Which would be a good NIC to work with Norton Ghost or similar deploym

evila

I am confused with all the specs on the NICs out there, all I need is a NIC that would work with Ghost Solution Suit 2.0? Some of the NICs I have either fail on remote reboot or fail to be detected in dos, the results were the same even I fiddle with NDIS2 or package driver. :realmad:

I'll be deploying Win2k/xp 32-bit/xp 64-bit/ vista 32-bit/ vista 64-bit and have two concern:

1. Their support on all five versions of OS

2. Whether it is compatible with Ghost. Some just won't even their manufacture provide NDIS2 or package drivers. I spend well over 2 days with SiS and nForce4 and I am so ready to move on.

Edited by evila

Why not use Windows PE 2 and Ghost32 from the GSS 2? Then you don't have to deal with the NDIS driver you use windows 32-bit drivers.

The problem with Ghost32 is that even though I might be able to beging the deploy process by first restarting the computer, some NIC will then have problem connecting to the image server once it reboot into dos mode....I am no pro on GSS 2.0, it would be great if you could give me some tips and info. thanks in advance

Have you tried the universal driver that is used by the boot disk wizard in GSS 2.o? I have not found a card that it doesn't work with yet.

no i haven't try that, but what i've done is trying deploy onto a few machines with unrecognizable NIC that ended up using the Universal Driver Template. The result is......they all failed ......as if it was boot from a GSS1.1 boot disk.....

• 2 weeks later...