Problem while nliting windows 2000

shajunxing

I've used nLite for a long time and love it very much. It works quite well with my XP. But when I used it to shrink 2000 I found some components can't be removed. They are system infomation, connection wizard, vgx.dll and kodark imaging. All of them are located in "Program Files" folder. I don't know whether I ignored something important so I have to look for some help here.

Before nlited, my windows 2000 was intergrated with IE6 and DX9 using the script provided here (by the way, it is also a wonderful thing, I think):

http://bbs.ylmf.com/read-ylmf-tid-414115.html

:blink:

I don't know whether I ignored something important...

YES, you did !

Nlite should be run on a clean source and you shouldn´t integrate updates/ hofixes for components, you want to nlite anyway. ;)

You shouldn´t mark them in the "components to keep" menu as well, ´cause they won´t show up in the removal section otherwise.

btw. :

the link is blocked now, but when it was still up, it looked pretty chinese to me and babelfish didn´t give an understandable translation (tried all asian languages), so I don´t know what this tutorial told you...

...but if you want to slip updates, hotfixes, IE, DX...

there is HFSLIP and you can run nlite on this source, to integrate drivers and remove components afterwards...

Agi Hammerklau

Edited by AgiHammerklau