nLite 1.4(.1) - - ->

nuhi

A comment on 1.4 btw.

If I remove Printers and Printer support, it still keeps spooler files and service until the first launch. nhelper removes their traces immeadiately after running final setup instructions, but I saw an error in setuperr.log, something about spooler service attributes cannot be changed. Apparently, it tries to change the startup option to disabled, but the service is already gone. Not crucial, but a bit misleading...

Edited by platipus

SlimShady, you can run unattended from the command line as well, I think it goes like:

cd i386
winnt32 /unattend:winnt.sif

platipus, yeah that's why I delay that particular removal but it doesn't always do the trick. Still haven't figured out what when kept triggers it, because if you remove almost all like in my config it works like a charm.

Nuhi can you help me out please? I'm having difficulties with nlite while closing application? It just freezes and I'm forced to end it via task manager,and sometimes I can't even do that so I have to force reboot? :unsure: I tried latest version 1.4.0.5 but I still have problem. I'm not shure when it all stated I'm guessing it could be from this 1.4 final vesion..but I can't confirm 100%. Do you have and suggestion maybe? Thanks!

Nuhi can you help me out please? I'm having difficulties with nlite while closing application? It just freezes and I'm forced to end it via task manager,and sometimes I can't even do that so I have to force reboot? :unsure: I tried latest version 1.4.0.5 but I still have problem. I'm not shure when it all stated I'm guessing it could be from this 1.4 final vesion..but I can't confirm 100%. Do you have and suggestion maybe? Thanks!

i have the same problem sometimes applications dont exit properly, so i have o do it through task manager, and the memory is not freed... but this is on a very old nlited version of XP, like a year ago i think?

i hope this wont happen on my new xp

Gorki and mitsukai, I only saw that in Vista with Firefox and it went away virtually on it's own, probably not nLite's fault in your case either, could be some of the hotfixes?

Anyway keep me updated and if you confirm how to reproduce the issue with just nLite used let me know and I'll gladly try it. You can make sure in virtual machine very easily.

acex, attach your preset please.

Gorki and mitsukai, I only saw that in Vista with Firefox and it went away virtually on it's own, probably not nLite's fault in your case either, could be some of the hotfixes?

Anyway keep me updated and if you confirm how to reproduce the issue with just nLite used let me know and I'll gladly try it. You can make sure in virtual machine very easily.

acex, attach your preset please.

Gorki and mitsukai, are any of you use TrueTransparency? If yes, that is your problem. I also have solution for it. Just post here if you use TrueTransparency.

Cheers ;)

Well mara- I just tested it and you are right...TrueTransparency really causes probblems with Nlite..I close it and it's working fine... Thank you very much for this... I was not aware of this...cause I like TT also and I use Nlite a lot... Thank you and nuhi for support. :)

1. If you add drivers that aren't used for a single computer, but used elsewhere, is that a problem?

2. When you add programs durning the nLite process, that only gives you those programs on the Windows CD for conveinence (they don't install when you load the O/S?

1. If you add drivers that aren't used for a single computer, but used elsewhere, is that a problem?

2. When you add programs durning the nLite process, that only gives you those programs on the Windows CD for conveinence (they don't install when you load the O/S?

1. Thats fine i add all the drivers into one disk

2. If you mean an addon (add it in the hotifx section) then it will be installed for you