Make Windows Defender and UAC go away and STFU?

bizzybody

I disabled the Windows Defender process, now when I boot up I get

Windows Defender

Application failed to initialize: 0x800106ba. A problem caused this program's service to stop. To start the service....yada-yada-yada

Also, popping up from a red shield in the tray is first a notice about "multiple security problems" then

Check your User Account Control settings

User Account control is turned off

So, Vista makes it somewhat easy to turn UAC off, it's not even really hidden, but then it constantly bitches about the user turning it off. Disabling Windows Defender is a bit more difficult, then Vista tries to make it seem like the sky is falling and malware is going to crawl out of your PC at night and eat your leftovers.

I'm running the latest AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy (FINALLY a new version!), I have zero need for Microsoft's things constantly pestering me.

(It also came with a 90 day "free" version of Norton Slow Your PC Down, AKA Internet Security. That was the first thing I uninstalled.)

P.S. Apparently, nobody on the team who thought up the name "User Account Control" ever played DOOM. UAC, Union Aerospace Corporation, the bad guys whose experiments let loose the demons from hell... ;)

Thank you for the screenshot. I have looked at the explanation for each. I didn't pick up on which setting controls the notification icon.

Would you mind listing that particular policy?

Thanks so much in advance, I had turned off UAC a while back and didn't realize that this solution existed.

Cheers