that you have so many things to do :) Anyway, it's about the following tweak :

'Explorer' > 'Preset Places Bar to' > 'C:, D:, E:, Desktop, My Network Places'.

nLite precets the places bar to :

'C:, D:, E:, Desktop, My Recent Documents'.

nLite sets this regkey wrong :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ComDlg32\Placesbar]

"Place4"=dword:00000008

The correct regkey is :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ComDlg32\Placesbar]

"Place4"=dword:00000012

Thank's in advance :)

I would like to see one default changed regarding adding nLite info to the 'System Properities' box to enabled by default.

Actually I'm surprised it isn't that way in the first place as you should be geting credit for making additional installs and the process to do so far easier.

Thanks.

Hello!

I found a few issues with nLite v1.4 and v1.4.1:

1) When used "Prompt Repair", "Automatic Updates" settings ignored (haven't tryed disable it yet).

2) The following tweaks don't work on XP SP2/SP3 (IE6):

"Explorer" -> "Advanced Search: preconfigure options"

"Start menu" -> "Disable popup on first boot"

"Internet Explorer" -> "Enable Google URL-Search"

"Boot and Shutdown" -> "Disable automatic restart on System Failure"

3) nLite doesn't save changes made on "Burn CD/Create image" page (CD name, custom boot file). nlite.ini doesn't update, though, new paths being added fine...

4) After using "Create image", "Burn CD" doesn't work. It will act like its burning unrealisticly fast, but actualy it does nothing.

Last_Session.ini

2) The following tweaks don't work on XP SP2/SP3 (IE6):

"Explorer" -> "Advanced Search: preconfigure options"

[...]

"Boot and Shutdown" -> "Disable automatic restart on System Failure"

Works perfectly here on WinXP-Pro-SP2...