Ghost32 v11 ?

grinch843

I've got someone running a server with SBS 2003 without ANY backup solution. I've suggested they get a copy of Acronis True image or Paragon drive backup but they said they can't do it right now. Anyway, I found a copy of Ghost32 v11 on their server and was wondering if I set it up on a schedule to make an image of the server drive would this work for a backup? If their drive crashed could I restore the image and everything still work? I use ghost quite often on regular XP systems, but I've never done it on a server operating system. I guess the primary issue would be any files that are open durning the backup process.

If this option won't work, anyone got any suggestions of a program that will that won't break the bank??

Also, anyone use DriveIMG XML by Runtime Software? It's free and says it works under 2003 server.

Thanks

Scott....

My first thought was - NTbackup, and when I googled to check that you actually get ntbackup with SBS 2003, I stumbled on this:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community...bs/sbs0630.mspx

Which mentions Acronis, as well as Ntbackup and other backup-related things for SBS goodness.

Also check out the name "Susan Bradley" - who is the "SBS Diva": http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/

• 3 months later...

oks guys, i have tested ghost 11 in a critical server of my company, i did the backup (all this in DOS GHOST) and install a new software than blew me up win2003, so i decided to apply the ghost i made before, everything runs back to normallity.

soooooooooo

Ghost 11 is so f***ing good,

my servers are DELL with raid5 and scsi.

so it works :>