A few questions ...

Hi guys,

using WPI for the very first time and have already mastered most of the problems that arose. However, 4 questions remain:

Is there a way to disable both the "Close" Button on the bottom of WPI and the "Cancel" Button during installation ? I would like to make it harder for people to skip the installation.

Is it possible to change the order applications are displayed in WPI so that they are grouped together with the other apps of a category (Utilities, System etc.) ? Currently apps are displayed according to their install number, not their category which results in categories being displayed twice or even more than that.

stupid me, found the solution to this one myself ;-)

Is it possible to change the location of the "Installation and "Programselection" Buttons to some place else like for instance more to the bottom ? Reason for asking is that the "Windows Setup" window during runonceex (in XP) or audit user phase (in Vista) is always pretty much on the upper left corner and is blocking the sight to those buttons.

4. Is it possible to move the whole WPI window to any one side if it is for instance in 800x600 resolution and the PC resolution is higher ? Right now it is always at the center, it would be nice if one could move that window some place else ...

Thanks for your help !!

Alex

Edited by midiboy

Answers to 1 & 3: yes.

If you are comfortable editing HTML, then you can open the relevant files found in the themes directory to revamp WPI's layout completely if desired. The JavaScript files can also be tweaked. Play with it, but make certain you keep a backup handy.

Hi blinkdt,

I am no programmer so I am not very familiar with HTML. Nevertheless, I had a look at the code and through experimentation I was able achieve part of what I wanted by moving the exit button to the extra button bar. This way, it is disabled together with the other buttons :-) Also I moved the button bars more to the bottom by adding more <br>´s :-) Certainly not a very professional approach but it seems to work. :whistle:

However, I did not find the place where I can

1. disable the "Cancel button" in the installer

2. move the position of the main WPI window and the installer windows.

Those settings are not in the html files or I did not find them and the js file do not seem to contain this info either.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help !

Alex

Hi guys,

thanks for your help !

as for 1. Great, thanks !

as for 2. Isn´t the position of the WPI and installer windows some variable you set somewhere ? If not, don´t bother, I just thought it is some number somewhere in the code.

Bye,

Alex