Network connection's timeout...

so i have this problem starting 1week ago,i lose my connectivity like every hour/30min and i have all packets lost and after like 20-30sec it gets back to normal.or sometimes i have like 30% packet lost for 20min or so.so icontacted my isp and they checked for my account and they said theres no problem with the line or account and its a virus or worm or something that is doing this.

now i have KIS7 on autoupdate and spybot-search&destroy and everything seems clean.i wanted to know if theres anyone knows of any vorus/work/malware that can cause such a thing to look for?

Since you said your scans returned no malware, just one other route to explore comes to mind. But are you able to exchange your modem for another? Some ISPs that provide the modem let you swap for free. You may even try borrowing a friends modem to see if the issue still occurs.

i get the same problem when i use my nokia 6230i as and external modem via usb, the connection just times out periodically, but it doesnt disconnect.

i thought it was a problem with xp, but im getting it with both vista and xp.

im thinking maybe its the service provider :unsure:

i know there are no suc viruses on my pc or malware etc. i got this even after a fresh install. but it unpredictably so i cant even begin to check for the probelm. usually i jus disconnec and reconnec and it works

Edited by D_block

Since you said your scans returned no malware, just one other route to explore comes to mind. But are you able to exchange your modem for another? Some ISPs that provide the modem let you swap for free. You may even try borrowing a friends modem to see if the issue still occurs.

LOL actualy i did that,i had a USB conenction modem so i borrowed my friend LAN connection modem and i had so much less problems so i bought a PLANET modem and now its so much better.

i get the same problem when i use my nokia 6230i as and external modem via usb, the connection just times out periodically, but it doesnt disconnect.

i thought it was a problem with xp, but im getting it with both vista and xp.

im thinking maybe its the service provider :unsure:

i know there are no suc viruses on my pc or malware etc. i got this even after a fresh install. but it unpredictably so i cant even begin to check for the probelm. usually i jus disconnec and reconnec and it works

yeah exactly,it doesnt happen all the times so its kinda wierd.if it was a virus it would be persistant.

So im guessing the main problem is from my isp and the new modem is din a better job for me.