nLite 1.4(.1) - - ->

nuhi

I just figured out that WindowsUpdateAgent3.0_7.0.6000.381 still is not supported for direct integration - okay, but then it isn't even integrated in svcpack. :unsure:

Never thought about it coz I'm using the HotfixPack with WUAgent in it.

What do you mean? I am installing the WUA via SvcPack without problems. Or at least that's what I thought. Where did you see it doesn't install in your case?

And about direct integration. Are you sure that should be possible? AFAIK this installer doesn't support the /Integrate option.

The tweak to add a context menu item for "Open command prompt at this location", results in the following text being displayed for the menu item

"@SystemRoot\system32\shell32.dll,-22022"

I'm also finding that a tweaked version of XP Pro x64 will not install in VMWare Workstation (at the beginning of installation, it says "Windows could not detect any hard disks"). The exact same version (ie. SP2 integrated, RAID, audio, nvidia driver integrated), but without the tweaks has no problems. I am in the process of going through the tweaks to see which one is causing the problem.

I'm also finding that a tweaked version of XP Pro x64 will not install in VMWare Workstation (at the beginning of installation, it says "Windows could not detect any hard disks"). The exact same version (ie. SP2 integrated, RAID, audio, nvidia driver integrated), but without the tweaks has no problems. I am in the process of going through the tweaks to see which one is causing the problem.
The problem was caused by removing the RAID/SCSI component, since VMWare defaults to creating virtual SCSI disks instead of IDE.

EDIT: Further to this, I noticed that I couldn't install VMWare tools once XP had been installed. This was because I had disabled Autorun. The VMWare Tools install feature works by mounting an ISO containing the tools. With autoruns enabled the setup starts automatically, but with autoruns disabled the ISO gets mounted but setup doesn't get run. Simply browse to the newly mounted ISO and start it manually.

Edited by deipotent