[HELP] How to integrate SP2 to Win XP Pro x86 using nLite?

HaxLi

I spent the whole day yesterday figuring that out :blushing: Why is it so difficult? I get to the point where i have to select my service pack 2 *.exe file. I download the file from the Microsoft webpage. And since i can't extract it to i'ts default directory due to HDD problems i have to extract the *.exe using WinRAR and then make a SFX/EXE using WinRAR again. Then select the SFX/EXE with nLite and extract to the folder i want when i am asked to do that. When i finish buggering about with nLite i save my work. And when i open it again it shows me that my made Win CD still has SP1 and NOT SP2 on it :blushing: I know i am a bit stupid but... Any ideas?

Sorry for my bad english :lol:

I'm not sure what all your doing, however, you download the sp2 and save it to a file on your computer. Example, C:\sp2. When you start nlite and it asks for the file, just point it to this "C:\sp2". Thats it. You don't need to do all those other things that your doing.

Hope this is clear if not post back.

Good luck,

Eddie

You see. I can't just do it. Cause the SP2 starts extractingt to Drive H:\ that isn't working properly. It loads for a bit and then stops copying the files and goes apes***... After all the nonscence my second HDD shuts down (All the files are in the second hard drive. the firs one has only 10gb space on it). So that's why i'm doing all the other stuff...

I have downloaded it but you see. When it launches it starts extracting emedietly to a directory of it's own choice. I do not need that. I want it to extract to a folder of my own choice.

I'm sorry, I guess I can't help you. I just have one more question for you. You say that you downloaded it. Great. This is where you stop. Don't launch it. Do click on the exe to being the install. This is where you start nlite and to have it slipstream.

But maybe I don't get it. Maybe your telling me that it launches automatically, in which case that is a different problem.

And since i can't extract it to i'ts default directory due to HDD problems i have to extract the *.exe using WinRAR and then make a SFX/EXE using WinRAR again

That shouldn't be done.

Just download the original service pack exe, don't touch it, open nlite, next, select Slipstream page, next go there, click Insert and choose that original untampered EXE.

OR if you want it decompressed then after pressing Insert on the Slipstream page select that extracted folder and inside it

i386\update.exe

But just don't recompress it or tamper with the folder structure. It all needs to be as it is once extracted.

I want it extracted. Ty nuhi :) Eddie Yes it launches automaticaly :)

Click on the link provided above, chose your language and click "Change" if needed, then click the "download" button.

When downloading it, Click SAVE not "RUN". It is possible that you do not need to redownload the file, search for it in your temp directories. As stated before, it is 266MB.

I do save it. But when i select to slipstream it it starts extracting to a default directory... I have the right files. I did save the SP2 so i don't have to redownload it again. And i do press SAVE and NOT RUN.